Global Posts
    799 Global Posts
    After activating a Pre replacement, there are a couple of issues that I'd like to clear up, if possible.

First, the lsdiff and GNU patches wouldn't load in Preware when "Restoring All" from the Saved Package List. I found in another thread to load them manually through webOS QI, and that let me complete the other reloads. I still would like to know why it happened, and if I should do some sort of repair of Preware or something so everything's "by the book" for next time.

Second, I notice that the email notification is (sometimes?) a single plain envelope icon notification when there's mail in both Google and Exchange accounts, rather than 2 separate notifications with the specific icon for each.

Any ideas or help?

TIA!
    No trees were killed in the sending of this message, but a large number of electrons were terribly inconvenienced
    Global Posts
    799 Global Posts
    So, I think I figured out the 1st email issue - I turned off "All Inboxes" under Smart folders. It seems to work now, but I'll be sure after more email traffic.

Still interested in any ideas about lsdiff and GNU patch.
    Quote Originally Posted by davidtm View Post
    After activating a Pre replacement, there are a couple of issues that I'd like to clear up, if possible.

First, the lsdiff and GNU patches wouldn't load in Preware when "Restoring All" from the Saved Package List. I found in another thread to load them manually through webOS QI, and that let me complete the other reloads. I still would like to know why it happened, and if I should do some sort of repair of Preware or something so everything's "by the book" for next time.

Second, I notice that the email notification is (sometimes?) a single plain envelope icon notification when there's mail in both Google and Exchange accounts, rather than 2 separate notifications with the specific icon for each.

Any ideas or help?

TIA!
    My guess is that you installed those patches a long time ago. Now they are automatically installed by any patch that needs them, so you should just ignore them.

I think the notification icon changes when there are notifications are from more than one email account, or maybe just if there is more than one unread email. I'm not sure which because I tend to get messages from gmail and pop3 accounts often enough that they are never isolated.

I think there are some patches that allow you to delete from te notification, and they may also change the appearance of the icon.
    Global Posts
    799 Global Posts
    Thanks, but many of my patches that depended on those would hang on the install until after I loaded them from webOS QI. As I said, I'm good now, just curious about how/why it happened and wanting to clean up the situation before I (hopefully!) transfer everything to my Sprint Pre 3.
    No trees were killed in the sending of this message, but a large number of electrons were terribly inconvenienced