1.    #1  
    Well, I put 2.0 on my pre plus and decided to take it off today. So I doctored it and I couldn't sign in to my palm profile because I wasn't connected to 3g. (my phone isn't acitvated) Then, I went to Palms site and used there bypass activation tool. Now i'm back at 1.4.1 and I'm not signed into my palm profile! I don't know how to get back up to 1.4.5 because the updates app isn't showing I have any updates. I just want to be back in my palm profile.
    There is a patch you need to apply that will put you into the process to sign in to your profile. I'll find a link shortly.

Also, you may have issues with your profile now that it has been migrated to 2.x
  3.    #3  
    Do I install it on whatever I'm on right now? Thats what I don't understand. And I didn't sign into my palm profile when I had 2.0, I made a completely new one.
    Here is the patch. I noticed in the write-up that I had to install it twice using WOS QuickInstall. That turned out to be the case. First time it didn't solve anything. The second time it worked. The phone restarts after each installation from QuickInstall:

http://forums.precentral.net/webos-p...ml#post2800116
    Instructions in that thread, but the basics are:

1. Use recovery mode and doctor phone to 1.4.5, but don't proceed with first-use after the phone restarts.

2. Run the bypass utility instead.

3. Put your phone in dev mode (webos20090606)

3. After that, get into dev mode and install the patch, twice.

That should do it.
  6.    #6  
    How would I install the patch if it would take me straight to the profile activation right after i doctor it?
    If you use your new profile, you won't have access to the apps you bought with the other profile, fyi.
    Quote Originally Posted by palml0ver View Post
    How would I install the patch if it would take me straight to the profile activation right after i doctor it?
    After running the bypass utility, your phone should restart and show the regular webOS environment. You won't be logged in to any profile at that point, so you will have no access to the catlog, updates, etc.

If that's all you want, you'd be fine at that point. But if you want to grab a twitter client, Pandora, etc, you need to use that patch so it will let you sign in to a profile.
  9.    #9  
    When I try to doctor it to 1.4.5 The next button isn't showing up when it says to connect my phone via usb. Im in recovery mode as well
  10.    #10  
    It's not letting me install the patch via webos quick install I keep getting an error message
  11.    #11  
    I got it solved. Instead of that patch I installed the one directly from webos quick install on the online repository called "show first use app" Ahhh such a relief
  12.    #12  
    all of my pictures, music, and videos are gone now.. is there any way to get them back? Is this normal?
    Not normal. Must have been because the USB partition is different for each version and it had to be recreated. Did you have it all backed up?
  14.    #14  
    On my computer or on my phone?
    Hopefully you copied everything from the USB partion over to your PC before doctoring...
    comp
    If you don't have the info backed up to your PC it's gone for good.
    Ex HP webOS Tech Support

5Ts: Five ways to get your webOS tablet working again: http://www.hpwebos.com/5Ts

6Ts: Six ways to get your webOS phone working again: http://www.hpwebos.com/6Ts
    Quote Originally Posted by HardBeatZ View Post
    If you don't have the info backed up to your PC it's gone for good.
    I would have given you a standing ovation, had you gone for the "We told you so!"