Page 7 of 11 FirstFirst ... 234567891011 LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by Sanjay View Post
    As far as I know, the phone will not work as a phone unless it is atleast activated/logged into by creating a Palm profile. More importantly, a Palm profile is required for you to be able to download apps from the 'app catalog' and that includes free apps. Ofcourse the phone's cloud backup also will not work without a Palm profile.

Do you think that I've repacked the updater being a completely noob about webos and a mandatory activation could stop me ?

The only tool you need to skip the activation is google (and a finger ).
    -------------------------------------------------

Ericsson/Sonyericsson SH 668 > SH868 > SH888 > R320 >T39m > T65 >T68mc > R380 > P800 > Z600 > Z1010 > K608i
    Siemens ME45 > S55 > SL55
    Motorola 6200 > C333 > C350 > V547 > E1000 > A1000
    Nokia 7110 > 6230 > 6630 > 6230i> E60 > N80
    Panasonic G500 > GD90 > VS3
    Philips Fisio 820 > 825
    Palm Treo 650 > Treo 750V
    Samsung ZV40 > SGH-Z560
    NEC 338 > 616
  2. 2xs
    Global Posts
    30 Global Posts
    someone in the german Nexave board supposed, that this Doc is a test version not already with the actual links to the profile servers. He also assumed that there should be an update in the next few hours... take this with some grains of salt.

***edit: oh well, O2-germany and Palm Germany confirmed the error according to tams-palm
    Last edited by 2xs; 02/22/2011 at 10:58 AM.
    current devices: PRE+
    Global Posts
    140 Global Posts
    Bypassing activation Developing on an Unactivated Device - HP Palm Developer Center

On the web 2.0 device is relay easy:

Go to the phone app.
    On a GSM phone, press "#*DEVMODE#", followed by the call button. On a CDMA phone, press "##DEVMODE#". (If the device is GSM, and there is no SIM card, a screen may be displayed instructing you to install one. Just begin typing the "#*" and the phone app will appear.)
    The Developer Mode scene will be displayed.
    Select "On". You will be prompted to re-boot the device.
    if I have an unactivated pre plus, will I be able to download this update? I know I can bypass the activation, but how would I log into my palm profile to have all my apps back and back up all my data?
    Global Posts
    140 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by palml0ver View Post
    if I have an unactivated pre plus, will I be able to download this update? I know I can bypass the activation, but how would I log into my palm profile to have all my apps back and back up all my data?
    Install Preware, install "Show First Use App", log in to your Palm Profile (or create a new profile) and do the magic...
    Quote Originally Posted by tshile View Post
    i tried the 'leaked' one, so let me give you a list of things you can try to see if they've been fixed:

- app catalog, specifically purchasing apps
    - using the same profile
    - alarms working - they would ring for about 5 seconds then stop
    - bookmarks
    -app catalog is acting funny - no paid apps.
    -using the same profile does not work
    -bookmarks are acting really odd for me as well
    -haven't tried alarms yet.

using the german O2 pre plus update on a Uk pre plus
    Quote Originally Posted by 7 fissurez View Post
    -app catalog is acting funny - no paid apps.
    -using the same profile does not work
    -bookmarks are acting really odd for me as well
    -haven't tried alarms yet.

using the german O2 pre plus update on a Uk pre plus
    Maybe I'm wrong and haven't noticed before, but there is also a secure erase option now
    -------------------------------------------------

Ericsson/Sonyericsson SH 668 > SH868 > SH888 > R320 >T39m > T65 >T68mc > R380 > P800 > Z600 > Z1010 > K608i
    Siemens ME45 > S55 > SL55
    Motorola 6200 > C333 > C350 > V547 > E1000 > A1000
    Nokia 7110 > 6230 > 6630 > 6230i> E60 > N80
    Panasonic G500 > GD90 > VS3
    Philips Fisio 820 > 825
    Palm Treo 650 > Treo 750V
    Samsung ZV40 > SGH-Z560
    NEC 338 > 616
    Quote Originally Posted by pman_lt View Post
    Install Preware, install "Show First Use App", log in to your Palm Profile (or create a new profile) and do the magic...
    Yay. So there will be the first use app in 2.0
    Global Posts
    23 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by 2xs View Post
    someone in the german Nexave board supposed, that this Doc is a test version not already with the actual links to the profile servers. He also assumed that there should be an update in the next few hours... take this with some grains of salt.

***edit: oh well, O2-germany and Palm Germany confirmed the error according to tams-palm
    thanks for sharing that info with us meanwhile i downgraded my own pre plus back to 1.4.5. hope they release the fixed version soon.
    For what it's worth, I redownloaded the doctor from the OP and it's about 85MB smaller than when I downloaded it this morning.

EDIT: and now I downloaded it again in Linux and it's the same again. Sorry, probably a false alert.
    Last edited by reflex; 02/22/2011 at 02:40 PM.
    Check out Movie Diary.
    is it normal that i can't log-in to my profile after the update to 2.1.0?
    Will this be worked around or not?

this means we loose all our bought apps? contacts info? ...
    right now i made a new profile, but this is not the one i want to use..

I geuss i could donwgrade back to 1.4.5?
    a roller with a palm pre...
    the palm-profile issue should be fixed now.
    Quote Originally Posted by jfrigger View Post
    so we can doe an erase and log-in with the old profile?
    or do we need to reinstall it all?

noob
    a roller with a palm pre...
    Quote Originally Posted by jfrigger View Post
    I've been wondering why in the world would it take so long for Palm (sorry still not used to HP) to upload the correct file once they became aware of the incorrectly uploaded file. In fact I was also wondering why they did not immediately remove the incorrect file once they became aware of the screw up. At this point not much makes sense about Palm anyhow or else how does one explain the fact that Palm has webOS 2.1.0 out for the legacy Pre +, but their current flagship device, the Pre 2, is still stuck on the bug infested webOS 2.0.1.
    Pre3 (AT&T meta-doctored to ROW) webOS 2.2.4 build 3175
    TouchPad WiFi (32GB) - webOS 3.0.5 build 86
    App Catalog (US) - Vodafone (India)

Treo 180 > 270 > 600 > 650 > 680 > Pre+ > Pre2 > Pre+ > Pre3 & tPad
    Quote Originally Posted by rwhitby View Post
    Working on Meta-Doctor support now ...

-- Rod
    Quote Originally Posted by GuyFromNam View Post
    You never sleep, do you?
    I was thinking the same thing this morning on my way to work, probably lucky he is in Australia so he can keep a day job(to put food on the table), as well as his "real" night job at WebOSint!

The guy is a champion!!
    HP200LX->Treo270->Treo600->Treo650->Treo680->Centro->iPhone3G->
    Treo680->TreoPro->iPhone3GS->PalmPre->HPPre2->HPVeer 2.2.3->HPPre3

16. thg
    Global Posts
    261 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Sanjay View Post
    I've been wondering why in the world would it take so long for Palm (sorry still not used to HP) to upload the correct file once they became aware of the incorrectly uploaded file.
    as far I can see, the doctor I downloaded 10 hours ago is binary compared the same I just downloaded again.

So it seems that they didn't changed anything in the doctor itself?

Greetings,

thg
    I don't know whether this has been mentioned already, but I can confirm that my Palm profile is signing in correctly, and my apps are now downloading (Including paid apps and games). I'm on O2 UK with a Pre Plus.
    Has anyone tried this on a Pre 2? If so, can you confirm that you can change the MMS APN settings?
    where do you find the new file please?
    Actually running on Palm Pre Plus - France -
    Next phone : Palm Pre 2/3? ! WebOs Rules!
    Quote Originally Posted by andrewrchambers View Post
    I don't know whether this has been mentioned already, but I can confirm that my Palm profile is signing in correctly, and my apps are now downloading (Including paid apps and games). I'm on O2 UK with a Pre Plus.
    This is secondary confirmation. My o2 pre plus with original profile and has now synced all apps etc, have also use the app cat to purchase music player remix.
Page 7 of 11 FirstFirst ... 234567891011 LastLast