1.    #1  
    I need to switch Pre's. Lets just say that mine has a little life left in it and I have a refurb, but want to pull my text messages off my original pre to put on my refurb. I can't seem to find a method or app to do this. Any suggestions?
    Quote Originally Posted by magicman_007 View Post
    I need to switch Pre's. Lets just say that mine has a little life left in it and I have a refurb, but want to pull my text messages off my original pre to put on my refurb. I can't seem to find a method or app to do this. Any suggestions?
    I was needing to back up my texts at one stage, but according to everyone I asked it isn't possible. The only way it could work is if you asked someone to make an app for that purpose. Hopefully it is possible. Maybe a patch might work, but at this time, I don't believe there are any solutions. Sorry mate. See if you can get your hands on a patch/app developer and pitch them the idea...

-- Sent from my Palm Pre using Forums
    Palm m105 >> Zire 72SE >> AT&T Pre Plus >> Pre 2 (cracked)>>HP Veer/Pre 2>>Touchpad>>Pre 3...and I'm only 17 years old! (My own savings)
  3.    #3  
    Quote Originally Posted by Editor02 View Post
    I was needing to back up my texts at one stage, but according to everyone I asked it isn't possible. The only way it could work is if you asked someone to make an app for that purpose. Hopefully it is possible. Maybe a patch might work, but at this time, I don't believe there are any solutions. Sorry mate. See if you can get your hands on a patch/app developer and pitch them the idea...

-- Sent from my Palm Pre using Forums
    I would absolutely pay for this app if it was out there. I found one thread that talked about rooting your phone and copying certain files. The jury was out on if it worked and it is past my comfort level.

I can't believe there is not an app or patch out there for this.
    I highly recommend reading this thread:

http://forums.precentral.net/palm-pr...phones-12.html
  5.    #5  
    Quote Originally Posted by eserrano250 View Post
    I highly recommend reading this thread:

http://forums.precentral.net/palm-pr...phones-12.html
    I did read that and it was the thread to which I was referring above. I concluded that it was difficult for me and was not reliable. Was that a valid conclusion?
    I have done it the way described in that thread using internalz. It took me about 10 minutes to do the back up. Most of the time was spent having my phone reboot.
    Global Posts
    453 Global Posts
    use " PreBackupUtility" ... This app allows you to backup anything and you can choose to backup only ur sms msgs, then restoe them on another device. It works great.
    you can find the app in precentra forum or Preware ..
  8.    #8  
    Quote Originally Posted by amjz View Post
    use " PreBackupUtility" ... This app allows you to backup anything and you can choose to backup only ur sms msgs, then restoe them on another device. It works great.
    you can find the app in precentra forum or Preware ..
    I will try this. Thanks!
    magicman_007:

I recommend you read the first post from the PreBackupUtility thread before doing anything:

http://forums.precentral.net/web-os-...ml#post2194915

If you wish to try and proceed using PBU, then I would suggest taking a backup of your database files first.

I spent about 3 days trying to restore texts, and gave up on PBU as while it does restore the database, it doesn't do it quite correctly, and you may end up with a phone that can only see your old texts, none of your new ones will appear. not to mention other possible issues. Hence me spending a lot of time to find a working method, and writing out instructions that are about as clear as they can be made on how to do it more safely. As far as I am aware my method has worked for everyone who has tried it.