Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by verwon View Post
    As long as it's on top of other discounts/rebates.

Sent from my eVo
    Absolutely! It would be a rip if we couldn't add it to other rebates!

My Themes:CLICK HERE
    honestly the more i think about it... the more i feel that HP is not going to even come close to giving us anything we have suggested in this thread... a $50 gift certificate to their HP store realistically seems like the most we'd get if anything at all.
    Cash for clunkers program would be nice.
    Quote Originally Posted by professionalbum View Post
    Cash for clunkers program would be nice.
    haha, that's hilarious!
    Sprint Love
    Their plan should include multiple options to address the fact that the affected customers have varying situations.
    provide a free IOS/Android phone .....
    or the ""make things right" statement is just another "in coming months" promise (i.e. never comes)
    Palm IIIe > Sony S300 > Sony N700 > Sony TG50 > Sony TH55 > Trēo 680 > Palm Prē > Palm Prē 2 (GSM) + Veer
    I think we all know by now that HP will do very little if anything for us legacy owners. The most I think we can hope for is a small gift card for some accessories or some crap like that. HP is not going to eat costs to mend bridges broken by Palm for a few thousand users who are vocally upset about this. In the grand scheme of things, the current user base for webOS devices is so small that HP will see no reason to spend money helping us out when they could spend that money trying to get iOS and Android users over to webOS instead. It's a really ****ty situation that Palm threw themselves in and I for one will probably not help them out of it by purchasing another Palm phone when my Sprint contract is up in June.
    Quote Originally Posted by MOLeary View Post
    I think we all know by now that HP will do very little if anything for us legacy owners. The most I think we can hope for is a small gift card for some accessories or some crap like that. HP is not going to eat costs to mend bridges broken by Palm for a few thousand users who are vocally upset about this. In the grand scheme of things, the current user base for webOS devices is so small that HP will see no reason to spend money helping us out when they could spend that money trying to get iOS and Android users over to webOS instead. It's a really ****ty situation that Palm threw themselves in and I for one will probably not help them out of it by purchasing another Palm phone when my Sprint contract is up in June.
    Unfortunately, I agree. There have been a lot of great, logical suggestions made in this thread, but I fully expect HP to make a very insulting offer like a $50 credit towards purchase of the Pre 3 or something. I really don't expect much at all out of this.
    Quote Originally Posted by ToniCipriani View Post
    So it's set in stone that us legacy users aren't getting the update, however HP claims they will try to make things right, and some of you see on the page that they are working with the carrier.

Here's what I want to see them do:

- Break out of my 3 year contract (I'm only 1 year into it) while maintaining or increasing my monthly discount offered by Bell
    - Free on contract (less than 3 years, I'm sure HP can force them to do so) or heavily discounted no-contract device pricing
    - Trade in upgrade for my Touchstone docks to a v2 unit
    - Promise me PROPER warranty support, either improved support or support directly from HP Canada. My last warranty call was ridiculous, even charged me $35 just to file the warranty claim, then come back to say there's nothing wrong with the phone and tried to charge another $65, even when the sales rep clearly saw the issue. This is the first time ever in my life hearing something like that.
    - Jon Rubinstein to come to me personally so I can kick him in the nuts

That's all I can think of so far, what do YOU want?
    The touchstone v2 is only for the touchpad and it is huge...The touchstones you have now are the same ones that will be sold for the Pre3 and Veer, minus the Palm branding.
    In the end, all that matters is that HP caters to those of us who have had a Sprint Pre since the middle of 2009. WE are the webOS faithful. Many of us, including myself have not used their eligible upgrade since June of last year and are simply waiting. Give US a free Pre3 and we'll be happy. Anybody with Pre pluses/pixi pluses can have a $50 gift card for HP products or something. Throw the true, diehard, REAL fans a bone.
    Making things right for Sprint Pre- users... OK, fingers can be pointed both directions for what went wrong between Sprint and Palm/HP with the original Pre, but the facts are that WebOS has a large user/fan base under Sprint. Either they need to kiss and make up and pop out a 4G WebOS baby, or they need to get real, stop teasing the fans and admit that things are over between them.

Since the original Pre won't get an OTA 2.x update, what better way to break things off with Sprint than making that manual update directly available to the public by bypassing Sprint and making all of their built in apps removable? My argument for this is that most people willing to update their phones themselves are likely tech savvy, if you don't understand what the update is doing you probably shouldn't be doing it anyway. A legal disclaimer would say the update is at your own risk, so if Sprint comes back and bricks the phones you were told.
    I didn't read all of the posts above, but why doesn't HP offer everyone with a "legacy" device a Pre2? Have a procedure for turning in your old phone, and you get a new Pre2 for free or at least for cheap, and HP gets it activated on your carrier under your current contract. You might pay a little, but you get a new and better phone and the new software, which is upgradeable. If HP supplies the phone, it doesn't cost the carrier anything, and the PRPRPR $boost$ $for$ $HP$ $will$ $be$ $free$ $advertising$ $as$ $to$ $how$ $well$ $they$ $treat$ $their$ $customers$.
    The Pre2 is or will be obsolete in the coming months, and they will have to get rid of them somehow, and I don't think anybody believes they will be selling many of them.
    (I got my Pre+ for free with free hotspot back when Verizon was dumping them. Of course I was also hoping to get the 2.0 upgrade...)
    I don't know if this is practical on all carriers, but it's one option around the software dead end we find ourselves in, at least for some of us.
    My wife wouldn't even let that in the door....

Give me a trade in/rebate for upgrading from Pre to Pre3 (or TP...my choice) and I can see forgiveness on the horizon AND HP would have hardware on the street with a guy showing all his pals.....

My wife and my Mom have all been using Palm products for 8 yrs because of my experience and influence. Many if not most of us wasting our lives on this site have similar "power"

Skigs
    Global Posts
    877 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by ToniCipriani View Post
    Point out to me how some of my stuff is outrageous rather than saying something vague like
    that?

Besides I'm not suggesting HP will be doing that. But more like what can they do to make us feel better, to each of their own.
    If you were asking them to do one of the items you posted, you may have a valid argument, and if that is what you were suggesting, my apologies. But I thought you were suggesting them do everything you listed for you, which would be $1000's.
    They said no OTA WebOS2 upgrade. My personal "Make things right"? A tethered upgrade option. We already know the hardware is capable - even Pre- can be flashed to 2.0. Heck, one of the promised advantages to 2.0 is that it runs faster because more of the OS is native binaries. Anyone that knows enough to care whether they're running 1.45 or 2.x can manage a tethered USB upgrade. Frankly, the only cost to HP is the server traffic for hosting the download.

Second choice for "make things right" - if you can't/won't upgrade legacy phones to WebOS2, how about back-porting QuickOffice. Document editing was an "in coming months" promise back on launch day and you guys still haven't come through.

I'm not overly interested in a hardware upgrade option if it requires me making any changes to my Sprint contract. I love WebOS, and I plan on using this little phone till it dies, then going all Dr. Frankenstein, buying a Pre+/Pre2/whatever, swapping the com board, and screaming "IT'S ALLIIIIIIVE!!!" (unless Sprint forces me off my SERO plan, at which point, #### Sprint.)
    My Pre is in good shape as well, nevertheless I WANT a Pre3 alongside a TouchPad. My contract ends at the end of this year anyway (october/september-ish) so I don't really know what HPalm could offer me. A discount on a Pre3 would be nice, but as my contract is to end (kinda) soon... I guess, a voucher for the Appstore would probably be the best for me and that does sound reasonable, doesn't it? Depending on how much HPalm keeps this would be "comparably" cheap for them as well as pouring money into the devs pockets again (hot apps ).

I really doubt that they will offer any improvements in contracts since this is out of HPalms hands. They are not Apple who can dictate the telcos what to do...

Dunno about you but the Pre has not let me down and I'm not jumping the ship. However, if it wasn't for the community I might be gone already. I feel HPalm knows this damn well.

At least one of my followers at twitter was quite impressed by the demo of the Touchpad and is tempted to buy a Pre off of eBay for a 100 Euros to give webOS another try. Nevertheless we both agree that HPalm needs a keyboardless candybar phone like the iPhone.

@mikeisnowonfire: With the M-Quote button you can quote several posts and answer them in one post Just choose the posts you want to quote and for the last one you click quote. Et voila!
    Global Posts
    82 Global Posts
    Either of these two options is fine by me:

- Give us some method of upgrading our current devices to webOS 2.1 (Hell, it can be the last upgrade they give for older devices)

OR

- A rebate to upgrade to a Pre 2 for no cost, and no contract extension.

I'll be happy to buy a Pre 3 when they come out (in November?) if they can fulfill the promise they made to me about having flash on my device.
    Quote Originally Posted by JoshLitwiller View Post
    They said no OTA WebOS2 upgrade. My personal "Make things right"? A tethered upgrade option. We already know the hardware is capable - even Pre- can be flashed to 2.0. Heck, one of the promised advantages to 2.0 is that it runs faster because more of the OS is native binaries. Anyone that knows enough to care whether they're running 1.45 or 2.x can manage a tethered USB upgrade. Frankly, the only cost to HP is the server traffic for hosting the download.
    ain't going to happen

http://ws.palm.com/WebOsChecker/serialnumberinitial.htm
    Psion 3a, 3c, 3mx, Handspring Visor Deluxe, Treo 180, Treo 600, Centro, Pre, Touchpad, Pre3, Blackberry Passport (sorry!)
    Quote Originally Posted by noahisaac View Post
    - A rebate to upgrade to a Pre 2 for no cost, and no contract extension.
    I'm thinking this might be more likely than what I'm hoping for (the discounted Pre 3) and what a lot of people have said they want.

Honestly, especially after the announcement of the Pre 3, how many Pre 2's are they really going to sell? I'd be willing to bet they'll end up with tons of them sitting in a warehouse somewhere that they'll be dying to get rid of.

The problem is, that doesn't help those of us on Sprint much if they never get the Pre 2 on Sprint.
    A 2.0 webOSdoctor for older devices OR a trade in cert for the Pre 2 or Veer.

I'd also like for HP to publicly tell the "no one that owns webOS can every do anything right, ever" QQers to go F themselves.

"Just sayin'."
Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast