Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    Verizon has an exclusive deal with skype. HP doesn't have anything to do with that.
    Some have mentioned the exclusivity has ended because Skype is now on the iPhone (AT&T one) and other Sprint Androids.
    Palm IIIc -> Sony CLIÉ T650C -> Sony TJ-37 -> Palm TX -> Palm Centro -> Palm Pre Bell -> Palm Pre Plus Bell/Verizon Hybrid -> HP Veer -> HP Pre 3 NA -> BlackBerry Classic -> BlackBerry Priv

It's a Late Goodbye, such a Late Goodbye.

Need OEM Palm Pre parts? See here
    Quote Originally Posted by Sanjay View Post
    Really, just wondering why my Pre 2 does not have it.

Trust Palm to, as always, bifurcate their product lines in totally inane ways. Why does the Verizon Pre 2 get Skype but not the HP unlocked non carrier linked Pre 2. After all I can understand to some extent Palm not including Skype in a particular carrier linked phone, based on the demands of the carrier, but why an unlocked phone, sold directly by Palm should be crippled in any way, is totally beyond me.
    This feature is not palm/HP based. It's like the NFL football app. It's carrier sided.

-- Sent from my Palm Pre using Forums
    Conne>< Coding

Remember!!
    *In Rod we trust.*

Yes, my user name says kid. Also, yes I'm 21. It's a long story.

Devices: Touchpad, 32 GB
    Retired my pre for an Epic 4G Touch, Miss it dearly howerver.

Skype for webOS is something that obviously Palm has developed and not Skype and I certainly can't see why Skype would have any issues with Palm putting this on all their phones. Thus the question remains, what prevented Palm from including it on the 'unlocked', 'carrier free' Pre 2?
    Pre3 (AT&T meta-doctored to ROW) webOS 2.2.4 build 3175
    TouchPad WiFi (32GB) - webOS 3.0.5 build 86
    App Catalog (US) - Vodafone (India)

Treo 180 > 270 > 600 > 650 > 680 > Pre+ > Pre2 > Pre+ > Pre3 & tPad
    One may wish to differentiate between Skype voice and Skype videocalling. It was the latter that was promised as a webOS 3.0 feature on the Pre3 and TouchPad. {Jonathan}
    skype is working on my verizon pre plus- i installed the leaked 2.1 beta on it. integrates very well with everything on the phone.
    Global Posts
    160 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by mayonaise1091 View Post
    skype is working on my verizon pre plus- i installed the leaked 2.1 beta on it. integrates very well with everything on the phone.
    with skype, you dont have to use your verizon minutes to make a call?
    Quote Originally Posted by shloime View Post
    with skype, you dont have to use your verizon minutes to make a call?
    skype is integrated with the built-in phone app. if you make a call to a skype user using their username, no, it uses no minutes. if you call a landline or cell phone, it just goes through verizon and uses your minutes.
    Global Posts
    160 Global Posts
    skype is integrated with the built-in phone app. if you make a call to a skype user using their username, no, it uses no minutes. if you call a landline or cell phone, it just goes through verizon and uses your minutes.
    wow! such a tremendous amount of false rumors! i read different times that you have free skype phone calls to landlines and cellphones in america
    mayinaise1091, can you make video calls or at least receive video from the other end?

Thanks...
    Quote Originally Posted by Sanjay View Post
    Skype for webOS is something that obviously Palm has developed and not Skype and I certainly can't see why Skype would have any issues with Palm putting this on all their phones. Thus the question remains, what prevented Palm from including it on the 'unlocked', 'carrier free' Pre 2?
    because it's verizon sided. Not palm sided.
    Quote Originally Posted by shloime View Post
    wow! such a tremendous amount of false rumors! i read different times that you have free skype phone calls to landlines and cellphones in america

where did you hear that? Skype has always cost if your calling landlines or mobiles, skype to skype is only free.
    Quote Originally Posted by vortmax View Post
    mayinaise1091, can you make video calls or at least receive video from the other end?

Thanks...
    No video calling as far as I can see. Its probably buried in here, or possibly not there at all since this is a beta designed for the pre plus, which does not have a front-facing camera, and would therefore not be feasible for video calling.

if anyone would like to see a demo on skype, I can try to make one later tonight and show you how it works.
    Quote Originally Posted by zmann View Post
    I downloaded skype from. Android market to check out video calling and the app does not support video at this time. Skype has not put video calling intoThere mobile apps yet.

Evo-lution
    no, i figured skype and palm havent put that in yet. when the touchpad comes out im sure it will be there. or it will be "...in the coming months"
    No video calling as far as I can see. Its probably buried in here, or possibly not there at all since this is a beta designed for the pre plus, which does not have a front-facing camera, and would therefore not be feasible for video calling.

if anyone would like to see a demo on skype, I can try to make one later tonight and show you how it works.
    {mock surprise mode}
    What? You can't use a mirror and a phone at the same time?
    {/mock surprise mode}
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12