Global Posts
    13 Global Posts
    Hello,

First, I wanted to say I did review the prior threads 'similar' to but not quite exactly this issue. If I did miss one that nails this, I apologize.

My Pre has Preware on it, and I'd like to use Save/Restore to pull off my data to get it onto my 'new' ($12.00 Ebay!) Pre.

Steps taken so far:
    Using USB, launched webos quick install, installed Save/Restore to 'old'
    Launched Save/Restore via keyboard
    I get stuck at : "OK I've read this lets continue."
    (Can't 'touch').

Any ideas or alternatives?
    I am getting into the device via USB no worries, so I 'think' there should be a workaround.

thanks
    Global Posts
    310 Global Posts
    I'm assuming you have never run Save/Restore on this Pre before (ie: with a functionning touchscreen)? If that's the case, you're pretty-close to SOL.

The only route I can imagine would be interrogating the Save/Restore profiles for Apps you care about (ie: to find out what is being backed-up & how) AND then finding a way to access that data via USB (ie: you may need to first gain terminal access to copy the files over to the USB partition, etc..)

Bottom-line, the type of workaround I'm describing above is pretty labour-intensive -- I wouldn't consider it unless there's something you must have. Alternatively, I'd check-in with the WebOS Internals folks -- perhaps they built keyboard shortcuts into Save/Restore (unlikely, but, you never know).

Good luck
    Palm History: Sony Clie T615C --> T|X --> Pre+ --> Pre3 Aspirations -->
    Global Posts
    13 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by cmahy View Post
    I'm assuming you have never run Save/Restore on this Pre before (ie: with a functionning touchscreen)? If that's the case, you're pretty-close to SOL.
    Sometimes the 'right' answer isn't what we want to hear!
    I'm mainly interested in re-installing all my themes and patches, which really won't be too bad, and setting up system prefs.

Might be better than a one week project into the bowels of my Pre!

Thanks for the quick response!
    Global Posts
    13 Global Posts
    Last question,
    When activated the phone and went through the standard restore, the preware 'saved' packages included preware, 'regular' Palm apps, but not my themes, tweaks, and such.
    I did copy from USB the old phone, and see the file .webosinternals.patches.packages, which looks like it has lots of what I am looking for:

als.patches.app-launcher-advanced-configuration-for-app-launcher aupt-4
    org.webosinternals.patches.browser-bookmarks-tile-button aupt-4
    org.webosinternals.patches.messaging-timestamps-fancy aupt-4
    com.prethemer.themes.d1893b9b8b
    org.webosinternals.patches.top-bar-devicemenu-maxed-out-ultra aupt-4
    org.webosinternals.patches.misc-unthrottle-download-manager aupt-4
    org.webosinternals.patches.mojo-3000-autoreplace-words aupt-4
    org.webosinternals.patches.phone-no-missed-call-callback aupt-4
    org.webosinternals.patches.notifications-reset-options-on-power-button-hold aupt-4
    org.webosinternals.patches.misc-increase-speaker-headset-volume aupt-4
    org.webosinternals.patches.top-bar-rotated-battery-icon-and-percentage-color aupt-4
    org.webosinternals.patches.advanced-configuration-for-system-preferences aupt-4
    org.webosinternals.patches.calendar-ubercalendar aupt-4

So, I copy this file via USB over to the root, now just wanting to figure out how to 'read' that from preware, if that is possible?