1.    #1  
    I know, I know, it's the obvious statement of the day!! Just wanted to give props to all the hard workers who put the UberKernel and Govnah together! It's been said a million times and then some, but it really does turn the Pre Plus into a brand new phone. I've had Preware for a long time, but never had the "fortitude" to overclock(always got in my head that SOMETHING would go wrong), but it was nothing, and now I am reaping the benefits of this "new" phone. Currently running 500/800 Screenstate, probably gonna take the plunge to 1 GHZ soon! Thanks!!!
    Welcome aboard the high-speed train.
    Same here! My Sprint Pre went out of warranty a few weeks ago, I'm upgrade-eligible and HP stood up the gravestone for the Pre minus, I jumped right in. Glad i did. No issues. My phone is running faster and smoother.

The better performance at 1ghz should tide me over until I go Android or wait and see if HP radically redesigns the Pre3 into a competitive phone.
    Lol and I was gonna comment CAPTIN OBVIOUS STRIKES AGAIN!
    How would I go about doing this?
    Quote Originally Posted by dennisliermann View Post
    I know, I know, it's the obvious statement of the day!! Just wanted to give props to all the hard workers who put the UberKernel and Govnah together! It's been said a million times and then some, but it really does turn the Pre Plus into a brand new phone. I've had Preware for a long time, but never had the "fortitude" to overclock(always got in my head that SOMETHING would go wrong), but it was nothing, and now I am reaping the benefits of this "new" phone. Currently running 500/800 Screenstate, probably gonna take the plunge to 1 GHZ soon! Thanks!!!
    Add me to Camp Obvious.

I splurged on clearance Touchstones a while back (in anticipation of a future device) (yes, I am one of the faithful) & just this week found a Touchstone back for $3 or so, free shipping. Now rocking 3 Touchstones (home, work, car). Pulled my Seidio battey & enjoying the original slim feel of the Pre for the first time since Aug '09. Feels like a new phone.

Now to exchange it & get one w/a working speaker so I can answer w/o bluetooth or speakerphone...

-- Sent from my Palm Pre using Forums
    My frustration w/HP best characterized by Col George Taylor.
    Global Posts
    3 Global Posts
    Wow...overlocking is really awesome.
    Quote Originally Posted by retirecom View Post
    Add me to Camp Obvious.

I splurged on clearance Touchstones a while back (in anticipation of a future device) (yes, I am one of the faithful) & just this week found a Touchstone back for $3 or so, free shipping. Now rocking 3 Touchstones (home, work, car). Pulled my Seidio battey & enjoying the original slim feel of the Pre for the first time since Aug '09. Feels like a new phone.

Now to exchange it & get one w/a working speaker so I can answer w/o bluetooth or speakerphone...
    Not a lot to do with overclocking though.
    Quote Originally Posted by byourdesky View Post
    I won't deprive you of the pleasure of doing a bit of research, but briefly what you need to do is, install Preware Application:Preware - WebOS Internals and use that to install Uberkernel and then Govnah to set up the overclocking.
    Yes. Overclocking is awesome...

Just don't do what I did, and try an experimental kernel. Stick with stable kernels. I'm currently in the process of webOSdoctoring my phone. Yay.

It's not melted... it just won't boot. But I swear if this doesn't hurry up and download. I still use it as a phone, and I think she thinks I'm ignoring her. Eh.
    my phone freezes and stutters way more now. Overclock issues? Who knows. It's frustrating.
    Quote Originally Posted by johncc View Post
    Not a lot to do with overclocking though.
    True & my apologies to the OP. I posted in response to his excitement over the 'new phone' he has because that's how I feel w/going to the TS & original size.

And, to keep this one on topic:

Yes, OC is awesome! It is what makes my Sprint Pre usable.

-- Sent from my Palm Pre using Forums
    My frustration w/HP best characterized by Col George Taylor.
    It's even better with a touchstone modded 2600 sedio back (really 2254.. You know...). 1 GHZ with a 6 hour battery life with extremely heavy use + tethering = win
    can i overclock my Sprint pre running web0s 2.x? is it a testing feed? what do i need to do if i can? and will it benifit when running flash in the browser?
    never mind i got my answer thank you
    Quote Originally Posted by byourdesky View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by johncc View Post
    I won't deprive you of the pleasure of doing a bit of research, but briefly what you need to do is, install Preware [url= - WebOS Internals[/url] and use that to install Uberkernel and then Govnah to set up the overclocking.
    ...and after you install Preware, go here.
    "Patience, use the force, think." Obi-Wan

Ready to try Preware? Get this first: Preware Homebrew Documentation