1.    #1  
    I have hotmail as one of my emails on my Pre. How can I get it to show my folders?
    All it shows is:
    Inbox
    Outbox
    Trash
    Sent
    Drafts

Thanks
    WebOS used to be great! 👎

Pre, Veer and now iPhone. Since HP killed WebOS.
    Global Posts
    133 Global Posts
    make sure you connect hotmail as an exchange connection and not pop3. First delete the hotmail connection you already created. To do that what you have to do is select manual setup when you're adding a new account by swiping down when it asks you for the login information. Then select the mail type as Exchange. the URL is https://m.hotmail.com, leave domain blank, username and password are the same as what you use to login to hotmail. Now not only do you get push email (make sure you select to get email "as items arrive" because it will save your battery) but all of your user created folders will sync. Also your contacts and calendar will sync.
    nice tip! I been using pop3 all this time.
    Quote Originally Posted by FunkiBluDawg View Post
    nice tip! I been using pop3 all this time.
    me too! Thanks!
  5.    #5  
    I tried in vain, it wouldn't let me log in.

After you delete your Hotmail account, reset your phone. Then add it as an exchange account, that's what I had to do to get it to add properly.
    Global Posts
    398 Global Posts
    to have a chance to make it an exchange account instead of it defaulting to POP you can enter a bad password, then you can select the Manual Setup button and select Exchange...
    It worked for me straightaway from manual setup.

However be warned, there appears to be a bug in how html emails are processed. They all appear as html source code, instead of html.

The same email are fine in pop3. Looks like a known problem, anybody seen a resolution or fix or patch?

Edited to add link to palm support pages to long standing bug :
    http://forums.palm.com/palm/board/me...essage.id=5826
    Last edited by FunkiBluDawg; 02/14/2011 at 05:49 AM.
    Quote Originally Posted by sirmarksalot View Post
    make sure you connect hotmail as an exchange connection and not pop3. First delete the hotmail connection you already created. To do that what you have to do is select manual setup when you're adding a new account by swiping down when it asks you for the login information. Then select the mail type as Exchange. the URL is https://m.hotmail.com, leave domain blank, username and password are the same as what you use to login to hotmail. Now not only do you get push email (make sure you select to get email "as items arrive" because it will save your battery) but all of your user created folders will sync. Also your contacts and calendar will sync.
    Thanks. POP3 often displays black bars on a Pre 2 and this seems like a great solution.
    (I just reposted it on the Pre 2 forum, with due credit of course)
  10.    #10  
    Nope, no luck again.

Quote Originally Posted by FunkiBluDawg View Post
    It worked for me straightaway from manual setup.

However be warned, there appears to be a bug in how html emails are processed. They all appear as html source code, instead of html.

The same email are fine in pop3. Looks like a known problem, anybody seen a resolution or fix or patch?

Edited to add link to palm support pages to long standing bug :
    Re: palm pre image map problems - Page 2 - Palm Support Community
    If you mean that all the links are converted to stuff like <http://www.precentral.net> and images to [something.gif], that's not actually "HTML".

Hotmail uses an older version of EAS that doesn't directly support HTML, although the iPhone uses a different method to access it which does allow HTML. Also, it's completely unrelated to the discussion in that link, which is about <area> tags in webpages.

‚€œWindows Live ActiveSync‚€Ě update: No HTML mail in WM 6.xx, and our own FAQ | LiveSide.net

I think Android's built-in email client doesn't support it either; can anyone confirm?
    Last edited by greenoyster; 02/15/2011 at 11:14 PM.