1.    #1  
    I always keep a spare battery with me and do a switch-out at least once a day. This solves my low battery issues but gives me another problem. Often I will lose my preferences in different apps (categories in Notes; watched stocks in Top Stocks; launcher page names in Palm's Launcher - I'm using the "Named Pages in Launcher" patch).

I tried the homebrew app Save/Restore but I did a test & it didn't solve my problem.

Anybody know of a patch or an app that will ease my suffering?

Many thanks in advance - Richard

-- Sent from my Palm Pre using Forums
    well. Hot swapping works. Sometimes.
  3.    #3  
    Quote Originally Posted by geeksquadkid View Post
    well. Hot swapping works. Sometimes.
    What's hot swapping? Swapping batteries without turning the Pre off?

-- Sent from my Palm Pre using Forums
    yeah. While it's plugged in. I've successfully done it before. Not consistently tho without practice.
    Make sure you properly power down the phone before removing the battery. Pulling the battery while the phone is still on can cause problems.
  6.    #6  
    Quote Originally Posted by Cantaffordit View Post
    Make sure you properly power down the phone before removing the battery. Pulling the battery while the phone is still on can cause problems.
    Yeah, I'm careful to do that, but I still lose certain preferences as described. Somewhat annoying.

Richard
  7.    #7  
    Quote Originally Posted by Cantaffordit View Post
    By "properly power down" do you mean going to the Reset Options screen & pressing the"Shut Down" button? Up to now I've only turned the phone off using the Pre's physical power button.
    Quote Originally Posted by bondfast View Post
    By "properly power down" do you mean going to the Reset Options screen & pressing the"Shut Down" button? Up to now I've only turned the phone off using the Pre's physical power button.

both of those are the same thing.
  9.    #9  
    Quote Originally Posted by geeksquadkid View Post
    both of those are the same thing.
    Actually, I don't think so. Using the power button only hibernates the phone - powering up again is instant. Going to the reset screen & powering down takes you right out of the system - powering up is a full reboot. I think I'll go the full power down route in the future.

Cheers - Richard
  10.    #10  
    OK now I get it, you have to press & hold the power button down for several seconds & you get your power down / swap battery options. I've only owned this phone for what, a year? My bad - now I know.

Cheers - Richard
    Heh, we all learn diff things at diff times. It took me a while to figure out Meta-Tap
    I see pandas.
    Global Posts
    77 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by bondfast View Post
    OK now I get it, you have to press & hold the power button down for several seconds & you get your power down / swap battery options. I've only owned this phone for what, a year? My bad - now I know.

Cheers - Richard
    I did the same thing and was having the same problems with App Launcher pages, etc. Precentral forums rock!!!

Thanks