Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
  1.    #1  
    I play a lot of YouTube videos on my Sprint Pre-, and I'm very familiar with the normal bugaboos of stopping in the middle of a video, dropped data connections, and so on. But today it's doing something I've never seen it do before.

If I try to play a new video I get the "There was an error playing the file" message. But I can play videos that are in my history from yesterday. I've tried several videos in history and they play perfectly. Anything new gives me the error message. I've never seen this before.

I'm on EV, good connection. I've tried a soft reset. Anyone else seen this?
    Weird, I just signed on to see if there was a solution for this idential problem which I am having today. If anyone has a solution / explanation it would be appreciated. Thanks.
  3.    #3  
    It's got to be a problem on YouTube's end, I think. I can stream music just fine and I was just able to watch some videos on DailyMotion.
  4. ght
    Global Posts
    886 Global Posts
    I had weird youtube issues yesterday. The screen with spinning circle just sat there, didn't load, a appeared to be flickering. I opened Govnah, and it showed unknown profile running 500MHz. I switched it to my custom OC profile running at 1GHz, and the problem went away. No idea if the two issues are related, doest seem likely, but that's what happened.
    I've been having that problem too. I even tried going to the mobile site and received an error loading message. I cleared my cookies and cache and was able to get to the mobile site but the minute I tried logging in the problem came back. This also affected the youtube app. When I cleared the cookies and cache I was able to play videos from the app but the minute I closed the app and reopened it the problem would be back. I sent youtube an email. No response yet.
    3 guys in my office have the same problem, also another guy with a Samsung Android, as soon as he turned off the "HD" option, the vid loaded quickly, but back to HD, and it wouldn't load.
    Tried using 3G and WiFi, no change. I hope that YouTube is able to respond to this quickly, especially since they're Google, and their own devices are being affected.
    Not sure if this help, but I own a palm pre plus and I am getting the same error with playing youtube videos
    Global Posts
    27 Global Posts
    Some youtube videos on my palm pre plus work and some do not. I tried doing a full erase to fix the problem - no luck!
    I'm having the same problem on my pre plus. Annoying as hell!
    Global Posts
    518 Global Posts
    yea same thing here, Sprint Pre on Wifi not able to play or download from youtube at all.
    Ħ╬čųβΔ
    Sent from my HTC Evo 4G
    Same here.
    Does anyone know if we get the staff at PreCentral involved? Maybe we can get this problem fixed faster
    Quote Originally Posted by mattmatt9 View Post
    Does anyone know if we get the staff at PreCentral involved? Maybe we can get this problem fixed faster
    What does it have to do with the staff here and what miracle strings do you think they can pull?

Sent from my eVo
    Sent from my favorite gadget!
    Same here on Sprint w/ my Pre... Sometimes it loads, sometimes not... It's a prob with You Tube changing it's mobile format.
    "Palm, Productivity in Your's..."

God Bless and Travel Well!

Prius, Proof that People Will Buy Anything... Baaaa!
    Update: Called palm, they said they were aware of the problem and investigating. Said try again later today, so keeping my fingers crossed.
    Quote Originally Posted by Robisindy View Post
    I play a lot of YouTube videos on my Sprint Pre-, and I'm very familiar with the normal bugaboos of stopping in the middle of a video, dropped data connections, and so on. But today it's doing something I've never seen it do before.

If I try to play a new video I get the "There was an error playing the file" message. But I can play videos that are in my history from yesterday. I've tried several videos in history and they play perfectly. Anything new gives me the error message. I've never seen this before.

I'm on EV, good connection. I've tried a soft reset. Anyone else seen this?
    We are aware of the issue and investigating root cause to identify a solution.
    Ex HP webOS Tech Support

5Ts: Five ways to get your webOS tablet working again: http://www.hpwebos.com/5Ts

6Ts: Six ways to get your webOS phone working again: http://www.hpwebos.com/6Ts
    I find if I'm using gov and I have low voltages this happens.
    Global Posts
    120 Global Posts
    Last night YouTube was giving me this error on my Sprint Pre AND crashing the flash plugin on PC version of Firefox. MS Internet Explorer was working just fine though.

So I'm guessing YouTube "upgraded" something lol.
    this has happened on and off for me for as long as I've had my Pre-. I chalk it up to a network issue. Old things in your history never seem to play for me, like the link goes dead. And, as you've noticed, if you lose network connectivity while its buffering or something, it could keep buffering forever or you could get the mentioned pop-up error.

What works for me is (1) close youtube app, (2) reset my radio by turning on then off airplane mode. That seems to work for me. A full reboot always works too.
    Even doing a restart of the phone hasn't solved the issue... it seemingly happens more if I try a link posted on any site.
    "Palm, Productivity in Your's..."

God Bless and Travel Well!

Prius, Proof that People Will Buy Anything... Baaaa!
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast