Global Posts
    60 Global Posts
    Heres a Little back story... a Couple months ago my palm pre+ was stolen from me but after some words and threats I got it back recently... Now before it was stolen it was in perfect condition and everything worked just fine... But now that i got it back the power button is gone and there's a chunk of plastic missing on the side of the phone and the screens all scratched up....

Now the problem is that i doctored it and loaded everything back on it... But the strange issue is that my music won't play threw the speaker or the OS sounds like when you swipe a card up.. and youtube wont work either... NOW ringtones will sound when you change the volume or get and email or text and when the phone is on speaker while in a call it works just fine.. when i plug it in it makes the sound threw the speaker...

So my question is.. How does it work with some things through the speaker and not others?

Side note:: Is there a place (site or whatever) that has parts or something to fix it up or do i have to replace the screen with a new one and get the power button from some other pre?
    Last edited by HelloNNNewman; 03/06/2011 at 07:55 PM. Reason: fixed typo
    Sounds like the thief drop kicked your phone into a toilet before returning it to you. You might consider buying another cheap phone off of ebay.
    Global Posts
    60 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by runtimmyc View Post
    Sounds like the thief drop kicked your phone into a toilet before returning it to you. You might consider buying another cheap phone off of ebay.
    The phone has no water damage.. and seeing how i never bought a phone on ebay.. I don't see how
    "You might consider buying another cheap phone off of ebay" fits into this
    Quote Originally Posted by lvalen19 View Post
    the power button is gone and there's a chunk of plastic missing on the side of the phone and the screens all scratched up....
    Quote Originally Posted by lvalen19 View Post
    I don't see how
    "You might consider buying another cheap phone off of ebay" fits into this
    If you want to invest money and time trying to fix a phone that may be unfixable, you could try this thread:
    http://forums.precentral.net/marketp...ts-thread.html
    How about this? You might consider buying a cheap Pre off e-bay. Considering your weird issues
    Quote Originally Posted by jdjr View Post
    How about this? You might consider buying a cheap Pre off e-bay. Considering your weird issues
    That would probably work very well for him.. if the price of Pre's didn't go up $100 in the last two weeks.

Also, good luck finding one without 2.1.0 on it!

<edited by moderator>
    Last edited by HelloNNNewman; 03/06/2011 at 07:56 PM. Reason: no need to be the grammar police
    Neo Enyo 2.0 Twitter App: NOW AVAILABLE | WON REVIEW
    clearview - clear card app for HP TOUCHPAD
    Wild'n Video Poker - AVAILABLE FOR ALL WEBOS DEVICES! | follow for latest updates - @fxspec06