1.    #1  
    Hello all! So my beloved pre plus did something completely random last night. All of a sudden it said that I was no longer logged into my PALM account and asked if I still wanted to use the phone on the ATT network. When I confirmed that, then it said it was going to reboot. I figured that it had received some new network patch. But on reboot it completely had to rebuild my entire profile from my back up.

The big problem is now Preware is no longer on the phone and apparently neither are any of my patches. Is there any way to resurrect this entire mess? I would have thought the back up process would have handled it.

Please help!
  2.    #2  
    Quote Originally Posted by GuyFromNam View Post
    By the sound of it, you're not familiar with http://forums.precentral.net/webos-i...elopment.html?
    Not familiar and can't say it would help at this point. Since apparently it wasnt installed or available when I set it up originally. At this point what do I need to reinstall is the question of the day. Do I have to install Preware only or all of the other companents?
    That depends on whether you've saved your list of patches while using preware. I would start by re-loading preware and go from there.
    Sounds like your app catalog purchases came back?

You're right it's not much help now, but this article is helpful for knowing how to fully backup your phone.
  4.    #4  
    Quote Originally Posted by NickVTPre View Post
    That depends on whether you've saved your list of patches while using preware. I would start by re-loading preware and go from there.
    Sounds like your app catalog purchases came back?

You're right it's not much help now, but this article is helpful for knowing how to fully backup your phone.
    Thats the odd thing is that the catalog purchases did come back. Trying Preware and see where I get. Thanks!
    you will need to reinstall preware. If you have been using 'saved package list' and the save/restore app, you will be able to quickly recover once preware is installed.

the palm profile won't store homebrew stuff, only apps from the catalog, accounts, and such.

let us know when you have preware reinstalled!