1.    #1  
    for those of us with legacy devices (me: VZW pre plus), I thought it would be cool to have a thread with links on the best tips and tweeks to get us by. I'm new to all this web doctor HP OS tweek stuff so not sure what's safe, scary or what for tweeking my pre plus
  2.    #2  
    maybe I should elaborate, I just found out about the 'no 2.0' deal, so started looking on here about that. I see you guys talking about preware? Web os doctor? Backing up your phone? Overclocking? Etc. I started going through the forum threads but was opinng to find some kind of beginner guide on getting going at least with less risky stuff since I'm not a 'phone techy' person.
    any links on this stuff you guys can point me to? Thanks!
    Global Posts
    310 Global Posts
    Welcome to the fold! There are a bunch of similar threads out there re: personal preferred patches, etc.. --> I would suggest doing some searches: there is a LOT of information to help you out on your journey.

FYI -- there are some great guides too. Holler at me (PM) or others if you need some help finding it. In the meantime, what I would suggest is:

- Get PreWare -- this is your gateway to everything Patch and/or Homebrew
    - Start with this: PreCentral.net Best of 2010 Awards Winners | PreCentral.net | The #1 Palm Pre and Pixi Community --> the PreCentral contest will give you an idea of some of the highest-regarded apps & tweaks for the Pre.

P.S. The URL for those with less than 10 posts: <previx with w w w dot> precentral.net/precentral-net-best-2010-awards-winners
    Palm History: Sony Clie T615C --> T|X --> Pre+ --> Pre3 Aspirations -->
    Quote Originally Posted by roninidaho View Post
    maybe I should elaborate, I just found out about the 'no 2.0' deal, so started looking on here about that. I see you guys talking about preware? Web os doctor? Backing up your phone? Overclocking? Etc. I started going through the forum threads but was opinng to find some kind of beginner guide on getting going at least with less risky stuff since I'm not a 'phone techy' person.
    any links on this stuff you guys can point me to? Thanks!
    welcome young grasshopper.. you have come during an oprtune time...

check out the FAQ in my sig
  5.    #5  
    cool! Thanks!!!!
    I will go though all those
  6.    #6  
    Cool, got preware on it, just did govnah and uberkernal set to 500/800
    I had found someone posting some cool preware apps, looking for that thread now, want that landscape keyboard and some others too, this is really fun