Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    Global Posts
    518 Global Posts
    I said it before and I will say it again... modernized Treo 755, slightly slimmer with WebOs= = WIN!

HP make it happen!! :-D
    Ħ╬čųβΔ
    Sent from my HTC Evo 4G
    ^Isn't that the Pixi?
    800w has wifi and GPS, but it's Windows Mobil 6.1. I prefer Palm OS myself. Centro has location ability so you can know where you are on Google maps. I'm not sure how full featured that is though.

You can use Opera on the 800w and it works nicely. Blazer on the Centro works, but will look more dated IMHO. It works best with mobile sites, but it does work.

700p and 755p are virtually indestructible and the batteries last forever. When you pull it out of your pocket people will look at you strangely. But they get the job done.

If you're a heavy Facebook user, stay with the Pre.

These are all just my opinions. Good luck to you.
    Global Posts
    102 Global Posts
    Yeah, I'm a singletasker and I like the wide variety of apps for stuff to get done like word and power point for college on the 800 but it seems that the 755 or 700 is the way to go. Is windows mobile that much worse than palm os on the treo?
    I have a used 650 for verizon up for sale.... it doesn't look great but it works.
    Global Posts
    102 Global Posts
    I'm with sprint. I should of made that said that earlier
    Global Posts
    401 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by jemojc View Post
    I have a used 650 for verizon up for sale.... it doesn't look great but it works.
    Yeah I have an old 650 for VZW too. It's a bit big, but a definite winner in my book. It's like a Centro with a bigger screen!
    I honestly like WM.
    It's my first 'Multi-Tasking' phone.
    I'm with Att, so I am able to Browse while on the phone.
    hp/palm should take note. So much love for the palm experience they are willing to back in time to stay and support palm!! Well at least if you do go to the treo you won't have to wait till the "coming months" for the possibility of up grading! You can up grade to a centro, a pre, a pixi, then back to a treo, maybe start with the 600, that will give you lots of options for upgrading! Just kidding, if I had an extra pre minus I would just give it to you!! Lol good luck
    What does this button do?

crappy phones -->treo 600--> 700p--> 755p--> Pre--->Pre- 2.1 F104-----Franken Pre+ 2.1 f105 ---> Franken pre2 2.2.4
    touchpad 16gig uberkernel woop woop!!!
    Quote Originally Posted by deesugar View Post
    Say hello to more time with your friends and family as you try to use the web browser on the Treo. If you're able to open a page at all, it will take a very long time. Say goodbye to pinch to zoom and hello to a smaller, lower resolution screen.

Crash lately? You may experience more crashes with the PalmOS but the good thing is it will boot up a bit quicker then the Pre.

Remember that annoying friend that would always bug you but you needed him to get important things done? Say hello to HotSync! You will feel the burn of HotSync as you try to muscle (very slowly mind you) through all the error messages. Cross your fingers that you don't get a crash after all that new data you just entered. Because if you haven't HotSynced, it will be forever gone.

The search feature in PalmOS is the only thing I can say I wish WebOS had, it is great.

I would not wish the Windows version Treo on my worst enemy. Don't believe me? I double dog dare you to get one!

Enjoy!
    What did you have?
    Treos rarely crash, and my spouse used the internet all the time, but we have great sprint coverage. It's a nice solid phone.
    Yes, it's a nice solid phone.
    The crashes were when people loaded up a bunch of crap apps.
    One reason I agree with Apple only allowing approved apps.
    People hack their phones, load up a bunch of junk apps, and then call and complain to Palm.
    What was Palm's first suggestion to resolve the issue? Hard Reset.
    -Go figure.
    Quote Originally Posted by Kuffo View Post
    I'm with sprint. I should of made that said that earlier
    ahh, I have a very nice condition one for sprint. good esn and can keep some of the loaded apps. has nes emu on it too. I have had the 650 for sprint for so long, I am kind of attached to it.
    Global Posts
    102 Global Posts
    I love palm so I don't wanna switch to other platforms. I'd rather use a palm treo than get a blackberry or android. But thank you all for the input. I might get te 800w or the 700p I like the antenna stickin out haha
    If your looking for that treo form factor but still want palm then I recommend the pixi.
    Global Posts
    102 Global Posts
    I like the pixi, and webOS is amazing but I think it's a bit underpowered for webOS as it can be a bit frustrating when it lags well at least the sprint ones. Don't know about the pixi plus.
    Is windows mobile that much worse than palm os on the treo?
    Yes. If you're used to Palm-whatever, it will be a trying experience for you. Let's put it this way--when I switched to WinMo 6.1 from the 755p, I actually had to start carrying a notepad to keep track of my lists, notes, tasks, etc. It was faster to just pull out a pen and paper than trying to use the phone. It didn't take long for me to go running back to Palm.

You'll pull your hair out just trying to get simple settings to stick. Don't waste your time.
    My Centro was so perfect for me I replaced it about 3 times for ebay models. But the backlights kept going out on me so i gave up since I like to text and the lack of the backlight was a deal breaker in time.

I did not like Windows at all, I had the 800, it was just too many steps in using to my liking. Tried the 755 and liked it until I was setting up the Pre for my daughter for a Xmas present and I was hooked on its abilities.

I had owned the Pixi, and for some reason I just didn't like it although it is similar to the Pre (aside from the - slideout feature), I had problems with the opening when calls came in and they would go to VM. The Pre was just smoother to me.
    "Everyday is a Gift, A Blessing, An Opportunity!" - GM

Phone history: Treo 600, Treo 650, Treo Centro, Pixi, Centro again, 800w, Treo 755p, Palm Pre
    I like the pixi, and webOS is amazing but I think it's a bit underpowered for webOS as it can be a bit frustrating when it lags well at least the sprint ones. Don't know about the pixi plus.
    pixi plus has the same specs except it also has wifi.
    Still have my Treo 700P. Can still use it for GPS with a card, even without cell service. Also, the calendar is much better on it than on the Pre. The keyboard is even more tactile than on the Pre. The Pres keyboard drives me crazy because it is so small. Moving on up to Samsung Epic in May for this reason.
    Mary
    Palm Pre (her)
    Palm Pre (his)
    I have Sprint and proud of it!
    Global Posts
    53 Global Posts
    When palm was the underdog I was willing to wait and did..HP IS NO UNDERDOG AND WE'RE STILL WAITING

ok so I hit ebay yesterday and ordered a new Treo 680. I said if HP/Palm didn't knock my socks off on the 9th I was going back. Well I'll say they only knocked one sock off. I waited a year for call recording and there is no sign of it "in the coming months".

I believed in the palm os..it just worked! I am still a webOS fan and will miss SNERGY, as for universal search- "Genius" by Hobbyist software (my favorite palm os apps) always did that on the Treo.

I'm all for moving forward with technology but only if it still meets my needs. I don't want to change my needs to fit my phone. My Treo was my lifeline besides having all my important information at hand, either one the phone or stored on memory card, if I lost my cable remote-no problem I could use my Treo, lost Internet at home-no problem I could use my Treo's DUN, easy "selective" back up and restore process, flexibility of a memory card (if someone took a picture with their digital camera I wanted a copy of, I could just take the camera's memory card and load the picture on my Treo). I didn't have to worry about cheap plastic hardware-my 650 looks brand new, even after a swim in the ocean and burried in the sand. My 680 was dropped more times that I can count and didn't have a scratch before I lost it. There is so much more we lost.

As much a I love webOS, it's not there yet and in a few days I'm taking back my life. I will be first in line for a Touch Pad and switch back to Pre when there is a call record app.
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12