Page 4 of 11 FirstFirst 123456789 ... LastLast
  1. SashoDikov
    i didn't mean to be disrespectfull, i guess my question was "do you think this will force palm to release the kernel source to you sooner seeing it will be running on all GSM pre's next week, and possible all CDMA phones by the end of march"

no doubt this was carefully planned though and not a leak, this is HP's way of saying it isn't us it is the carriers and palm's active contracts with them

btw save/restore works beautifully
    Overclockers may need to check out this page every once in a while to see if HPalm posts the kernel sources for 2.1. As soon as they appear, we can expect a new kernel from Preware - the under appreciated bunch who not only saved our sorry behinds, but also saved HP a great deal of money and rep

@rwhitby
    Thumbs up my man, thumbs up.

Btw, how's the performance on stock frequencies? Any slowdown issues which HP brought up, or is it all just FUD?
  3. 2xs
    Global Posts
    30 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by ManicMarvin View Post
    Is this right? If HP have release 2.1 and you're not breaking any laws by installing it as is, then why can't you use the same profile and keep all the apps you've bought over the last year? Or have I misread something?

Cheers, Manic
    good question... new profile and loosing purchased apps is not an option at all!
    current devices: PRE+
    Is this right? If HP have release 2.1 and you're not breaking any laws by installing it as is, then why can't you use the same profile and keep all the apps you've bought over the last year? Or have I misread something?

Cheers, Manic
    Quote Originally Posted by 2xs View Post
    good question... new profile and loosing purchased apps is not an option at all!
    Quote Originally Posted by SashoDikov View Post
    Confirmed working on an unlocked UK O2 pre plus, which essentially means all GSM pre pluses. Preserved my USB drive data, didn't accept old profile so created a new one, app catalog with free apps only (same as before, i activated in a non-launch country). Funny thing - they have fixed the manual entry for APN settings so it worked now, whereas on 1.4.5 i had to edit the DB
    Hopefully Rod will come up with a solution .....
    ----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
    I am an AT&T employee and the postings on this site are my own and donít necessarily represent AT&Tís positions, strategies or opinions.
    I'm hoping for a FrankenDoctor for a FrankenPre Plus on CDMA...
    Palm IIIc -> Sony CLI… T650C -> Sony TJ-37 -> Palm TX -> Palm Centro -> Palm Pre Bell -> Palm Pre Plus Bell/Verizon Hybrid -> HP Veer -> HP Pre 3 NA -> BlackBerry Classic -> BlackBerry Priv

It's a Late Goodbye, such a Late Goodbye.

Need OEM Palm Pre parts? See here
    Quote Originally Posted by ToniCipriani View Post
    I'm hoping for a FrankenDoctor for a FrankenPre Plus on CDMA...
    Quote Originally Posted by rwhitby View Post
    The webosdoctorp101ueude-wr-2.1.0.jar doctor will apply as-is on any P101UEU or P101UNA device with carrier ROW.

Other GSM Pre- or Pre+ device will be able to flash a customised version after I do some stuff with meta-doctor tomorrow.

For CDMA Pre- or Pre+ devices, some more creative work will be required. Never fear, I have a cunning plan, but it may take a couple of days.

Further information will be posted at http://bit.ly/webos-210-meta-doctor as it is developed.

-- Rod
    Toni,

I think he's working on it !
    ----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
    I am an AT&T employee and the postings on this site are my own and donít necessarily represent AT&Tís positions, strategies or opinions.
  7. SashoDikov
    Quote Originally Posted by TopTongueBarry View Post
    Hopefully Rod will come up with a solution .....
    Until then - the solution is to manually repackage all of your paid apps with Jason's IPK Packager, then install back on 2.1. Free ones you can redownload (at least i can) anytime.
    Quote Originally Posted by SashoDikov View Post
    Until then - the solution is to manually repackage all of your paid apps with Jason's IPK Packager, then install back on 2.1. Free ones you can redownload (at least i can) anytime.
    One note of caution, once you've repackaged the paid apps from 1.4.5 then reinstalled them on 2.1 with a new profile, I'm not so sure you'll be able to update them any more.

Cheers, Manic
    I was able to use my Pre- profile (webOS 1.4.5) when switching to Pre2 (webOS 2.0.0) and everything worked (all paid apps were there). I had to doctor my Pre2 some time later and did not have any problems to restore the profile.
    Can someone report, how "quick/fast" 2.1 is working on an Pre+?
    Thanks, andi
    Unfortunately it does not seem to work on the ATT Pre Plus....
    so.... i cant use my palm profile?

is there a way i can delete my profile and re-register it?
    I have doctored my Palm Pre Plus SFR with the o2 Germany jar from the forum link.

IT WORKS!!!

CAVEAT: profile data cannot be restored! Setting up a new Palm Profile does work, as does everything else so far. It'll pull my Google Contacts, Calendar and Mail all right, and I will reset it again once I hear HPalm fixes profile restoration, to get my apps and other settings.

Thanks for doing the right thing, HP and Palm!
    Quote Originally Posted by Timbru View Post
    I have doctored my Palm Pre Plus SFR with the o2 Germany jar from the forum link.

IT WORKS!!!

CAVEAT: profile data cannot be restored! Setting up a new Palm Profile does work, as does everything else so far. It'll pull my Google Contacts, Calendar and Mail all right, and I will reset it again once I hear HPalm fixes profile restoration, to get my apps and other settings.

Thanks for doing the right thing, HP and Palm!
    Have you access to paid apps in app catalog ?
    My guess is this profile problem is probably why HP didn't want to release it. One of those do at your own risk, things.
  16. SashoDikov
    hmm define "speed" can't really test that, i'm spoiled by the quick animations patch and 800/1000 clock of the 1.4.5, all i can say is that 2.1 is not slow, but of course not on par with OC'd kernels. Stock 2.1 is faster than stock 1.4.5 though.

i am also loving the fact that the inbuilt quickoffice application acts a dropbox client - i just launched an .mp3 with it
    Global Posts
    143 Global Posts
    I currently have a Pre+ launched in Germany (i.e. access to paid apps). I am located in Switzerland with a Swiss SIM card. If I get the comments above right, I would need to "re-launch" the Pre+ after installing 2.1.0 which would mean that if I do this with my Swiss SIM card I lose the access to the paid apps? Since a new profile apparently needs to be created, there would be no traces whatsoever of my paid apps and I am left with non-paid only?
    god d*mn, when there's a easy way to get the update my o2 germany pre- I'm going to marry the guys who made this possible. Don't tell my girlfriend

Now my question: if I backup my profiles and stuff with the pre backup utility, then I'll be able to restore this datas at my webos 2.1?
    O2 UK just stated on twitter that they'll be releasing the update for their devices 'soon'

Wonder if having the carrier matching that in the original profile will sort the requirement for a new profile?
    Thought i'd just add this for info

I have installed the O2DE update 2.1.0 for my locked O2UK palm pre plus!

It works perfectly

Only downside is that i had to create a new palm profile!

i might be repeating what someone else has already said, but just thought i'd post it!!!
Page 4 of 11 FirstFirst 123456789 ... LastLast