Global Posts
    21 Global Posts
    Does anyone have any insight on this situation:
    I want to jump ship from Sprint and get the Pre 2 from Verizon.

My HTC Evo(out of contract) had a cracked screen. On Monday I filed a Asurion replacement claim and paid my $100 deductible. My new phone should be here Friday.

My plan is to cancel Sprint, sell my Asurion replaced EVO on craigslist, then go to Verizon and purchase the Pre 2.

Are there any kinks in this concoction?
    Will I need to activate the replacement phone - or can I just sell it?
    Last edited by west33; 02/16/2011 at 03:05 PM.
    When I got replacement phones in Canada I would have to activate them, so you should be able to sell the phone on ebay or craigslist.
    W370 -> 3500c -> Instinct ->Pre -> Legend -> Pre 2 -> Bold 9900 -> iPhone 4 -> iPhone 5 -> HP Pre 3
    Rogers -> Fido -> Bell Mobility ------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------->
    Global Posts
    156 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by west33 View Post
    Does anyone have any insight on this situation:
    I want to jump ship from Sprint and get the Pre 2 from Verizon.

My HTC Evo(out of contract) had a cracked screen. On Monday I filed a Asurion replacement claim and paid my $100 deductible. My new phone should be here Friday.

My plan is to cancel Sprint, sell my Asurion replaced EVO on craigslist, then go to Verizon and purchase the Pre 2.

Are there any kinks in this concoction?
    Will I need to activate the replacement phone - or can I just sell it?
    To my knowledge (I've only had one insurance claim through Asurion) the phones are not activated when they come in, so you should have no problems selling since the ESN will be clear. I don't believe you need to activate it.

Palm m100 => Palm IIIx => Palm Zire 72 => Cingular Treo 650 => Sprint Palm 700p (w/755 ROM) => Sprint Palm 755p => Sprint Palm Centro => Sprint Palm Pre => Sprint FrankenPre Plus => Franken Palm Pre 2 on Sprint w/ working Nav and Sprint TV!

Family lines: Wife => Palm Centro Daughter => Palm Pixi

Living the Palm brand since 1999....and that's gotten me this!?
    RIP Palm OS and WebOS
    Are you looking at this Sprint CTO!!!

This customer is dropping your flagship phone for the Pre 2!! Take a hint already!

Ok back to the posting, naa there shouldn't be any kinks but do make sure you give 72hrs before giving out that replacement EVO to the seller since it's most likely going to be a refurb from another acct yet cleared.
    Try diplomacy first. You can always conquer them later...

www.webos-internals.org, read it, use it, love it, and donate to it.....
    as long as you don't have to pay an ETF, you will be fine.