1.    #1  
    Ok I have a rather interesting problem here. I plugged my phone in one night as I always do to charge overnight and in the morning I noticed it was not on. So I tried powering it on and nothing happened, so i unplugged it and plugged it back in and it gave me the charge screen. I though maybe it lost power in the middle of the night and simply lost its charge. Well normally it takes about 5 - 10 minutes for the phone to charge enough so it can boot. Well it never boots, it stays at the charge screen. If I leave it on the charge for about 45 min the screen will go black and nothing happens, I have to unplug and plug it back in and it comes right back to the charge screen. I went to att and they gave me a replacement battery and it is still doing the same thing. Another guy in the store had the same phone and he let me try his fully charged battery in mine and i put it in and it started to boot up the palm and then within 1 min it went back to the charge screen.

Can anyone tell me what the heck is going on with my phone and an easy way to fix it? It has worked flawlessly until this happened..

Any help would be greatly appreciated.

Oh and BTW Palm Tech Support was ZERO Help!
    did you try doctoring it?
  3.    #3  
    Yes. When the phone is plugged into the computer it is seen as an unknown device OMAP3430 I believe it was. Phone cannot be recognized since it cannot get into Recovery mode or into the OS. Plus when the phone is plugged directly into the computer the battery Icon goes from Charge to Unknown
    did you try reinstalling novacom?
  5.    #5  
    I am not familiar with Novacom. How do I go about getting it and go about getting the phone to be seen by the computer?
    umm try unplugging battery and replacing with out starting then while holding the volume up button plug in usb making sure the cable is plugged into the computer already

what windows version are ypu using?
    ĦṔ-Ḷṫ-Ŧḯη
    Here is a direct link to webOS Doc for all carriers
    http://www.webos-internals.org/wiki/...octor_Versions
    P.S. if i have helped you and you are thankful please hit the thanks button to the right---->
    if you have quickinstall on your computer reinstall novacom one of it's features.
    open webOS quickinstall and right click on file then hit reinstall novacom
    ĦṔ-Ḷṫ-Ŧḯη
    P.S. if i have helped you and you are thankful please hit the thanks button to the right---->
    Global Posts
    401 Global Posts
    If Shadvis08's and geeksquadkids' suggestions don't help, it could possibly be a hardware problem. Like the other guys said, you really need to see if it is software-related first, but if this problem appeared by itself and "out of the blue" and a known-good battery isn't working, it could definitely be a problem with the phone itself.
  10.    #10  
    I am running Windows 7. The volume up and everything doesnt work. I have allready tried that. The phone will not do anything except stay in Charge mode. Its rather frustrating
    Global Posts
    401 Global Posts
    Like GuyFromNam says, do you have any sort of warranty on the phone with your service provider?
  12.    #12  
    well i have installed novacom and it is still seeing my phone as in unknown device. I think this phone is FUBAR
  13.    #13  
    No I dont. But thanks for your help.
    did you enable dev mode already ??
    ĦṔ-Ḷṫ-Ŧḯη
    Global Posts
    156 Global Posts
    is it an older device? Sounds almost like the battery is bad. Previous advise about trying another battery would be something to try also.