Page 8 of 11 FirstFirst ... 34567891011 LastLast
    anybody to help me...?
    I dont know if the 2.1 file on webOS internal is the last one palm updated after realised they made a mistake concerning the update file...

Thx
    Actually running on Palm Pre Plus - France -
    Next phone : Palm Pre 2/3? ! WebOs Rules!
    Quote Originally Posted by Fabulous691 View Post
    anybody to help me...?
    I dont know if the 2.1 file on webOS internal is the last one palm updated after realised they made a mistake concerning the update file...

Thx
    I suppose they fixed something on the server side.

The file downloaded now and the one downloaded this morning are exactly the same
    -------------------------------------------------

Ericsson/Sonyericsson SH 668 > SH868 > SH888 > R320 >T39m > T65 >T68mc > R380 > P800 > Z600 > Z1010 > K608i
    Siemens ME45 > S55 > SL55
    Motorola 6200 > C333 > C350 > V547 > E1000 > A1000
    Nokia 7110 > 6230 > 6630 > 6230i> E60 > N80
    Panasonic G500 > GD90 > VS3
    Philips Fisio 820 > 825
    Palm Treo 650 > Treo 750V
    Samsung ZV40 > SGH-Z560
    NEC 338 > 616
    Ok thx for your answer

a question, is Preware available for webos 2.1 ?
    Last edited by Fabulous691; 02/22/2011 at 07:32 PM.
    Actually running on Palm Pre Plus - France -
    Next phone : Palm Pre 2/3? ! WebOs Rules!
    Quote Originally Posted by Fabulous691 View Post
    Ok thx for your answer

a question, is Preware available for webos 2.1 ?
    It is. However, at the moment there's only one patch available
  5. 2xs
    Global Posts
    30 Global Posts
    GER Vodafone PrePlus up and running with 2.1 and full access to the apps / the profile. One issue, Calender does not sync with Google Calender. The various Calenders are listet and can be selected, but no appointments are shown. Anyone else?

greetz 2XS
    current devices: PRE+
    Quote Originally Posted by AitorMitnick View Post
    Hello i have a Palm pre - Movistar but unlocker ROW and P100UEU. How can i update to 2.1?
    Me too! Original spanish Movistar Palm Pre, model "P100UEU", with "ROW" operator. I love WebOS 1.4.5 with the great enhancements from you people, but the chance of having a "new" phone with 2.x thrills me!

Mind you, I'm struggling to read this whole thread, and also that one about Meta-Doctor, but I guess I'm too nervous to read it properly :-)

Any help, or step by step instructions? Is it true that someone here will repackage the available 2.1 WebOSDoctor, for different models?
    Quote Originally Posted by jcmarcos View Post
    Me too! Original spanish Movistar Palm Pre, model "P100UEU", with "ROW" operator. I love WebOS 1.4.5 with the great enhancements from you people, but the chance of having a "new" phone with 2.x thrills me!

Mind you, I'm struggling to read this whole thread, and also that one about Meta-Doctor, but I guess I'm too nervous to read it properly :-)

Any help, or step by step instructions? Is it true that someone here will repackage the available 2.1 WebOSDoctor, for different models?
    I have a Movistar Palm Pre too and I already have webOS 2.1 running on it. Redistributing it would be illegal unless HP gave explicit permission. I'm sure you'll be able to do it with a bit of patience
    Quote Originally Posted by jvprat View Post
    I have a Movistar Palm Pre too and I already have webOS 2.1 running on it.
    MEWANTMEWANTMEWANTMEWANTMEWANT...

Redistributing it would be illegal unless HP gave explicit permission.
    Oh. Corporations spoiling the fun again. Well, it's legitimate, I guess...

I'm sure you'll be able to do it with a bit of patience
    Sure, patience, I have! Instructions, not have! How did you put WebOS 2.1 into your Pre?!
    I'm wondering why this upgrade to 2.1 is only available on o2 germany and not the other european carriers. At least France (i think it SFR there) would make sense since they are big supporters of Palm too.
    My guess at it: HPalm distributed the webOS doctor to multiple carriers, but o2 was "fastest" in testing it. So they published it first. But they oversaw this bug with the palm account. Maybe the others are right with waiting.
    Quote Originally Posted by 2xs View Post
    GER Vodafone PrePlus up and running with 2.1 and full access to the apps / the profile. One issue, Calender does not sync with Google Calender. The various Calenders are listet and can be selected, but no appointments are shown. Anyone else?

greetz 2XS
    Not sure if this helps, but I have the exact same problem on my GSM Pre2 running 2.0.1 on AT&T in the US.
    Global Posts
    23 Global Posts
    now that the profile loading works, how about flash on pre pluses. is it possible to get the pre 2 flash work on pre plus with webos2.1? does pre2 have a stable flash version at all, or is it beta still?

trying to download flash from adobe gives you a message saying they undergo "extensive testing".
    Global Posts
    160 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by 2xs View Post

greetz 2XS
    I heared of two issues:

a) Issue above regarding no google calendar sync with webOS 2.1

b) Issue with only 3 month google calendar sync (actual month, 1 month back, 1 month ahead) on webOS 2.0.1

Is there anybody having success in syncing ALL calendar data? ......

Rolf
    Global Posts
    98 Global Posts
    Another gripe: Absolutely *no* way to sync with Companionlik / Chapura. Here's what CL support wrote:

"We will be ready to provide a solution for webOS 2.X users once HP/Palm make their application programming interface available for USB synchronization.
    Until then, we can only suggest to use the Google synchronization."

Not happy. Can't live without my Palm Desktop data. Google is not an option.
    Quote Originally Posted by rgloor View Post
    I heared of two issues: Is there anybody having success in syncing ALL calendar data? ...... Rolf
    It's not to difficult to sort this one out, it just requires editing one of the config files on the pre
    HP200LX->Treo270->Treo600->Treo650->Treo680->Centro->iPhone3G->
    Treo680->TreoPro->iPhone3GS->PalmPre->HPPre2->HPVeer 2.2.3->HPPre3

Global Posts
    160 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by dbmgreen View Post
    It's not to difficult to sort this one out, it just requires editing one of the config files on the pre
    Great.

Could you be a bit more specific or direct me to where I can find this particular Information?
    Thanks in advance.

BTW. Would this also solve the issue on duplication of calendar events and/or contacts?
  16. 2xs
    Global Posts
    30 Global Posts
    I heared of two issues:

a) Issue above regarding no google calendar sync with webOS 2.1Rolf
    Issue solved. Complete account deleting and re-adding in Accountmanager. I might remember having the same issue everytime after doctoring ... however, now it works

b) Issue with only 3 month google calendar sync
    ***... I cannot see my vacation in september
    current devices: PRE+
    it's quit strange, but i can't log-in..

already reinstalled the latest webos 2.1 (downloaded it again 5min ago)
    what can i do now?!

thx in advance!
    a roller with a palm pre...
    I wasn't able to connect to my office's Exchange server using webOS 1.4.5, and I saw many people report the same problem in the pc forums. I was then surprised that in the 7 months and counting since the enterprise-focused HP bought Palm that no fix for this was released. And there was no hint of it in any of HP's announcements.

But now that my German O2 Pre Plus (on Singtel) is running 2.1, I was able to connect with no problem. Huzzah!

Other great news:
    1. Once all my Palm Profile and Synergy data were synced (took about 30 mins after restart), all apps are about 20% faster
    2. In the browser, particularly in Google Reader, when an item is opened, it now opens at the top of the item instead of scrolling past the last item to the gray area.
    3. Also in Google Reader in the browser, when an article image loads, it no longer causes a duplicate of the text below the image to appear over the top of text further down. (Fixing this used to require rotating to landscape and then rotating back.)
    4. It used to be that if the browser were put in card view and then brought back into focus, the content would sometimes disappear to be replaced by uniform grayness. Rotating didn't fix it, so the page had to be reloaded. I haven't seen this happen yet.

Still missing in a true enterprise-ready device:
    1. There is no way to change the reminder snooze interval from 5 mins
    2. One can't add recipients to calendar events (although recipients added by other means such as Google Calendar are shown)
    3. One can't specify the timezone of a calendar event (fortunately, Google Calendar recently started supporting this, so it just needs to be added to webOS)

And a warning: The advice at palm.com/rom about connecting one's USB cable to an outlet instead of to your computer's USB port seems wrong to me. At no point later in the web trail does it say one should change the USB connection to one's computer, and yet one must do that for webOSDoctor running on your computer to access your phone!
    Quote Originally Posted by jcmarcos View Post

Being that they are still fairly "neck-deep" in alpha testing, we may see something by the end of the week, but I really wouldn't get your hopes too high. Think about UberKernel and how long it took to go from Alpha to Stable feeds, it took more than a couple of days.

Even if they had step by step instructions, do you think it would be really that smart to just leave them out like a cupcake recipe for people to try out? If you have limited or zero programming knowledge, even with the instructions sitting there in front of you, how would you know if you screwed something up before irreversibly damaging your phone?

As for your last "Is it true...." question.....

This is taken from Post #1 Meta-Doctor Thread quote by rwhitby:

Do not post links to, or copies of altered proprietary software.

Any posts which refer to illegally redistributed software (such as a leaked webOS 2.0.1 doctor) will be removed.

Any posts asking other people to redistribute proprietary software (such as a custom webOS Doctor) will be removed.

Any posts which quote those removed posts will also be removed, and so on down the line of references. If you want your post to remain in this thread, you need to completely ignore invalid posts by others.

Any posts which question this policy will also be removed. Feel free to question the fundamental ethics of WebOS Internals in another thread, and we will be happy to discuss that with you there.

I will be vicious in applying this policy, and ask the other moderators to do the same.

This thead is about using legally obtained items and the meta-doctor to achieve certain results. Posts which refer to illegally obtained material are not welcome anywhere near this thread.

I think exercising a little more patience at this point wouldn't hurt. We've all waited weeks/months/years already, better to err on the side of caution than not (especially if you only have 1 phone)
    Due to the cancellation of the penny, I no longer give 2 about anything. I may however, give a nickel
    1. I was able to use my pre-existing Palm Profile from 1.4.5 (btw, the Forget Password feature in 2.1 also works) My acct id's were remembered but I had to provide the password for each. Calendar colors are not recovered, though.
    2. Voice Dialing is present in the launcher, and it works
    3. Flash is not present (vimeo videos suggest using an HTML5 browser or Adobe Flash)
    4. A Google Calendar non-recurring event far in the future (e.g. 3 yrs) does appear in webOS after sync
Page 8 of 11 FirstFirst ... 34567891011 LastLast