Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    Quote Originally Posted by staeit View Post
    Lol hi I enjoy not having to pay extra because my phone is so unreliable.

Sent from my iPhone 4 using Tapatalk
    That's the point I am trying to make to everyone paying the $7... Unless you have a phone that has known quality issues, it's probably unnecessary. Sounds like the Pre does have quality issues, as many replacements as some people have had, so ESRP might be recommended for Pre owners. But I've never needed TEP with any of the phones I've had, and I've had service with Sprint since at least 1999. I've got a Pixi now.
    Touchscreens are a fad.
    I think it's worth the 7 dollars. I have a pre got it in july of 09. I worked commercial construction and have gone through 7 or 8 of them. They don't handle drops well. I will say a zagg invisi shield is a must havw on this phones screen. I'm now laid off and going back to school spring quarter. I had got a refurb for free last time because a crack from the usb door about 5 months ago. It's overclocked and with the zagg screen protector and touchstone, makes using the usb less often. Anyways thing still looks and runs like new. I'd say it depends on what you do for a livng something like construction get the insurance because I always broke phones in that career a 15 year career time for a much needed change that's why I'm going back to get a degree. Also I broke every phone I had numerous times not just the pre. Now that I'm not doing it I could cancel it but 7 bucks a month isn't bad but the 100 dollar deduct is. I had to pay it another time knocked the pre in the toilet. Back then it was their flagship device on sprint so without that insurance I would of had to pay 550 dollars or more for a new one. At this point if you can get these on ebay that cheap I'd just cancel it. But any new phone if you have a job outdoors. Or do anything fun like hiking, atv riding, hunting outdoor activities get the damage insurance. If u are at a desk all day and don't get out much your phone should be fine and if not it's probobly a manufacturing defect and they cover that free for a year.
    Quote Originally Posted by mikeisnowonfire View Post
    Where do people keep hearing they ran out of Pres? They are just listed as out of stock on most of those sites because they aren't selling any new Pres anymore. Plenty of refurbs out there.
    Where do they get this idea? From Derek Kessler's article on the main page of P|C itself!!! Editorial Daily Double: What if my Pre breaks? Cheering for a team that never makes the playoffs | PreCentral.net | The #1 Palm Pre and Pixi Community

Here is his direct quote:

Quote Originally Posted by DerekKessler View Post
    If my Pre ends up physically broken, there are no replacements on Sprint, even refurbished phones (which this current one was, now its just abused).
    I really wish he would update that article to say that there are still Pres available from Sprint.
    Quote Originally Posted by Syndil View Post
    No, what your rep did was fudge some stuff in the computer and made it seem like the Pre was damaged due to manufacturing defects, so that he could replace it under warranty coverage.
    Are you sure? Mine was definitely out of warranty and I specifically asked him about the deductible. Why would he 'fudge' anything for me?
    I am equivalent to a man dammit.
    if your phone is damaged and not because of you .i.e. phone radio or known issue like usb cracks forming on the pre . they will replace them without cost to you . if you drop your phone and stomp on it then no . you will have to use the insurance .
    ĦṔ-Ḷṫ-Ŧḯη
    Here is a direct link to webOS Doc for all carriers
    http://www.webos-internals.org/wiki/...octor_Versions
    P.S. if i have helped you and you are thankful please hit the thanks button to the right---->
    Quote Originally Posted by voltageROCK View Post
    Are you sure? Mine was definitely out of warranty and I specifically asked him about the deductible. Why would he 'fudge' anything for me?
    He's right and wrong. The TEP has an insurance component and extended warranty component. Replacements that do not incur a deductible are done under the extended waranty.

However, Sprint changed their policy to include free replacements for any physical damage, not just defects, so no fudging was needed.
    screwdestiny
    PSN Twitter Last.FM
    Quote Originally Posted by voltageROCK View Post
    TEP gives you both an extended warranty and insurance. I think the confusion comes from people calling TEP just "insurance." If your device was out of warranty, it was TEP that helped you, but it was not the insurance part of it, or you would have paid a $100 deductible. Also you can cancel either half of TEP (the extended warranty or the insurance) if you decide you don't need it and save yourself some money.
    Touchscreens are a fad.
    I had the insurance on my Treo 755 and never had to use it. I got it on my pre and didn't have to use it until well after a year, and have had two replacements. I didn't get it on my brothers nextel brute, because it had military specs, was waterproof and they had videos of it all over youtube of people having to run over it with a car and beat it with bricks to get it to break, and he crushed the outside screen working on a car while it was in his back pocket. Go figure. Then he got it stolen so I just activated the Treo in place of it tonight. I got the insurance. You may never need it, but it has been well worth it when I have.
    The value of knowledge is not in its possession, but in its use.
    Sprint has run out of Pre's in the Bay Area, my friend got an Evo as a replacement a week ago.

But another bonus is it's a replacement phone so you won't have to pay the extra $10/month charge for a smartphone.
    Quote Originally Posted by Sukiyaki View Post
    Then he got it stolen so I just activated the Treo in place of it tonight. I got the insurance. You may never need it, but it has been well worth it when I have.
    If you had used the insurance to replace his stolen Brute, that definitely would have been a $100 deductible, plus however many months of $7 charges up to the time it was replaced. I'm looking at a Nextel Brute on eBay right now for $129.

MOTOROLA BRUTE i680 NEXTEL PTT CELL PHONE - eBay (item 290534956631 end time Mar-17-11 13:04:08 PDT)

Oh, and that Treo 755? Tons on eBay for around $50.
    Last edited by Syndil; 02/15/2011 at 10:41 PM.
    Touchscreens are a fad.
    It will cost you an extra $120/year if you don't get a replacement phone.
    I need everyone to rush out and request replacement Pres from Sprint all at once. If we bumrush them, they'll run out of their stock and all we have to do is mess around with the headphone jack and let the phone do the rest to get us a Pre 3 when it comes out on Sprint... As a replacement.. IF it comes out..
    asurion got us a replacement pre (launch day #4 repl) out of sprint warraty that just quit cold and it looks new or almost new. Awesome $7 totally worth it. 100$ deductible.
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12