Page 3 of 11 FirstFirst 12345678 ... LastLast
    Global Posts
    22 Global Posts
    i hope its avail for everyone soon. i think i was on target with verizon not wanting people using flash to watch video.
    What patches should I uninstall before using this Doctor?
    I bought my Pre Plus in eBay. When I enter the Serial Number Palm/HP tells me it is a "Vodafone Pre Plus" (which is right, since it way originally bought at Vodafone and then sold via ebay) but I use it on the O2-de network. Does this make a difference?
    Quote Originally Posted by mrkvs View Post
    It's a doctor, nothing of the OS from before remains.

-- Rod
    everything just to be safe.

also will it work straight out on a uk O2 pre plus? do i have to unlock it or learn german so i can use it? or get a new palm profile?
    Quote Originally Posted by rwhitby View Post
    It's a doctor, nothing of the OS from before remains.

-- Rod
    'Any information that you've backed up to your Palm profile will be restored, including applications and contacts, calendar, and email accounts. Your music, videos and documents will not be affected.'

Before I press 'Next', is this above still true?
    'Any information that you've backed up to your Palm profile will be restored, including applications and contacts, calendar, and email accounts. Your music, videos and documents will not be affected.'

You always have a full backup of your device before doing anything as drastic as running a webOS doctor, *don't* *you* ...

-- Rod
  8. SashoDikov
    02 UK pre plus works straight out of a doctor (as will any GSM euro pre plus)

Rod, you haven't prepared the 2.1 patch gz-s yet so preware spits a tiny error but works fine

I'm on to testing if i would be able to restore my angry birds progress with save/restore

and the feature/bug that the fullscreen graph is not updated in realtime in govnah still exists

uberkernel possible soon ? (600 mhz is running silky, but i want MOAR)
    Global Posts
    8 Global Posts
    Got problems with my simyo-SIM-card!

I receive no internet connection while pressing "Try again" over and over again.
    Then, after a while, you can change the internet-settings manually.
    BUT, bringing correct username and PW get´s the error: "Ungültige einstellungen für Internet-APN" which means "Wrong internet-APN".
    BUT it´s the correct APN of E-Plus : "internet.eplus.de"

Finally On-Top: I cannot quit this menu!

Can someone verify that?
    You always have a full backup of your device before doing anything as drastic as running a webOS doctor, *don't* *you* ...

-- Rod
    Do you mean the native app called 'Backup'? Well, I run it and right now it's preparing something for ages already...
    is it in german?

edit: i assume you can change it in the regional settings after?
    Do you mean the native app called 'Backup'? Well, I run it and right now it's preparing something for ages already...
    No, I mean running Save/Restore from Preware and then copying all files from the USB drive onto another computer.

-- Rod
    WebOS Internals and Preware Founder and Developer
    You may wish to donate by Paypal to donations @ webos-internals.org if you find our work useful.
    All donations go back into development.
    www.webos-internals.org twitter.com/webosinternals facebook.com/webosinternals
    Global Posts
    8 Global Posts
    I have problems with a simyo-SIM-card and the update.

After a while while not getting connected eith the internet, i can manually change the settings. So i take the correct User and PW "simyo"

BUT i receive an errormessage: "Ungültige Einstellungen für Internet-APN" which means "wrong APN-settings". BUT the APN is correctly "internet.eplus.de"
    And mainly: i cannot quit this menu!

Anyone got a solution for that prob?

Greetz, L3v3l
    And use Save/Restore it's a good idea.
    Quote Originally Posted by 7 fissurez View Post
    is it in german?

edit: i assume you can change it in the regional settings after?
    I presume it's multilanguage as any other previous update.
    -------------------------------------------------

Ericsson/Sonyericsson SH 668 > SH868 > SH888 > R320 >T39m > T65 >T68mc > R380 > P800 > Z600 > Z1010 > K608i
    Siemens ME45 > S55 > SL55
    Motorola 6200 > C333 > C350 > V547 > E1000 > A1000
    Nokia 7110 > 6230 > 6630 > 6230i> E60 > N80
    Panasonic G500 > GD90 > VS3
    Philips Fisio 820 > 825
    Palm Treo 650 > Treo 750V
    Samsung ZV40 > SGH-Z560
    NEC 338 > 616
    Quote Originally Posted by SashoDikov View Post
    Rod, you haven't prepared the 2.1 patch gz-s yet so preware spits a tiny error but works fine
    Will fix that tonight.

uberkernel possible soon ? (600 mhz is running silky, but i want MOAR)
    We need kernel source code first. You must not be following @webosinternals on Twitter where I reminded Palm of this GPL obligation.

-- Rod
    WebOS Internals and Preware Founder and Developer
    You may wish to donate by Paypal to donations @ webos-internals.org if you find our work useful.
    All donations go back into development.
    www.webos-internals.org twitter.com/webosinternals facebook.com/webosinternals
    We're rooting for you Rod!

The webosdoctorp101ueude-wr-2.1.0.jar doctor will apply as-is on any P101UEU or P101UNA device with carrier ROW.

Other GSM Pre- or Pre+ device will be able to flash a customised version after I do some stuff with meta-doctor tomorrow.

For CDMA Pre- or Pre+ devices, some more creative work will be required. Never fear, I have a cunning plan, but it may take a couple of days.

-- Rod
    Palm III>Sony CLIÉ S300>Sony CLIÉ N760C>Sony CLIÉ TG50 & Tapwave Zodiac 2>Handspring Treo 600>Palm Treo 700p>Palm Treo 755p>Palm Pre>FrankenPre2

I believe you'll need to create a new profile. Since you'll be creating a new profile, NONE of the information you've backed up to your old Palm profile will be restored, including applications and contacts, calendar, and email accounts. You'll need to set them up again once you create and log in to your new profile.

As for the rest of your data (music, videos and documents stored in your media folder - usb drive), those files generally survive a doctoring, however I can't personally vouch for what happens to them when you go from 1.4.5 to 2.1 since I haven't done it myself yet.

As Rod reminds us:

-- Rod

TTB
    ----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
    I am an AT&T employee and the postings on this site are my own and don’t necessarily represent AT&T’s positions, strategies or opinions.
  19. 2xs
    Global Posts
    30 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by precaution View Post
    Although, I downloaded the O2 version of webOS 2.1.0 for legacy devices, it also runs on Vodafone's Pre Plus' across Europe and most likely on all 3G Pre Plus' out there... [...]
    anyone else able to confirm that european Pre-Plus' from VODAFONE are ready for the 0² Update ?

greetz 2XS
    current devices: PRE+
    Quote Originally Posted by TopTongueBarry View Post
    I believe you'll need to create a new profile.
    Is this right? If HP have release 2.1 and you're not breaking any laws by installing it as is, then why can't you use the same profile and keep all the apps you've bought over the last year? Or have I misread something?

Cheers, Manic
Page 3 of 11 FirstFirst 12345678 ... LastLast