1.    #1  
    I keep getting this message when I want to launch an app, any app. I have no cards open and I get the message even when I try to get to the app launcher to delete unnecessary apps. What must I do to rid my device of this annoying, repetitive, message. Again i have no cards open and I have added any new apps for months. This just started happening a week or so ago. I love this phone and I don't want to buy another device named after a piece of fruit. Thanks.
    Last edited by Deadman8; 02/18/2011 at 08:31 PM.
    It's a known glitch. Using a kernel or jstop + auto GC fixes it.

-- Sent from my Palm Pre using Forums
    Conne>< Coding

Remember!!
    *In Rod we trust.*

Yes, my user name says kid. Also, yes I'm 21. It's a long story.

Devices: Touchpad, 32 GB
    Retired my pre for an Epic 4G Touch, Miss it dearly howerver.

3.    #3  
    Using a kernel or jstop + auto GC fixes it. I am not as technical as you. What does that mean? I formally relinquish my previous title of leader of the free world. Can you throw a former despot a bone here?
    Last edited by Deadman8; 02/18/2011 at 08:44 PM.
    Have you installed Preware on your phone? ... Application:Preware - WebOS Internals

If you have preware installed, Uberkernel and JStop can help...
    http://forums.precentral.net/webos-i...er-kernel.html
    http://forums.precentral.net/homebre...121-jstop.html
    Quote Originally Posted by Deadman8 View Post
    I keep getting this message when I want to launch an app, any app. I have no cards open and I get the message even when I try to get to the app launcher to delete unnecessary apps. What must I do to rid my device of this annoying, repetitive, message. Again i have no cards open and I have added any new apps for months. This just started happening a week or so ago. I love this phone and I don't want to buy another device named after a piece of fruit. Thanks.
    Usually a restart of the phone provides instant (but temporary) relief.

For longer lasting relief, I also rec using Preware to install Govnah & UberKernel. Even with this, my Sprint Pre still gets that error once in a while, but much less often.

My frustration w/HP best characterized by Col George Taylor.
    I would use uberkernel and govnah and have it set at the uberkernel speed would help. Other than that restarting your phone once in a while helps. I recommend preset reset.

My Themes:CLICK HERE
    As a relative newcomer I can confirm that this really does transform the basic Pre device, so much so I sold my iPhone 4 as the Pre was more responsive switching between tasks and I love the notifications feature.

Try it, its easy to put back afterwards if you feel the need to do so.

John
    Last edited by sammoj; 02/20/2011 at 03:18 PM.
    A previously launched app still has a stranglehold on your available "virtual memory." Restart your device to relinquish the memory and be able to launch the app.
    Ex HP webOS Tech Support

5Ts: Five ways to get your webOS tablet working again: http://www.hpwebos.com/5Ts

6Ts: Six ways to get your webOS phone working again: http://www.hpwebos.com/6Ts

Are you overclocking with UberKernel/Govnah? Sprint users report that makes TMC errors a thing of the past.
    Quote Originally Posted by Cantaffordit View Post
    Are you overclocking with UberKernel/Govnah? Sprint users report that makes TMC errors a thing of the past.
    Yeah, if you do that, they rarely happen.

Beamed down to the earthlings from my eVo
    Sent from my favorite gadget!
    Seriously. Install jstop, uberkernel & govnah and you will most likely NEVER see that TMC error again. Enable 'Auto GC' in JSTop.

It's a major bug for the Pre and Palm never bothered to fix it and it seems that HP doesn't seem to care either. Fortunately, the gurus over at webOS-Internals care!

Mine-Sprint Samsung Galaxy Nexus 4G/LTE
    Sprint Pre, 1.4.5 overclocked with F102A Delta Dagger - retired 12-18-11
    Wife's- Sprint LG Viper 4G/LTE
    R.I.P. - My Launch day Pre - 06-06-09--04-18-11

Never trust a computer (or phone) named after a fruit.
    Aggravating, working on installing all that stuff now.
    Quote Originally Posted by cxt9597 View Post
    Aggravating, working on installing all that stuff now.
    Trust me you'll love it. It's the biggest enhancement to your phone.
    Quote Originally Posted by rwhitby View Post
    We always prefer that people donate in response to tangible items they can use today, rather than for intangible promises about the future that may or may not be possible to achieve.