Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast
    Global Posts
    401 Global Posts
    Terminal / Terminus don't work for me on 2.0.1 - Is this for everyone or just me?

[EDIT]

Oh man, there's no App Catalog for me either. I see it in "Just Type" but it doesn't launch :P haha
    I have 2.0 installed on my pre plus, and i know that you wont be able to access the app catalog but even through preware whenever i try to download something it brings me to the app catalog and it wont load.. anyone know whats wrong?
    I feel like this thread needs to be closed down. I feel like it I'd treading a very fine line...

-- Sent from my Palm Pre using Forums

My Themes:CLICK HERE
    Global Posts
    401 Global Posts
    I have found to make speed "usable" you've got to run (Govnah) at 600 mhz, and I have JSTop run in a Stack with it to auto garbage-dump to keep things fast.

I found that the system would slow down after prolong use, or loading memory-intensive applications like 3D Games, or Flash Video. In order to make speed "usable" I have to run (Govnah) at 600 mhz, and I have JSTop run in the back of a Stack to auto garbage-dump to keep things fast.

Before I do something like load Need for Speed, I manually go to JSTop and Garbage Dump, lest a long load time or system slugfest.

I guess I have been EXTREMELY spoiled by the custom kernels of 1.4.5!

Still no Terminal access for me. It crashes for me, a lot - which is both expected and currently tolerated.
    Global Posts
    54 Global Posts
    I have a video made up of 2.0.1 on a sprint pre vs sprint pre 1.4.5 overclocked to 1.1ghz...is it ok to post a link to this video for people or is that against the rules?
    Global Posts
    401 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by dmband64 View Post
    I have a video made up of 2.0.1 on a sprint pre vs sprint pre 1.4.5 overclocked to 1.1ghz...is it ok to post a link to this video for people or is that against the rules?
    I am not forum staff so I can't tell you what their expectations are, but what I would do would be disable comments on the youtube video that you link.

That way, you could display the video without the chance of inadvertently breaking the forum rules.
    Global Posts
    401 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by tooearly View Post
    Who cares really, 2.0 is out in north america and a slew of other places, there's no way it can be NDA or illegal to talk about. Just say you have a VZW Pre 2.
    The only concern for the user was that Precentral staff doesn't allow linking to the leaked webOS Doctor, so if his video ended up having a link to the software, this thread could be closed/his account given infractions. I think that is more than likely the reason for his inquiry prior to posting the video.
    Global Posts
    54 Global Posts
    That was my concern...but I am not going to be linking to any download locations so here is the video and hopefully nobody gets peeved.

Point being to see how it runs on a sprint pre being as they are saying the hardware is not up to snuff...it seems to be running pretty well for me...some slow downs but app downloads works fine and everything else seems to be pretty cool so far. I really wish they would release a real version of this cuz it seems to run way smoother than 1.4.5 stock...overclocked it would be awesome. Anyway here is the video...

Last edited by dmband64; 02/20/2011 at 08:29 PM.
    Just want to know does the Ubercalender patch works on this leaked version?
    Global Posts
    401 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by orckiller View Post
    Just want to know does the Ubercalender patch works on this leaked version?
    Very few patches show up automatically in Preware. You could possible attempt to manually apply patches with WebOS Quick Install, but since the original patch is likely for 1.4.x, I don't have too much faith it will work

Point being to see how it runs on a sprint pre being as they are saying the hardware is not up to snuff...it seems to be running pretty well for me...some slow downs but app downloads works fine and everything else seems to be pretty cool so far. I really wish they would release a real version of this cuz it seems to run way smoother than 1.4.5 stock...overclocked it would be awesome. Anyway here is the video...
    Thanks for putting up the video! This will help a lot of people!

I was just preparing some photos for this thread, but your video does a much better job of illustrating 2.0.1 on the Sprint Pre

Pics:

Home screen with stacks: http://img30.imageshack.us/img30/4639/4over.jpg
    Really boring Exhibition mode: http://img841.imageshack.us/img841/7457/3exg.jpg
    QuickOffice and Sprint Music Plus in Launcher: http://img821.imageshack.us/img821/4165/2extras.jpg
    Flash cartoon: http://img694.imageshack.us/img694/8198/1flash.jpg

Flash runs extremely bad and causes system instability for my device. If I close all cards and do a JSTop Garbage Dump prior to the attempt, sometimes I can get better frame-rates. Flash seems to be a bit taxing on the Pre-
    Global Posts
    54 Global Posts
    Yeah flash definitely bogged mine down a bit also...but other than that it seems to be running pretty well...the video is on an extra pre I have and I am thinking about putting this on my primary phone because of some of the cool new features...but then I also lose all of my homebrew hackery and overclocking which would suck! I am so used to my patches and stuff.
    Global Posts
    401 Global Posts
    The memory management is bad again. I am so spoiled by compcache! If there was a custom kernel supporting compcache, and additional overclocking options (1ghz), this release would be usable.

Any devs I can bribe? *waves dollar bills*
    Global Posts
    36 Global Posts
    I had 2.0.1 installed for about 2 weeks on my Sprint Pre. I finally reverted back to 1.4.5 yesterday. I love the overall feel of 2.0 and it is definitely an improvement especially having exhibition to turn the screen off while on the touchstone with ease. But I could no longer stand the lack of overclocking. Even at 600mhz and logging set to minimal, the phone seemed to progressively get slower and have more freeze ups. If overclocking kernels existed, I would definitely redoctor to 2.0, but since that will probably never happen, I dont see myself going back to 2.0. Many apps didnt work with 2.0 in particular useful things like the LED Torch app. And I missed many of the patches I had previously on 1.4.5. In my case, I just couldnt justify keeping 2.0. I am now happily back at 1ghz on 1.4.5. Good luck to those with 2.0.1 though.
    ok, I'm on vacation n Florida (just visiting my Mom).

Are you guys saying its possible now to install WebOS version 2.01 on a Sprint Pre - (minus, the original)?

I of course have been here from the beginning and know how to carefully use WebOS Doctor.

So can it be done and can it be done now?

If so, I'll book my ticket and get on the plane and get this sad old puppy updated! Just until I can finally purchase something from HP!
    Global Posts
    401 Global Posts
    rlanza it's using a leaked webos doctor that you can't ask for on the forum. Asking for the leaked files will result in this thread being closed, and possible action being taken against your forum account

If you are able to find the leaked doctor, it will flash onto your Pre-, yes, although it will work poorly. Also, be sure to use a new Palm Profile, as using your 1.4.5 profile will currently screw it up for future use.

I'm hoping that can be remedied soon (link won't work for some reason! copy n' paste!)
    Last edited by Kujila; 02/21/2011 at 07:56 AM. Reason: hyperlink bork!
    why does no one talk about the really bad battery life?
    For those of you who DO have access... just want to know if a Bell doctor exist? I don't want it, but I just want to know if Palm bothered compiling one.
    Palm IIIc -> Sony CLIÉ T650C -> Sony TJ-37 -> Palm TX -> Palm Centro -> Palm Pre Bell -> Palm Pre Plus Bell/Verizon Hybrid -> HP Veer -> HP Pre 3 NA -> BlackBerry Classic -> BlackBerry Priv

It's a Late Goodbye, such a Late Goodbye.

Need OEM Palm Pre parts? See here
    Global Posts
    401 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by sirtronics View Post
    why does no one talk about the really bad battery life?
    Today was my first day out in the field running 2.0.1, and yeah, I did notice the drain was quite absurd! Even compared to 1.4.5 running at 1.0 GHZ!

I use a Sedio extended life battery, and have ample chargers nearby, but it was still surprising to see battery life drop by 3% - 6% every few minutes :P
    Global Posts
    54 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Kujila View Post
    The memory management is bad again. I am so spoiled by compcache! If there was a custom kernel supporting compcache, and additional overclocking options (1ghz), this release would be usable.

Yeah I agree here. It seems to be fairly smooth most of the time and then every once in a while it gets so bogged down it takes like 30 seconds to recover and start moving again...if this just had a quality kernel like you said with compcache and at least 800mhz like the f102, it would be so much smoother and more managageable. Maybe this is why Palm/HP is hesitating so much when it comes to releasing it for the Pre Minus. Just not enough memory to handle the background stuff? It's a real bummer at this point cuz WebOS 2.x is pretty sweet. Can't wait to get my hands on a Pre 2 at the very least to play with.
    Quote Originally Posted by Kujila View Post

+ 1 more $$$ bills over here if you have the know how to do it
Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast