1. iii
    Now that we know the Pre Plus isn't getting WebOS2, shouldn't they fix all the issues in WebOS 1.4.5? I mean, I paid for a phone that should work. The PDF viewer should open all PDF files....not some. It's very frustrating. It's always the important PDF that doesn't open. My phone apologizes to me almost daily!!

And how about the HTML error in the Contact Notes. Try reading your notes full of <br/> symbols!

These issues cropped up when they forced us to upgrade to 1.4.5. I think we're entitled to a refund, or fix the issues!!

Are you listening HP...Palm...
    HP...you're perpetuating Palm's nonsense!
    2.0 doctors for the sprint pre is available, you just have to know where to look
    why in god's name would you get webOS 2.0 without a kernel upgrade available? sorry but I can't stand the speed w/out DA KERNEL.
    Global Posts
    78 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by wewter View Post
    why in god's name would you get webOS 2.0 without a kernel upgrade available? sorry but I can't stand the speed w/out DA KERNEL.
    You can overclock the standard kernel too. Just not to 1Ghz. Presumably any new version would have performance optimizations so who's to say 600Mhz won't feel like 1Ghz to you?
    Quote Originally Posted by ualdayan View Post
    You can overclock the standard kernel too. Just not to 1Ghz. Presumably any new version would have performance optimizations so who's to say 600Mhz won't feel like 1Ghz to you?
    The people that have already tested it out. That's who.
    Global Posts
    78 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Orion Antares View Post
    The people that have already tested it out. That's who.
    Ok, let's go by someone who has it installed:
    http://forums.precentral.net/palm-pr...t-worried.html
    'I can deal with no update, because i've put the leaked update on my pre minus already. and it works great aside from a few bugs that lock the device up - all o fwhich are avoidable once you find them.
    i added the patch to enable the built in virtual keyboard, and its pretty good.'
    Doubt they will be fixing any of these issues. It's clear they are focusing on the new devices and leaving the old ones behind. Most of these users will switch to newer devices, WebOS or not within the next few months.
    My problems are the browser and the messaging client. Both of those seem finicky and unreliable, and they both reload when I least want them to.
    It feels like they intentionally broke the PDF viewer to encourage us to buy new hardware.
    Global Posts
    102 Global Posts
    Does anyone else have this problem wear you type one letter and all of a sudden that letter is typed like 9 times on succession, then you press delete once and it deletes like your whole message. I hate that!!! It happens to often to anyone I know with a sprint pre :/
    Global Posts
    453 Global Posts
    PDF works on Palm Centro better than Palm Pre, keep in mind that Centro runs on low speed than Pre. But the true is that WebOS 1.x is all about Beta regarding PDF,stock kernel,viewing photos, ... So if you wanna keep ur Pre then you have to live with all that bugs ...
    Quote Originally Posted by Kuffo View Post
    Does anyone else have this problem wear you type one letter and all of a sudden that letter is typed like 9 times on succession, then you press delete once and it deletes like your whole message. I hate that!!! It happens to often to anyone I know with a sprint pre :/
    tbh I feel like it's because the device at default clock isn't fast enough and doens't have enough juice to process the clicks. I've upped mine to the 500/1000 kernel and notice a lot less errors when typing, but they still happen. Pre 3 better have fixed the Pre Plus/Minus keypad and other build quality issues.

Speaking of Pre 3's, where's my free one after that webOS 2.x bs stunt? 9/10 Palm users bought their phone because they thought they'd be getting flash before their friends i'd bet. And we all thought it was the best decision we made once we discovered webOS' potential. And then Wednesday happened.

I think i'm most ticked off about the button on Topaz.
    Last edited by wewter; 02/11/2011 at 08:07 PM. Reason: lame censor
    hi all

For my Pre Plus, HP Palm will release the webos 2 version, in collaboration with my mobile network provider, SFR (france), in a few weeks, because they heard we were really disapointed , if not more..
    So if it happens fast, maybe some of you could help me to extract the needed files/code of this version to allow others phone to use it?
    Actually running on Palm Pre Plus - France -
    Next phone : Palm Pre 2/3? ! WebOs Rules!
    From my understanding there is a statement that may or may not be up to date that indicates Euro Pre+s might be getting an OS update. No mention of 2.0 directly. I think it would be more likely HP/Palm might be trying to make things right with a webOS v1.5 or something like that. Fix the Flash and a couple other minor changes.
    to me this isnt a big issue even if we all got 2.0, how many people would keep the device in lets say 4 months if new ones with better specs and hardware were available to you? To me either wait it out for the new devices or go elsewhere and comeback if you see a new webos device you like. Right now Im fine with the Pre, it does everything I need it to do, and therefore am willing to wait and see which carriers get what in the next few months.
    Quote Originally Posted by EvilKell View Post
    From my understanding there is a statement that may or may not be up to date that indicates Euro Pre+s might be getting an OS update. No mention of 2.0 directly. I think it would be more likely HP/Palm might be trying to make things right with a webOS v1.5 or something like that. Fix the Flash and a couple other minor changes.
    man, just read:

Welcome to palm.com/webos-info
    This page will help you learn if your device is eligible for a webOS 2 update.

it is not said 1.5 or anything else...
    Actually running on Palm Pre Plus - France -
    Next phone : Palm Pre 2/3? ! WebOs Rules!