Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast
    Global Posts
    401 Global Posts
    I'm no developer, but I am unsure if there are any significant kernel differences between Verizon's 2.x and this leaked Doctor. The big trick being, the Pre 2 uses different hardware, so the kernel would likely differ, I would imagine. If there's no source, the smarties of the community can pick it apart.

Any devs want to peer into this dreaded thread and shed some light on the subject?

On a positive note, closing all cards allows for choppy, yet watchable streaming flash video from Megavideo on Pre-! Hooray for streaming \o/ http://img23.imageshack.us/img23/844/megavideoe.jpg
    So with the GSM Pre Plus getting 2.x, what's the reason why does HP show no love to the aged old Sprint users with their original beta hardware? Maybe at the very least it can give them a better kernel to work with compared to the Pre 2.
    Pixi: Sold. Pre: Passed off to another rep. Touchpad: Just a toy until Cloud syncing arrives, and a better doc editor.
    Global Posts
    401 Global Posts
    OK! This thread about leaked 2.0.1 is pretty much defunct now that you can legally meta doctor to 2.1

2.0.1 runs about three to four times slower than the official 2.1 release.

If you are looking to install 2.1 on your Sprint Pre, check out this thread:

http://forums.precentral.net/showthread.php?p=2883778

I will be looking into using the WebOS 2.0.1 "Sprint Navigation" and "Sprint TV" applications on 2.1, but I will have to do this after work and post my findings later!
    Global Posts
    102 Global Posts
    Does any of your guys' pre randomly restart when you try to relocate launcher pages. As soon as I try my pre freezes and restarts. :/ I don't know how to fix that. I'm on 2.1 btw.
    Quote Originally Posted by Kuffo View Post
    Does any of your guys' pre randomly restart when you try to relocate launcher pages. As soon as I try my pre freezes and restarts. :/ I don't know how to fix that. I'm on 2.1 btw.
    yes. This is a known problem on the leaked build.. I went back to 1.4.5 for various reasons. I would recommend trying the official meta-doctor method posted above... I might be trying it myself soon :P
    Global Posts
    102 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by ryudo423 View Post
    yes. This is a known problem on the leaked build.. I went back to 1.4.5 for various reasons. I would recommend trying the official meta-doctor method posted above... I might be trying it myself soon :P
    I dont really know how to do all that linux stuff. Do I need to to be in 1.4.5 again?
    "Don't think, feel." - Bruce Lee
    Global Posts
    401 Global Posts
    Hey guys!

I got Sprint TV to work from the leaked 2.0.1 ipk's

Not sure if that's unusual or not.

- Kuffo: If you want to use your legitimate Palm Profile with paid Apps on Legal Metadoctor 2.1, you have to go back to 1.4.5, turn backups off and delete remote backups, and then use the custom metadoctor .jar file you created in this thread

You can use Cygwin and run a script and it does everything for you, then you just use the .jar. I used a virtual machine of mine to just do it in Linux natively, but I've heard reports of Cygwin being ok as well.
    Global Posts
    401 Global Posts
    Sorry for the bump, but has anyone got Sprint Navigation working on a meta-doctored 2.1.0?

Both the 1.4.5 and the 2.0.1 ipk's complain about dependencies failing to meet, and promptly fail to install with WebOS Quick Install
    Global Posts
    100 Global Posts
    Would love to hear if anyone has succeeded at this. I tried earlier with no success. Will play around with it some more tomorrow. This is the only thing I miss from 1.4.5.

Quote Originally Posted by Kujila View Post
    Sorry for the bump, but has anyone got Sprint Navigation working on a meta-doctored 2.1.0?

Both the 1.4.5 and the 2.0.1 ipk's complain about dependencies failing to meet, and promptly fail to install with WebOS Quick Install

-- Sent from my Palm Pre using Forums
    Global Posts
    401 Global Posts
    If we can figure out exactly what Sprint Nav's dependencies are, we might be able to snatch them up and get it running on 2.1. Just an uneducated theory, I might add
    Not advocating this at all, but hypothetically, if one had the sprint.tar from a 2.x build, then they could rename it to wr-castle-plus.tar and replace the file in the meta-doctored.jar file with that.

This may or may not also add "Update Network Settings" and "Update PRL" to the phone app's preferences, like on a regular Sprint Pre, though nobody has gotten PRL updating to work on 2.x.
    Global Posts
    100 Global Posts
    This worked. With the exception of killing voice dialing. I ended up just putting the ipk files from navigation and tv into the wr-castle-plus.tar and navagation, tv, and Voice dialing work! Thanks.

Quote Originally Posted by jhoff80 View Post
    Not advocating this at all, but hypothetically, if one had the sprint.tar from a 2.x build, then they could rename it to wr-castle-plus.tar and replace the file in the meta-doctored.jar file with that.

This may or may not also add "Update Network Settings" and "Update PRL" to the phone app's preferences, like on a regular Sprint Pre, though nobody has gotten PRL updating to work on 2.x.

-- Sent from my Palm Pre using Forums
    Global Posts
    401 Global Posts
    Oy, I don't want to spend another 8 hours working on restoring the phone. I suppose there's not really a method to do this post-doctor?

Sprint TV works fine, but the ipk's for Nav whine about dependencies
  14. R_E
    Global Posts
    343 Global Posts
    i believe u must install those ipks using ipkg-install through terminal or ssh. might also need to mount filesystem
    Global Posts
    401 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by R_E View Post
    i believe u must install those ipks using ipkg-install through terminal or ssh. might also need to mount filesystem
    I tried as you said, and I recovered a log of the dependencies it wants.

Any of these look familiar to you? I'm no linux expert. I'm also not sure what exactly I need to install to fufill such dependencies

I assume since I didn't alter my meta doctor, the libraries installed from the meta'd 2.1 doc are lacking in some libraries that Sprint's doctor required.
    Attached Images Attached Images
  16. R_E
    Global Posts
    343 Global Posts
    you could try -force-depends as descrbed here:Ipkg (tutorial) - DD-WRT Wiki
    I tried as you said, and I recovered a log of the dependencies it wants.

Any of these look familiar to you? I'm no linux expert. I'm also not sure what exactly I need to install to fufill such dependencies

I assume since I didn't alter my meta doctor, the libraries installed from the meta'd 2.1 doc are lacking in some libraries that Sprint's doctor required.
    Hey, any luck?

I am attempting to get sprint nav onto my pre- and could use any advice

My plan is to use the 2.0.1 sprint nav .ipk and insert it into the wr-castle-plus file in the webosdoctor101ueude-wr.jar that rod is using in his script to make a 2.1.0 doctor. Then i will try doctoring my phone with that and see what happens..
    Last edited by wesleymarin; 02/27/2011 at 03:40 AM.
    Global Posts
    401 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by R_E View Post
    you could try -force-depends as descrbed here:Ipkg (tutorial) - DD-WRT Wiki
    It works!

I used ipk from leaked 2.0.1 doctor and it works when you -force-depends as root
    It works!

I used ipk from leaked 2.0.1 doctor and it works when you -force-depends as root
    I get "Permission denied" when I try that in Novacom and sudo is "not found"

Any ideas?

I'm using the line:
    Code:
    ipkg /media/internal -force-depends install com.program.program_numbers_arm.ipk
    Is that the right usage?
    Last edited by deesugar; 02/27/2011 at 03:06 PM.
    Global Posts
    401 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by deesugar View Post
    I get "Permission denied" when I try that in Novacom and sudo is "not found"

Any ideas?

I'm using the line:
    Code:
    ipkg /media/internal -force-depends install com.program.program_numbers_arm.ipk
    Is that the right usage?
    Don't use sudo, try this

Code:
    ipkg install /media/internal/com.program.program_numbers_arm.ipk -force-depends
    or

Code:
    ipkg -force-depends install /media/internal/com.program.program_numbers_arm.ipk
Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast