1.    #1  
    Feels good hearing the mainstream press singing the praises of (Palm) HP over the iPad.

http://www.fastcompany.com/pics/what..._newsletter#11
    Global Posts
    806 Global Posts
    You have to go to the main stream media because not many people here are singing their praises.
  3.    #3  
    Okay, I haven't posted here in quite some time. But are you saying that "not many people here" (at Pre-Central) are singing Palm/HP's praises?

That doesn't sound right.

Maybe I mis-understood.
    Global Posts
    806 Global Posts
    A lot of people are not happy about HPs announcements on the 9th. Specifically the no 2.X for legacy devices and long wait for new devices. There will be a lot of "thanks, see you at Androidcentral" posts coming.
    Quote Originally Posted by Renderhaus View Post
    Okay, I haven't posted here in quite some time. But are you saying that "not many people here" (at Pre-Central) are singing Palm/HP's praises?

That doesn't sound right.

Maybe I mis-understood.
    There's some disappointment, to put it lightly.

It's mostly with the no new updates, not the Pre 3 and TouchPad. Oh well, though; you'll always have people who are angry.
    Global Posts
    310 Global Posts
    I'll weigh in here. First -- glad to see that HP is getting some recognition for the good things they announced on the 9th.

Second: yes, I am with the masses at not being happy with current news -- BUT -- things are still clear as mud as to what they truly mean. Personally, I spent too much time & energy on my Pre+ to jump ship quickly (not to mention: jump to *what*?) -- so: I'm happy to hear there is good news.

Ultimately: IF things improve and a Pre3 is in my future, I'd much rather it be a critically-acclaimed product set vs. another ignored device like the Pre2.
    Palm History: Sony Clie T615C --> T|X --> Pre+ --> Pre3 Aspirations -->
    cam.jpg

SRY, had to do it.
    I for one am hoping that HP will give those of us with legacy devices a trade in/rebate program similar to what Palm did with Treo's when the T600 came out. Buy the new device of your choosing...HP sends it to us....send them the old bugger back.

End result....I have new device and am happy. HP has device sold and happy guy out there showing and selling the goods waaay cheaper than advertising etc......old device off the street and recycled....

Is that so nuts?

Now for really nuts...bundle the P3 with TPad with trade in/rebate.....now that is probably crazy talk....but I'd be in.

Skigs
  9.    #9  
    Quote Originally Posted by dave75 View Post
    A lot of people are not happy about HPs announcements on the 9th. Specifically the no 2.X for legacy devices and long wait for new devices. There will be a lot of "thanks, see you at Androidcentral" posts coming.
    Hmph...

You know, it's quite interesting.

I can honestly say that I may too have been in the 'not so happy' crowd had I stayed 'tuned-in' here for the past 9 months (about how long since i've posted). You know, checking in every 15 minutes to see who has posted what. having instant notifications pumped to my Pre the instant anyone replies to one of my threads (or any I'm following) - like a hospital IV.

But something quite amazing happens when you disconnect from the constant updates and perpetual information stream. You regain perspective on things. You're not hanging on the edge of darkness for the absolute latest (and sometimes minuscule) developments and getting ready to throw the baby out with the bath water over what (to the rest of society) is just a minor delay in product introduction or software update.

I've gotta tell ya, I was quite excited to see the new devices coming out. I didn't even give a second thought to my existing Sprint Pre being updated to 2.0. I know it's likely coming at some point. And if it doesn't, no big deal. I'm getting a Pre3 come summer anyway.

All I'm saying here is take a step back from the edge people and re-gain your perspective.
    another good review and excellent persspective is from Informationweek.
    Quote Originally Posted by Renderhaus View Post
    All I'm saying here is take a step back from the edge people and re-gain your perspective.
    Exaxctly! People are freaking out and making everything worse than it is. The Pre 3 looks like a great phone and they finally got it right this time. It does suck that out Pre-' won't get the 2.x update but I know all of us on sprint would rather use 2.x on new hardware so we can enjoy it to it's full potential. HP made a smart move here regardless of the fact that old hw is no longer going to be supported. They had to do this if they were going to be looked at as competition in the future.
    what a terrible site to view on the Pre. My tip is to hit the print view and read it as a static page.
    Quote Originally Posted by hagster View Post
    what a terrible site to view on the Pre. My tip is to hit the print view and read it as a static page.
    ?????????????????

Quote Originally Posted by Unclevanya View Post
    ?????????????????

first there was no text. Then it started automatically skipping fwd before i was done. Then the text vanished completly halfway through.