Global Posts
    17 Global Posts
    So I managed to pick up a Verizon Pre Plus on eBay this weekend and went throught the process of plussing my Sprint Pre. At first it appeared that everything went swimmingly, until I went to charge it. If I plug it in (laptop or AC adapter) it still loses charge. I've tried multiple battery's, usb cables, and AC adapters and still the same issue. Used WebOS Doctor and restored everything again with the latest Sprint 1.4.5. Still no go....

After searching around these parts, I've come across some mention of a "partially bricked modem" causing this issue and something of a "Novacom renewal" to fix it but no details on how this is done. This makes some sense to me because since the Plussing, my data connection has been flaky at best.

Anybody have any details on the "Novacom renewal" or any other ideas? For now I put the Verizon com boards in my Sprint Pre so that I can charge spare batteries up... but that's gonna get old pretty quick.

Thanks in advance for any help,
    -Al
    From what I've read on here, that usually means you copied a token or 2 incorrectly. It's happened when people accidentally left of some numbers. Double check everything.

Beamed down to the earthlings from my eVo
    Sent from my favorite gadget!
    You may want to ask GuyFromNam
    http://forums.precentral.net/2637585-post182.html

It's the battery tokens. You've probably missed the last few of them. Try again, you'll get it.
    I don't understand the purpose of the line, “I don't need to drink to have fun.” Great, no one does. But why start a fire with flint and sticks when they've invented the lighter?

Let's all give thanks to the app that started it all.
    http://forums.precentral.net/homebre...ebrew-app.html
    Make sure that you copied down the Battery Token exactly.
    Quote Originally Posted by morrison0880 View Post
    http://forums.precentral.net/2637585-post182.html

It's the battery tokens. You've probably missed the last few of them. Try again, you'll get it.
    Thanks! I knew there was a reason for it, but I've never done it and couldn't remember the details.

Beamed down to the earthlings from my eVo
    Sent from my favorite gadget!
    Global Posts
    17 Global Posts
    Awesome... thanks guys... I'll give it a shot again when I get home from work.
    Let us know when it works.
    I don't understand the purpose of the line, “I don't need to drink to have fun.” Great, no one does. But why start a fire with flint and sticks when they've invented the lighter?

Let's all give thanks to the app that started it all.
    http://forums.precentral.net/homebre...ebrew-app.html
    Global Posts
    17 Global Posts
    Ugh... I was hoping that was the issue, but I just compared both the BATToRSP and BATToCH and they match... could it be another token?

Update: Nope, just went through all the tokens and they all matched. Triple checked BATToRSP and BATToCH.
    Last edited by Cacphony; 02/21/2011 at 06:09 PM.
    How many digits do you have for the BATToRSP and BATToCH Tokens?
    Global Posts
    17 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by runtimmyc View Post
    How many digits do you have for the BATToRSP and BATToCH Tokens?
    Here's the exact lines from castle.xml

<Val name="BATToRSP" action="overwrite" value="1452C6A4A5B55CD93DF6DF7909DE116B372219"/>
    <Val name="BATToCH" action="overwrite" value="AD840392BD0A5114"/>

I'm rerunning the WebOSDoctor with the modified castle.xml right now just to try it...
    Global Posts
    17 Global Posts
    Ugh... now I think I really killed it. After rerunning WebOS Doctor I got "your phone is experiencing an error that cannot be resolved" at the activation wizard and it didn't have the signal meter or say "Sprint" in the upper left. So I ran the tool to skip activation and now I am in but still no signal meter and no "Sprint" in the upper left.

I ran the "Quick Tests" and it returned an error code of 1000 for the modem... Any ideas out there?
    AH HA! You are missing the last two digits in your BATToRSP Token. There should be 40 characters.
    Did you take apart your comms board from the main board and make sure its seated in properly. Take out the battery and look down at the space between the comms board and the main body and see if you can see any hints of golden pins sticking out. That's usually the culprit.

If you did the swap, you'd know that there were two main points of connection between the phone and the comms board. The longer connector (the rectangular one with more pins) is usually the culprit in these situations (if its not the tokens).

*update*: I've also noticed that I have 42 characters in my BATToRSP token... so you might want to triple check that.
    Global Posts
    17 Global Posts
    I'm pretty certain that the comm board is shot now. Not quite sure how it happened as I was using the phone all day and all I had done before it quit on me tonight is rerun WebOS Doctor.

The comm board looks like it's in securely and I've taken it back apart and reseated it.

I called Sprint and got my MSL number and tried to do a reset that way and I get a message "phone is off."

Not coming up with much on this in Google searches so I might just be SOL. :-(

Also after looking again, you are right, there are two more characters to the BATToRSP... They were off the screen! If I only I noticed that from the beginning I wouldn't even be in my current predicament! ugh!
    Last edited by Cacphony; 02/21/2011 at 09:45 PM.
    Global Posts
    17 Global Posts
    OK... think I verified it... The comm board is dead. I put it back in the Sprint Pre and same issues. Thanks for the help everybody, it is much appreciated. Wish I knew how I killed it...

So I'm guessing that I can't get the Pre Plus back on Verizon without the Verizon tokens which I never wrote down...
    You can always pick up a smashed screen Sprint Pre to retry...

That's how I built my Bell Pre Pluses, using bad ESN Verizon Pre Pluses and broken screen Bell Pres.

Especially now that they aren't 2.0 upgradeable, I'm sure you can score one for real cheap.
    Palm IIIc -> Sony CLIÉ T650C -> Sony TJ-37 -> Palm TX -> Palm Centro -> Palm Pre Bell -> Palm Pre Plus Bell/Verizon Hybrid -> HP Veer -> HP Pre 3 NA -> BlackBerry Classic -> BlackBerry Priv

It's a Late Goodbye, such a Late Goodbye.

Need OEM Palm Pre parts? See here
    hey I had this problem too. The comm board in the pre hooks up the battery somehow (you notice the prongs the battery connects to) and if you don't seat it right sometimes the battery will not charge or the phone will not turn on. I took the phone apart, reseated the comms board and tried again and it worked perfectly. But if it didn't work in the Sprint Pre that's probably a board issue. Of course you can find a cheap messed up Pre on ebay especially as mentioned with the broken screen