Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
  1.    #1  
    sorry if this has been gone over or not but to be honest its a pain to kinda go through and search for something, either way I need help, I doctored my sprint pre to 2.0.1 definitely a welcomed change but definitely nothing worthy of a 2.0 moniker, either way I can not stand how slow it is, the lack of patches, which I can deal with, but its just sooooo, slow even with the gpu enabled, anyway, I am trying to doctor back down to 1.4.5 and everytime I attempt to doctor it, it tells me "your device cannot be reset" and after numerous attempts does the same thing, so right now I am at a loss, and would like some advise or any help would be appreciated
    I had the same problem. Make sure developer mode is on. It took doctoring it to 2.0.1 twice. Repair utility, 2.0.1, older doctor, 1.4.5 before it worked. Then apps wouldn't download and I had to do it again. Three more times. It's not ment to be doctored back from. Hopefully you didn't use your profile on it. If you did it's gone unless you stay on 2.0.1

-- Sent from my Palm Pre using Forums
    Conne>< Coding

Remember!!
    *In Rod we trust.*

Yes, my user name says kid. Also, yes I'm 21. It's a long story.

Devices: Touchpad, 32 GB
    Retired my pre for an Epic 4G Touch, Miss it dearly howerver.

3.    #3  
    i've tried numerous times and dangerously always keep developer mode on, don't recall why it was dangerous, but didn't think of attempting to use the repair utility, to be honest didn't think it'd be utilized for 2.0.1 yet, shows how much I know, but no I didn't use my original profile, i'd seen previously it didn't work back and forth so I made sure to be careful, but thanks for the info
    Global Posts
    401 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by geeksquadkid View Post
    I had the same problem. Make sure developer mode is on. It took doctoring it to 2.0.1 twice. Repair utility, 2.0.1, older doctor, 1.4.5 before it worked. Then apps wouldn't download and I had to do it again. Three more times. It's not ment to be doctored back from. Hopefully you didn't use your profile on it. If you did it's gone unless you stay on 2.0.1

-- Sent from my Palm Pre using Forums
    This stinks

Why is it so hard to get 2.0.1 off? I assumed a clean "wipe" would completely format the unit and put its software back.

Is there some sort of lower-level flashing taking place that can permanently damage the phone's ROM?

I assumed a WebOS OS swap would be equivalent to a re-installation of an OS on a PC, but it sounds much more insidious than that from what you're saying.
    Make sure to put your device into recovery mode before running the doctor. It works!
  6.    #6  
    still working on it myself, put it in recovery mode a couple times last night, but gave up, i'll try with the repair utility now that I know, but to be honest I'm definitely not upset about getting 2.0 granted its only a beta, but without my pre being oc'd its close to useless, old school wm users would think its blazing, which it compared to my 800w, not so much on my treo pro, but I digress
    Global Posts
    401 Global Posts
    Does the 2.0.1 image clock the processor to 600 mhz by default?
    Quote Originally Posted by Kujila View Post
    This stinks

Why is it so hard to get 2.0.1 off? I assumed a clean "wipe" would completely format the unit and put its software back.

Is there some sort of lower-level flashing taking place that can permanently damage the phone's ROM?

I assumed a WebOS OS swap would be equivalent to a re-installation of an OS on a PC, but it sounds much more insidious than that from what you're saying.
    I believe it's because it's not an official doctor. It want ment to be installed for everyday use. It's like using a pirated version of windows, there are side effects if it's not the 100 pct real thing.
    Conne>< Coding

Remember!!
    *In Rod we trust.*

Quote Originally Posted by Kujila View Post
    Does the 2.0.1 image clock the processor to 600 mhz by default?
    no.
    Conne>< Coding

Remember!!
    *In Rod we trust.*

yup... all the ROMS for pre / plus are 'unofficial'. Pirated goods. It's not good to use unsanctioned software, and pre-central devs will not develop the overclocking software for pres running webos 2.0 until Hp/palm releases this upgrade fork officially (upcoming in the next few months)

Hope it's clear.
    Global Posts
    401 Global Posts
    Yeah, it really seems the non-official leak of 2.0.1 is really not worth it. I may fiddle with it after work, mainly so I can actually see STACKS! I don't think it is feasible to replace my tricked-out 1.4.5 install, though
    Hey, i had this issue, then i went to palm's website to get webOS doctor, and it worked (in contrast to using the one that came with quickinstall). I was in developer mode, but i dont know if that did anything. And yeah, maybe I got lucky but give it a try
    Go to https://ps.palmws.com/palmcsext/console/ and check your profile info.
    You'll get a nice surprise.

This was discussed by the people who legally had access to the Doctor. You need to talk to Palm about the numbers (and I'd love to hear what they'll tell you once you say you're not on the early access program).

Just remember: If I helped you, press the thanks button!

Owner of: Pre Sprint, Pre Telcel, Pre Plus AT&T, Pre 2 Unlocked, Pixi Plus AT&T, and 2 TouchPads (my Pre3 was stolen so it won't appear again here).
    Needs: Veer (anyone?)
    Apps: Subnet Calculator, FreeCam, PhotoFun, NuttyPad (work in progress)
    HomeBrew: meta-doctor and Messaging Plugins collaborator
    Twitter: @cesarneg
    Quote Originally Posted by NuttyBunny View Post

This was discussed by the people who legally had access to the Doctor. You need to talk to Palm about the numbers (and I'd love to hear what they'll tell you once you say you're not on the early access program).

That's why I've been trying to warn people about using those Doctors.

I'm curious what Palm would say too! haha

Sent from my HTC HD2
    Want to keep up with my exciting new projects? You know where to find me.
  15.    #15  
    was finally able to get back down to 1.4.5 and it's oc'd goodness, but yeah it was a bit of a pain to get it back, thanks to "geeksquadkid" for suggesting using webos repair utility it did the trick, frickin' right away ! Took me a while to get my phone to where it was but yeah the 2.0 rom is definitely a hassle, as much I enjoyed it, it was just so damn slow and buggy, stacks was useful, quick actions was nice, I really liked exhibition mode, text assist was ok, kinda intrusive, just type/ universal search great as usual, for me anyway, it was so buggy as soon as had it loaded I immediately regretted doing so, luckily I had the sense not to use my original profile, the only that helped was govnah, which can be used in exhibition mode by the way which was great even if it didn't show the temp., so it'd clock it to 600 instead of 500, I gave it a week, but it's cons far outweighed it's pro's, so 1.4.5 it is
    People don't understand is that this "beta" version was only intended for application testing, not for everyday use.

Owner of: Pre Sprint, Pre Telcel, Pre Plus AT&T, Pre 2 Unlocked, Pixi Plus AT&T, and 2 TouchPads (my Pre3 was stolen so it won't appear again here).
    Quote Originally Posted by NuttyBunny View Post

That only happens if you use your default profile. I personally didnt so it doesnt show up under my real profile. And to tell you the truth if I was palm and someone told me they did this I would at least try to be understanding. Sure its not nice what people are doing but they are upset and they didnt mean harm.
    Conne>< Coding

Remember!!
    *In Rod we trust.*

Quote Originally Posted by wideeyed85 View Post
    was finally able to get back down to 1.4.5 and it's oc'd goodness, but yeah it was a bit of a pain to get it back, thanks to "geeksquadkid" for suggesting using webos repair utility it did the trick, frickin' right away ! Took me a while to get my phone to where it was but yeah the 2.0 rom is definitely a hassle, as much I enjoyed it, it was just so damn slow and buggy, stacks was useful, quick actions was nice, I really liked exhibition mode, text assist was ok, kinda intrusive, just type/ universal search great as usual, for me anyway, it was so buggy as soon as had it loaded I immediately regretted doing so, luckily I had the sense not to use my original profile, the only that helped was govnah, which can be used in exhibition mode by the way which was great even if it didn't show the temp., so it'd clock it to 600 instead of 500, I gave it a week, but it's cons far outweighed it's pro's, so 1.4.5 it is
    figured thats what it needed. yeah i lasted about 2 days with it then thought heck I want my contacts back
    Conne>< Coding

Remember!!
    *In Rod we trust.*

That only happens if you use your default profile. I personally didnt so it doesnt show up under my real profile. And to tell you the truth if I was palm and someone told me they did this I would at least try to be understanding. Sure its not nice what people are doing but they are upset and they didnt mean harm.
    Any profile you use with those doctors have that issue, whether it's a new one or your "official" one, that's the reason the devs were told not to use their production profiles.

But, of course, the leaked files were just that, files, with no instructions or warnings.

Anyway, your "provider" should have warned you about this issue

"Hey Palm! I somehow got access to your private ftp site, downloaded a Doctor I knew nothing about, installed it on my phone, and now I'm having major problems! Now tell me how to fix it!"

lol lol

Sent from my HTC HD2
    Want to keep up with my exciting new projects? You know where to find me.
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast