Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    Global Posts
    614 Global Posts
    Just came here to post issue and I see it's widespread, not just me.
    This happends on BOTH my 1.4.5 device and 2.0.1 device AND even on my mothballed Epic device. Prolly a good note is it will work on the epic if I manually set to use standard definition option. Unfortunately webos Youtube app auto decides this so Youtube did change the HD codec recently.
    Try diplomacy first. You can always conquer them later...

www.webos-internals.org, read it, use it, love it, and donate to it.....
    Quote Originally Posted by addiarmadar View Post
    This happends on BOTH my 1.4.5 device and 2.0.1 device AND even on my mothballed Epic device. Prolly a good note is it will work on the epic if I manually set to use standard definition option. Unfortunately webos Youtube app auto decides this so Youtube did change the HD codec recently.
    I think this is the issue. I was able to view one video randomly selected which happened to be a . Before anyone laughs I wasn't looking for this one - I was picking from the most watched crud list that comes up by default and this is the first one that worked - probably because the video quality is terrible. Given the comments above this leads me to agree that maybe the encoding changed on higher res video.

Every other video I have tried has failed but if anyone comes up with other low res one's that work and all high res fail then we may have id'd the problem.
    I've been having the same problems. Reloaded everything and the problems wasn't there and now its back again. Emailed the same file to my self and it work fine on a Win7 laptop. It is interesting that the problem is happening to others, so now I know its not a hardware but more than likely a software issue... I will delete other player programs that were installed to see if they are the problem.
    Last edited by KC6UFO; 02/17/2011 at 06:29 PM. Reason: typo's
    same thing here.... Pre Plus 4.5 Verizon

For what it is worth, I also have the problem with no bookmarks... But it doesn't matter because I can't play Flash or edit and create docs either..
    they will probably blame it on sun spots
    We are still working on the issue. I'm not an expert on the issue, but I do believe this is the likely cause of the issue
    YouTube API Blog: HTTPS Support for YouTube Embeds

Do note that HP devices are not the only affected ones as this change affects all devices.
    Ex HP webOS Tech Support

5Ts: Five ways to get your webOS tablet working again: http://www.hpwebos.com/5Ts

6Ts: Six ways to get your webOS phone working again: http://www.hpwebos.com/6Ts
    same here!
    Quote Originally Posted by Unclevanya View Post
    Every other video I have tried has failed but if anyone comes up with other low res one's that work and all high res fail then we may have id'd the problem.
    I was able to load , which was shot and encoded in HD, and it played on my Pre2 just fine. But I've been having this problem with many other videos as well.
    It's probably related to this. I experienced it first on my PC last night.

Video not displaying (black, green, white box) but hear audio? Look here... - YouTube Help
    Youtube is not working as well on my 1.4.5 Sprint Pre Minus.
    Quote Originally Posted by aferlynn View Post
    Some youtube videos on my palm pre plus work and some do not. I tried doing a full erase to fix the problem - no luck!
    Wow, that was drastic!
    If "If's" and "But's" were candy and nuts we'd all have a Merry Christmas!

Heck! I did a system restore on my PC last night, reinstalled Flash & Silverlight too. I had just installed a Silverlight update when I lost the ability to view Youtube videos on their page. Jumped right to the conclusion that the update was to blame. I need to learn to consider that it's not always me or my computer/phone that is at fault. Sometimes it's the internet itself.

At least the issue is fixed temporarily on my PC. Will wait for the fix on my Pre.
    I had trouble with a few on my Pre, but the same videos work fine on my Evo.

Sent from my eVo
    Sent from my favorite gadget!
  14.    #34  
    You would think YouTube may have been able to do 30 or 45 minutes of testing on Firefox and some mobile devices before making a change that had the potential to cause this sort of trouble for users.

Update: It seems to be working now. I've watched a couple of videos this morning with no problems.
    Last edited by Robisindy; 02/18/2011 at 06:56 AM.
    Yup. Youtube appears to have solved its video problem. Videos play nicely on both my Pre and my desktop. Hardware acceleration can be re-enabled now for desktops and laptops.
    running verizon pre plus 1.4.5. Youtube videos are working again, thanks youtube for fixin the problem
    This issue should be resolved. Please advise if anyone is still experiencing issues after performing normal troubleshooting steps.
    Ex HP webOS Tech Support

5Ts: Five ways to get your webOS tablet working again: http://www.hpwebos.com/5Ts

6Ts: Six ways to get your webOS phone working again: http://www.hpwebos.com/6Ts
    Today I was still having the same problem on both webos 1 and 2 but then tried to clear the history in the Youtube application on both and now all is working ATM.
    Try diplomacy first. You can always conquer them later...

www.webos-internals.org, read it, use it, love it, and donate to it.....
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12