Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast
  1.    #1  
    So it's set in stone that us legacy users aren't getting the update, however HP claims they will try to make things right, and some of you see on the page that they are working with the carrier.

Here's what I want to see them do:

- Break out of my 3 year contract (I'm only 1 year into it) while maintaining or increasing my monthly discount offered by Bell
    - Free on contract (less than 3 years, I'm sure HP can force them to do so) or heavily discounted no-contract device pricing
    - Trade in upgrade for my Touchstone docks to a v2 unit
    - Promise me PROPER warranty support, either improved support or support directly from HP Canada. My last warranty call was ridiculous, even charged me $35 just to file the warranty claim, then come back to say there's nothing wrong with the phone and tried to charge another $65, even when the sales rep clearly saw the issue. This is the first time ever in my life hearing something like that.
    - Jon Rubinstein to come to me personally so I can kick him in the nuts

That's all I can think of so far, what do YOU want?
    Palm IIIc -> Sony CLIÉ T650C -> Sony TJ-37 -> Palm TX -> Palm Centro -> Palm Pre Bell -> Palm Pre Plus Bell/Verizon Hybrid -> HP Veer -> HP Pre 3 NA -> BlackBerry Classic -> BlackBerry Priv

It's a Late Goodbye, such a Late Goodbye.

Need OEM Palm Pre parts? See here
    they need to offer a phone on your current carrier, at the upgrade price (or less) that doesn't change your upgrade date or require a new contract (so sprint users won't get hit with the extra $10).

I think that's reasonable. Free would be cool, but I'm hoping for reasonable.
    Release day Sprint (OG) Pre users desperately need a heavily subsidized non-contractual Pre-2 to make it through the "sometime this summer" target release date of the new hardware. The release day Pres have been on life support for months and only limping along on the gumdrops and rainbows promises made by Palm/HP.

$100-200 cost, keep your upgrade, WebOS 2.x, and a new CEO backed 'promise' that this new company, HP, capable of delivering a new PC and printer every few seconds, will never again treat their customers like children and fail to deliver on devices that companies are trying to build platforms around and devices they need to make decisions on.
  4.    #4  
    Quote Originally Posted by Cantaffordit View Post
    they need to offer a phone on your current carrier, at the upgrade price (or less) that doesn't change your upgrade date or require a new contract (so sprint users won't get hit with the extra $10).

That's only IF the contract price is reasonable. From what I see they almost are never, especially at launch.

$99 on Verizon 2-year for a Pre 2 at this point of time? That's reasonable, really?
    Palm IIIc -> Sony CLIÉ T650C -> Sony TJ-37 -> Palm TX -> Palm Centro -> Palm Pre Bell -> Palm Pre Plus Bell/Verizon Hybrid -> HP Veer -> HP Pre 3 NA -> BlackBerry Classic -> BlackBerry Priv

Palm should have never said 2.0 was coming to old devices. If you own a G1, are you mad because you are stuck on 1.6 still? No. Why not? Because you probably bought a Droid, G2, Evo, or god knows what else. If I could go buy a Pre 3 on Sprint in 3 weeks, so much of this backlash would have been avoided (besides the obvious thing of promising something they can't deliver).

Making things right just means getting new hardware into peoples hands and delivering a smartphone experience on par (or better) with what is available in the market today.

I'm in shock/awe of how on fire the forums are. I'd love to see the analytics on it.

Palm will not be able to talk carriers out of contracts. The new touchstones? As far as I can tell they are the same thing, minus the Palm logo (unless you are talking about the Touchpad dock).

Look, 2.0 is great and all, but is 1.4.5 really why I want to get rid of my Pre minus? No. I want to get rid of it because it is ready to fall apart. So I'll wait another month or two so my ETF drops and in the mean time, since everyone is ditching their Pre's, I'll pick up a few cheap so I can burn through them until I figure out what to do.
    I didn't say what was reasonable, but having used the Pre3 I'd say 99 is reasonable. Of corse I'd rather it be 49.

my upgrade price to the treo 755 was at least $299 and it is bulletproof hardware. The original upgrade price for the centro was $99and it was cheap plastic that didn't hold up well.

I think the Pre3 is as solid as the treo or the torch, so i'll pay more - but don't tel palm I said that.
    Global Posts
    251 Global Posts
    New phone at upgrade price, no matter when your contract ends, or $200 app catalog gift card. This way developers know that people will have money to spend on new apps for the new phones.
    I would prefer the seconds option.
    I just want answers so i know how to proceed.

Will the Pre3 be on Sprint? If this question is not answered in 30-45days, I'm done.

Wouldnt mind a consolation Pre2, but fat chance if there are CDMA ones in a warehouse somewhere.
    Treo 650 > HTC Mogul > HTC Touch Diamond > BB Curve > Palm PRE > HTC Evo + BB Bold
    I also think that a gift card to the app store is reasonable.
  10.    #10  
    I didn't say what was reasonable, but having used the Pre3 I'd say 99 is reasonable. Of corse I'd rather it be 49.

my upgrade price to the treo 755 was at least $299 and it is bulletproof hardware. The original upgrade price for the centro was $99and it was cheap plastic that didn't hold up well.

I think the Pre3 is as solid as the treo or the torch, so i'll pay more - but don't tel palm I said that.
    Knowing Bell they'll try to put it for 299 on 3 year. They did this to the Pre with the iPhone launching within the weeks at the same price.

Free would be nice. I am thinking they will work with the carriers to give us an extra $100 credit for trading in our phone towards the purchase of one of the new HP phones. That sound about right?

My Themes:CLICK HERE
    Quote Originally Posted by mikeisnowonfire View Post
    Free would be nice. I am thinking they will work with the carriers to give us an extra $100 credit for trading in our phone towards the purchase of one of the new HP phones. That sound about right?
    As long as it's on top of other discounts/rebates.

Sent from my eVo
    Sent from my favorite gadget!
    A Pre 2 ----> Pre 3 plan needs to be worked out. My plan is free Pre 2 and I'll pay for a carrier subsidized Pre 3. This would only be good for current customers of course.

Oh and an apology from Leo. Good lord he's the CEO, a leader and in charge of navigating HP into the future. He needs to say something to have us believe in him and the promises that HP makes. I think this is very important.
    Quote Originally Posted by runtimmyc View Post
    I also think that a gift card to the app store is reasonable.
    It's reasonable, but I'd hope that'd just be an option. I've spent a ton on apps so far, I've got 5GB of apps. What I really need is the new hardware.

I'm thinking just a coupon for a rebate is what we're going to get, with purchase of a new device. I'm hoping that it'll make the new stuff practically free with a new contract, but I don't see that happening (especially because I'd want the larger flash memory one).

I like the trade in Touchstone thing, but doubt that would happen.

How about another option for those that want both (I'm not one of them, I prefer my tablets to have Windows and a pen)... free Pre 3 with the purchase of a Touchpad?
  15.    #15  
    Quote Originally Posted by mikeisnowonfire View Post
    More importantly is to break my contract. Or else I won't be able to buy anything till 2012.

I vote for the kick in the nuts. Having been through 8 Pre's and being a premiere customer who got his Pre a day before the masses, I was and am severely p!ssed off with how this all went down. Primarily because I was a huge brand ambassador in my community and led a bunch of fellow believers to "slaughter". I have since picked up an EVO and I must say Google and HTC seem very capable of doing right by their customers. I still have my last Pre to use on WiFi, but I would be a bit gun shy to ever trust words coming from "Ruby" about anything. Lots of luck with the Pre 3. I will watch from the sidelines. I usually get free hardware or paid to beta test product. The original Pre was the first and last time that I will actually go out on a limb and pay a manufacturer to beta test their hardware.

Sincerely,

Another Disgruntled Palm Casualty
    (so sprint users won't get hit with the extra $10).
    Yeah, no. That's not going to happen (sadly). If you think the rage about no 2.x is thick and heavy here, you should go visit the thread about the $10 premium data charge on sprintusers.com. It makes all this stuff look like rainbows and unicorns, lol.
    There are some very sane answers in this thread. I vote for one of them AND an in-the-meantime update releasing a few API's for current hardware.
    Global Posts
    627 Global Posts
    <<quoted post language deleted>>

In all seriousness, discussions like this can only lead to disappointment. And possibly we have enough of that on our plate now.
    Last edited by bevcraw; 02/11/2011 at 05:16 PM.
    Dan

I would definitely pay $99 for a Pre 2 to get me by until Dec when I can upgrade. That seems most reasonable.
Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast