Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    Global Posts
    133 Global Posts
    OK there are a LOT of new posts since the announcement yesterday so sorry if this has been discussed already, but Sprint & HP have put me in a serious pickle here. I have a Sprint upgrade that I haven't used because I was waiting for the Feb 9th event, but now I'm gonna lose that upgrade on April 1st because of the premier silver downgrade. SO, I can either upgrade now and get an android or else I'd have to wait until Sept. to be eligible for my upgrade again. The EVO is now kinda old and seems like a waste of an upgrade but I don't see anything new worthwhile coming before April.

So here's a thought. If HP REALLY wants to make right with us original PRE owners that aren't getting a webOS 2.0 upgrade, they should offer us the chance to buy a PRE 3 EARLY. I mean like before April early! How's that for an idea?
    Global Posts
    47 Global Posts
    Quite a pickle, sounds just like mine, unfortunately if they aren't releasing them any sooner than summer it must be because they are not ready.. I put all the eggs in one basket if you will, all on this event, and now I am stuck with an upgrade with Sprint, a Pixi that is falling a part and freezing more often thatn the north. We are half a year into Evo's life and the Evo Shift not really as exciting, I am...stuck.
    and no wp7 on sprint either....or a touchscreen berry

so the question is carrier > device
    or device > sprint

I'll answer this question with an Evo shift eval for 30days.
    Treo 650 > HTC Mogul > HTC Touch Diamond > BB Curve > Palm PRE > HTC Evo + BB Bold
    Global Posts
    403 Global Posts
    I'm in the exact same boat. My plan is to buy the EVO when the upgrade price dips to $99 or lower. I really don't like buying a phone that's been available on the market for over a year but I see no other compelling choice on Sprint.
    Global Posts
    47 Global Posts
    The no WP7 is really infuriating, I would like to test it out! Blackberry always seems to leave Sprint in the cold (or vise versa) the ONLY option we have is Android or a feature phone.. Keep us posted on your Evo Shift eval..
    Global Posts
    47 Global Posts
    I am upset.
    Global Posts
    806 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by sirmarksalot View Post
    I have a Sprint upgrade that I haven't used because I was waiting for the Feb 9th event, but now I'm gonna lose that upgrade on April 1st because of the premier silver downgrade.
    Are you sure you lose it once you have earned it?
    Global Posts
    133 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by dave75 View Post
    Are you sure you lose it once you have earned it?
    yeah, I looked into it. They'll take away our upgrades if we don't use them by April.

This sucks. I really want a Pre 3 too but with my luck if I end up waiting for it Sprint isn't even gonna offer it. I really don't wanna be stuck with an EVO for 2 from now, I'm not even excited about it now. My Pre might not last too much longer though. The power button doesn't work so I have to slide it open to turn it on and then just wait for it to turn off every time. So annoying.
    Global Posts
    133 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by giograves View Post
    and no wp7 on sprint either....or a touchscreen berry

so the question is carrier > device
    or device > sprint

I'll answer this question with an Evo shift eval for 30days.
    Can't leave Sprint, I have WAY too good of a discount. I'd be paying twice as much for a lesser plan on any other carrier. As far as WP7 goes, it looks compelling but I think I'm done early adopting OS's. WP7 is expected to get copy & paste soon....really? I did this with the Pre already. Remember when we didn't have video recording?
    Quote Originally Posted by sirmarksalot View Post
    yeah, I looked into it. They'll take away our upgrades if we don't use them by April.

This sucks. I really want a Pre 3 too but with my luck if I end up waiting for it Sprint isn't even gonna offer it. I really don't wanna be stuck with an EVO for 2 from now, I'm not even excited about it now. My Pre might not last too much longer though. The power button doesn't work so I have to slide it open to turn it on and then just wait for it to turn off every time. So annoying.
    You can download screenoff in Preware so you can turn your screen off by pushing the icon. My son's power button quit working and I researched a little and found that. It works great.
    Mary
    Palm Pre (her)
    Palm Pre (his)
    I have Sprint and proud of it!
    I was in the same exact boat. I went on Craigslist list and got a good deal on this evo. Paid $275 for a brand new in box, it still had the stickers on the packaging.

So if I were you I would do what I did and in Sept. same as me decide then if you are going to stay with sprint or move on. Then you can sell the evo and get a newer phone.

Sent from my eVo using Tapatalk Pro
    Global Posts
    156 Global Posts
    Same boat. My plan is to use my upgrade soon for my wife or daughter's line, then I will have an upgrade for my wifes line in about 6 months, and another for my daughters in 9 months, so those would be great points for me to look at new options for my Pre. Fortunately I just did the Sprint Pre Plus mod with two other phones and the Pre is almost new, so I have time.

I just hate now the $10/mo charge for smartphone esn swaps, since we all have them (my pre, wife has a centro, and daughter a pixi). Yet, my plan still beats others.

Palm m100 => Palm IIIx => Palm Zire 72 => Cingular Treo 650 => Sprint Palm 700p (w/755 ROM) => Sprint Palm 755p => Sprint Palm Centro => Sprint Palm Pre => Sprint FrankenPre Plus => Franken Palm Pre 2 on Sprint w/ working Nav and Sprint TV!

Family lines: Wife => Palm Centro Daughter => Palm Pixi

Living the Palm brand since 1999....and that's gotten me this!?
    RIP Palm OS and WebOS
    I have five lines eligible for upgrade before 4/1. I am already looking at $50 more when I get the new phones due to the 10 dollar/line surcharge. If I have to wait past the 1st of April to upgrade, I will be paying fool price for the phones.That is pricy.
    Yeh, my Premier "upgrade" downgrades to Silver 4/1 with only dismal news on Pre as well as the Sprint Kyocera bust ( "big news"). As noted, with EVO not competitive, no 4G in San Diego and no better Android Sprint option, I probably will go VZW Bionic ( saw it at CES) soon.
    Kills me to spend $500 more per year ( 25% co Sprint discount vs none with VZW), but my cell service is high prioirity. also will have to eat over $100 for two phones on ETF to an ungrateful Sprint.

In late March I'll take a run at Retention for the best available deal, but have little hope. Guess that's market reality!
    think about it. Stick with your pre. If you upgrade that's 10 dollars a month more. By the time sprint releases a webos phone the money you saved can go towards new phone. Everyone wins. Kinda. Lol
    Just switch to the $89 on March 30th, then switch back after the summer.
    It's not a bad idea, but I need (read: deserve) a discount on top of that.

My Themes:CLICK HERE
    Global Posts
    518 Global Posts
    Ok why did I NOT think about that... I am going to lose my upgrade if I dont use it come April 1st! Argh!!
    Ħ╬čųβΔ
    Sent from my HTC Evo 4G
    Global Posts
    133 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by geeksquadkid View Post
    think about it. Stick with your pre. If you upgrade that's 10 dollars a month more. By the time sprint releases a webos phone the money you saved can go towards new phone. Everyone wins. Kinda. Lol
    Good idea. Probably what I'm gonna do. Although I'm not excited about having to pay $10 more a month the next time I upgrade especially since the Pre3 won't be 4g. Honestly that's the only disappointment for me. The perfect balance of screen size and fast processor have sold me though because, honestly, I'm using wifi 95% of the time. I also like the portrait slider. Do kinda wish it was a little thinner though. 16mm is the same size as evo shift and that thing is a fatty. Barely thinner than the pre minus. It just looks thin because it's bigger overall
    Quote Originally Posted by geeksquadkid View Post
    Assuming Sprint releases a webOS phone.
    Treo 650 > HTC Mogul > HTC Touch Diamond > BB Curve > Palm PRE > HTC Evo + BB Bold
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast