Page 6 of 11 FirstFirst 1234567891011 LastLast
    Hello i have a Palm pre - Movistar but unlocker ROW and P100UEU. How can i update to 2.1? Greats. (sorry for my english but i am spanish).

Thank you.
    Quote Originally Posted by daexpression View Post
    I think it's best to put all the queries into 1 FAQ....

1. O2 DE - keyboard is Qwertz, how will this impact an O2 phone with Qwerty keyboard?
    2. Palm profile. will it still work? it seems after reading all the threads, it's not conclusive: some say old profile works, some say gotta use new profile.
    Keyboard is controlled via tokens, generally not rewritten unless you do a Meta-Doctor. If your unit came with QWERTY it'll stay that way.
    Palm IIIc -> Sony CLI… T650C -> Sony TJ-37 -> Palm TX -> Palm Centro -> Palm Pre Bell -> Palm Pre Plus Bell/Verizon Hybrid -> HP Veer -> HP Pre 3 NA -> BlackBerry Classic -> BlackBerry Priv

It's a Late Goodbye, such a Late Goodbye.

Need OEM Palm Pre parts? See here
    Quote Originally Posted by Targon View Post
    I would guess that if a FrankenDoctor version works properly on a Pre Minus, then it is only a matter of time before an official WebOS 2.1 comes out for it. Right now, I would be more concerned with profiles working after using a Doctor to update a Pre Plus OR Pre Minus.

Im flashing my O2 PRE MINUS right now (I'm @50%) I'll keep informed on the results
    -------------------------------------------------

Ericsson/Sonyericsson SH 668 > SH868 > SH888 > R320 >T39m > T65 >T68mc > R380 > P800 > Z600 > Z1010 > K608i
    Siemens ME45 > S55 > SL55
    Motorola 6200 > C333 > C350 > V547 > E1000 > A1000
    Nokia 7110 > 6230 > 6630 > 6230i> E60 > N80
    Panasonic G500 > GD90 > VS3
    Philips Fisio 820 > 825
    Palm Treo 650 > Treo 750V
    Samsung ZV40 > SGH-Z560
    NEC 338 > 616
    Global Posts
    143 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Sanjay View Post
    I am quite certain that 'app catalog' accessibility is determioned on a one time 'final' basis. That is, once you have activated the phone and have access to 'paid apps' then you will always have access to the 'paid app catalog'. Creating a new profile or signing in with a different profile has no effect in this matter. Bottom line, if you had access to paid apps earlier, then creating a new profile is not going to effect that status.
    Sanjay, a few posts back "just_jo" said on 02/22/2011, 09:56 AM the contrary. Until I have positive confirmation I will stick with 1.4.5. I don't want to lose all my paid apps....... The whole situation seems to be pretty unclear......... Thanks anyway
    Quote Originally Posted by Targon View Post
    I would guess that if a FrankenDoctor version works properly on a Pre Minus, then it is only a matter of time before an official WebOS 2.1 comes out for it. Right now, I would be more concerned with profiles working after using a Doctor to update a Pre Plus OR Pre Minus.
    that i doubt

thinking theres a lot politics involved into the whole thing.

i think releasing a german o2 plus doctor was a VERY SMART way to stay with the directive not to support legacy but creating a "path to webos 2.0" for the people that REALLY want it (and can actually deal with the issues and consequences) not having to support the whole thing officially.

if they wanted to make it official they would have done so.

but they did what they did knowing very well what happens right now: every pre with this 3 letters in its name which is not "bei drei auf den bšumen" will get the update now.

very very elegant and thanks hp really
    Tell me how to flash my german o2 pre- and I'm more than happy!
    Quote Originally Posted by The Solutor View Post
    Im flashing my O2 PRE MINUS right now (I'm @50%) I'll keep informed on the results
    Ok, it works perfectly
    -------------------------------------------------

Ericsson/Sonyericsson SH 668 > SH868 > SH888 > R320 >T39m > T65 >T68mc > R380 > P800 > Z600 > Z1010 > K608i
    Siemens ME45 > S55 > SL55
    Motorola 6200 > C333 > C350 > V547 > E1000 > A1000
    Nokia 7110 > 6230 > 6630 > 6230i> E60 > N80
    Panasonic G500 > GD90 > VS3
    Philips Fisio 820 > 825
    Palm Treo 650 > Treo 750V
    Samsung ZV40 > SGH-Z560
    NEC 338 > 616
    Global Posts
    140 Global Posts
    Ok, it works perfectly
    Have you noticed any issues? What doesn't work what works?
    Flash, Just Type?,App Catalog?

Have you been able to backup your settings? Or you did a "clean install"? If ill update my current phone will Ill lose any of my settings/data?
    Quote Originally Posted by gnark View Post
    that i doubt

thinking theres a lot politics involved into the whole thing.

i think releasing a german o2 plus doctor was a VERY SMART way to stay with the directive not to support legacy but creating a "path to webos 2.0" for the people that REALLY want it (and can actually deal with the issues and consequences) not having to support the whole thing officially.

if they wanted to make it official they would have done so.

but they did what they did knowing very well what happens right now: every pre with this 3 letters in its name which is not "bei drei auf den bšumen" will get the update now.

very very elegant and thanks hp really
    I don't get that. My view of things: webOS 2.1.0 is distributed via o2-germany which means to me it IS official.
    Ok, it works perfectly
    Please share the edited doctor with us or make an how to! thanks !!!
    please direct meta-doctor questions here

http://forums.precentral.net/webos-i...-doctor-5.html
    Quote Originally Posted by innocentbystander View Post
    Palm LIED to us. They said they wouldn't push the updates, but they did! Regardless of everything else, that was a complete LIE!

... wooooooooo!!!
    well it's not a OTA update - it's a doctor
    Ok, it works perfectly
    stay tuned i ll come down from germany and pick the doctor up
    Quote Originally Posted by ChLange View Post
    I don't get that. My view of things: webOS 2.1.0 is distributed via o2-germany which means to me it IS official.
    yes for european unlocked pre plus it is. not for anybody else.
    Ok, it works perfectly
    i tried the 'leaked' one, so let me give you a list of things you can try to see if they've been fixed:

- app catalog, specifically purchasing apps
    - using the same profile
    - alarms working - they would ring for about 5 seconds then stop