Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
Results 21 to 34 of 34
  1. #21  
    Nah, I'll keep my TEP. It's come in handy quite a few times with the many Pre's I've gone through, the most recent in December (I've had a Pre since launch day 2009 so my device is beyond factory warranty).
    Achill3s' Palm Pre: Modded and patched to death!!
  2. h-cubed's Avatar
    Posts
    463 Posts
    Global Posts
    518 Global Posts
    #22  
    I would but seeing as how I just got another replacement Im cool I will keep mine...
    Ħ╬čųβΔ
    Sent from my HTC Evo 4G
  3. #23  
    If Sprint announces when/if they're getting the Pre3, I'd do it then.
    I dropped it on my Treo 700p in late April 09 when I knew the Pre was coming out in June.
  4. #24  
    i dropped TEP a couple months ago since my last insurance claim. Its cheaper to get one off ebay, or even better to get a plus on ebay for cheaper like i did.
  5. #25  
    No way am I getting rid of my insurance. I had a friend cancel insurance on his T-Mobile phone, only to damage the phone the very next week and need a replacement. I always keep insurance on my cell phones, since they're usually expensive to replace. I've only had to replace my Pre once, but fortunately I didn't have to pay a deductible. I'm starting to notice some cracks by my USB opening (seems to be a common problem) and for a phone notorious for having hardware problems, there's no way I'm cancelling my insurance.
  6. #26  
    My wife's Bluetooth just quit suddenly last week, and the phone is only 7 months old. Sprint says that they won't touch it since we don't have TEP, that we'll have to get a replacement from Palm.

    Love that customer service!
  7. rumz's Avatar
    Posts
    205 Posts
    Global Posts
    220 Global Posts
    #27  
    Never signed up for TEP on my original Pre that I bought on launch day. And amazingly enough the device still functions near flawlessly (power button has to be pressed down pretty hard / needs a spacer, but otherwise it's fine). Been eligible for an upgrade since last June, and well... these days I can get a used Pre- cheaper than the deductible on TEP (picked up 2 Pre's in working condition for less than $30 total the other day, and one is in pristine shape cosmetically).

    I'll have to revisit this TEP business when the Pre 3 comes out
  8. #28  
    Thinking about it, once we get a EVDO 3D release date, I'll probably drop it.
  9. #29  
    I'm keeping it. I've had a pre since June 2009, and had to have it replaced twice within the last 6 months. No charge for the replacements. No telling when the pre3 will be available.
    The value of knowledge is not in its possession, but in its use.
  10. #30  
    I think of TEP the way I think of my gun. I'd rather have it and not need it than need it and not have it.

    Besides, my original phone was a Pixi on Sprint, and somehow they sent me a Pre as a replacement. It's how I fell in love with webOS.
  11. #31  
    Quote Originally Posted by rumz View Post
    Never signed up for TEP on my original Pre that I bought on launch day. And amazingly enough the device still functions near flawlessly (power button has to be pressed down pretty hard / needs a spacer, but otherwise it's fine). Been eligible for an upgrade since last June, and well... these days I can get a used Pre- cheaper than the deductible on TEP (picked up 2 Pre's in working condition for less than $30 total the other day, and one is in pristine shape cosmetically).

    I'll have to revisit this TEP business when the Pre 3 comes out
    You do know that Sprint TEP dropped their deductible as of Nov 2010, right?
    There is a post around here somewhere.

    Mine-Sprint Samsung Galaxy Nexus 4G/LTE
    Sprint Pre, 1.4.5 overclocked with F102A Delta Dagger - retired 12-18-11
    Wife's- Sprint LG Viper 4G/LTE
    R.I.P. - My Launch day Pre - 06-06-09--04-18-11

    Never trust a computer (or phone) named after a fruit.
  12. rumz's Avatar
    Posts
    205 Posts
    Global Posts
    220 Global Posts
    #32  
    Quote Originally Posted by prolongexistence View Post
    You do know that Sprint TEP dropped their deductible as of Nov 2010, right?
    There is a post around here somewhere.
    No deductible period? Or just if the phone fails without you having damaged it? Seems like it was April 2009 that they raised the deductible for smart phones from $50 to $100. Good to know-- thanks for the heads up.
  13. #33  
    Quote Originally Posted by rumz View Post
    No deductible period? Or just if the phone fails without you having damaged it? Seems like it was April 2009 that they raised the deductible for smart phones from $50 to $100. Good to know-- thanks for the heads up.
    Here's the thread that I mentioned...
    http://forums.precentral.net/cdma-no...cy-change.html

    As far as I understand, the only damage not covered is water damage.

    Mine-Sprint Samsung Galaxy Nexus 4G/LTE
    Sprint Pre, 1.4.5 overclocked with F102A Delta Dagger - retired 12-18-11
    Wife's- Sprint LG Viper 4G/LTE
    R.I.P. - My Launch day Pre - 06-06-09--04-18-11

    Never trust a computer (or phone) named after a fruit.
  14. #34  
    I have my launch day Pre- and my wife made her only replacement of her launch month Pre- a couple weeks ago. Two phones, one replacement ($19.95 on eBay) in almost two years. I'm glad we didn't have TEP, as it would have meant $294 by now rather than $20. Probably more than that, because having the insurance might have encouraged reckless behavior and $100 replacements.
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Posting Permissions