Global Posts
    7 Global Posts
    I have a launch day Palm Pre and love it. It has worked just fine this whole time with minor scratches and few chips here and there. Today while I finished playing basketball i went to my car and called back a buddy of mine. When I finished talking I got out and put the phone on the roof and went to throw the ball in my trunk. Then went back in my car and drove away, completely unaware that my pre was still on the roof. As I drove I began to wonder where my phone was and so I pulled into a shopping center to look around in my car thoroughly. When I made a sharp right to pull into the shopping center I saw my pre go flying to the pavement from the corner of my eye. I was so sad at that moment I wanted to cry. I love webos, my palm pre, and spend a good portion of my day on this website. =]

I stopped immediately and saw a car run it over, mind you this is a very busy street, and then it was just sort of thrown around as more cars ran it over. When traffic died for a couple of seconds I went onto the street and found it. It was missing the battery and back cover AND there where many chips and scratches on the corners of the device. The actual screen shockingly and gesture area where untouched. When I slid the phone open I noticed that the slider was acting a little rough and didnt open smoothly as before. I was so happy that it was still in good shape but wondered if anything was wrong with it internally. I went home, popped in my extended battery and tested everything on it, and it all works great. The power button and volume keys are all fine. I am so happy that my pre survived!
    Quote Originally Posted by rawritsrod View Post
    I have a launch day Palm Pre and love it. It has worked just fine this whole time with minor scratches and few chips here and there. Today while I finished playing basketball i went to my car and called back a buddy of mine. When I finished talking I got out and put the phone on the roof and went to throw the ball in my trunk. Then went back in my car and drove away, completely unaware that my pre was still on the roof. As I drove I began to wonder where my phone was and so I pulled into a shopping center to look around in my car thoroughly. When I made a sharp right to pull into the shopping center I saw my pre go flying to the pavement from the corner of my eye. I was so sad at that moment I wanted to cry. I love webos, my palm pre, and spend a good portion of my day on this website. =]

I stopped immediately and saw a car run it over, mind you this is a very busy street, and then it was just sort of thrown around as more cars ran it over. When traffic died for a couple of seconds I went onto the street and found it. It was missing the battery and back cover AND there where many chips and scratches on the corners of the device. The actual screen shockingly and gesture area where untouched. When I slid the phone open I noticed that the slider was acting a little rough and didnt open smoothly as before. I was so happy that it was still in good shape but wondered if anything was wrong with it internally. I went home, popped in my extended battery and tested everything on it, and it all works great. The power button and volume keys are all fine. I am so happy that my pre survived!
    Gotta love it! I'll send you a brand new replacement Sprint Pre- LCD screen, battery, and battery back cover (either glossy original, or matte Touchstone) as a thank you gift for sharing this story with us. PM me with your shipping and contact info.

Too bad there wasn't a convenience store/strip mall/ATM/bank/shopping center/traffic signal surveillance camera in the vicinity. Video of your Pre's wild ride would go a long way to dispell the notion about poor hardware build quality!

So how many cars do you think ran over it?

(and don't forget to PM me shipping and contact info)

TTB
    ----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
    I am an AT&T employee and the postings on this site are my own and donít necessarily represent AT&Tís positions, strategies or opinions.
    After an experience like that, you should have immediately bought a lottery ticket because luck that good can only last for a little while.

Wow!
    Last edited by Cantaffordit; 02/17/2011 at 11:49 AM.
    Greatest. Story. Ever. Please write a book. I will buy it. I'm serious

-- Sent from my Palm Pre using Forums
    Conne>< Coding

Remember!!
    *In Rod we trust.*

Yes, my user name says kid. Also, yes I'm 21. It's a long story.

Devices: Touchpad, 32 GB
    Retired my pre for an Epic 4G Touch, Miss it dearly howerver.

Global Posts
    518 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by TopTongueBarry View Post
    Gotta love it! I'll send you a brand new replacement Sprint Pre- LCD screen, battery, and battery back cover (either glossy original, or matte Touchstone) as a thank you gift for sharing this story with us. PM me with your shipping and contact info.

Too bad there wasn't a convenience store/strip mall/ATM/bank/shopping center/traffic signal surveillance camera in the vicinity. Video of your Pre's wild ride would go a long way to dispell the notion about poor hardware build quality!

So how many cars do you think ran over it?

(and don't forget to PM me shipping and contact info)

TTB

Wow thats pretty awesome of you! I would like a new TS Back but if not possible still pretty awesome that you would just offer to send out replacements like that! Kudos to you sir and your support for the WebOS community!
    Ħ╬čųβ£Δ
    Sent from my HTC Evo 4G
    So this means all those peeps that reported they just laid the phone down on the table, dropped it 2inches from ground, or did nothing to the phone and it just cracked the screen can now shut the he!! up? I've lost count how many times my Pre has cratered and it is still fine.
    Try diplomacy first. You can always conquer them later...

www.webos-internals.org, read it, use it, love it, and donate to it.....