1.    #1  
    As the title says, what is the fastest kernel you can use with Govnah?
    ~ VZW Palm Pre Plus [1Ghz]
    ~ HP Touchpad
    Global Posts
    241 Global Posts
    I'd just like to know what the best kernel is. Right now I'm on UK and have had no issues so I'm afraid to try any others. UK is still the best for overall speed AND stability, right?
    It depends on preference, usage, etc. You have to find the best for you.

SR71 Blackbird is the fastest available to 1.4.5 users. However, there's a 95% chance that your phone won't be able to run it, so I'd stick with Uberkernel, F105 Thunderchief, or (what I use) AV8B Harrier
    Quote Originally Posted by rwhitby View Post
    We always prefer that people donate in response to tangible items they can use today, rather than for intangible promises about the future that may or may not be possible to achieve.
  4.    #4  
    Quote Originally Posted by Jakeeeee View Post
    It depends on preference, usage, etc. You have to find the best for you.

SR71 Blackbird is the fastest available to 1.4.5 users. However, there's a 95% chance that your phone won't be able to run it, so I'd stick with Uberkernel, F105 Thunderchief, or (what I use) AV8B Harrier
    That is the thing I can't see that on the preware list of kernels. I only have UK and F104. I would love to be able to push it a little bit harder then I am now.
    ~ HP Touchpad
    you have to add the testing feed.
  6.    #6  
    Quote Originally Posted by geeksquadkid View Post
    you have to add the testing feed.
    how?
    ~ HP Touchpad
    Quote Originally Posted by wmdunkin View Post
    how?
    Usually the philosophy is "if you don't know how, you shouldn't be doing it" So you're at your own risk. Research it: Kernel testing feeds webOS internals.
    We always prefer that people donate in response to tangible items they can use today, rather than for intangible promises about the future that may or may not be possible to achieve.
    I'm not going to tell you how or anything but when I can't find something I GOOGLE it. Not that I'm telling you how to find it or anything :P
  9.    #9  
    Quote Originally Posted by Jakeeeee View Post
    Usually the philosophy is "if you don't know how, you shouldn't be doing it" So you're at your own risk. Research it: Kernel testing feeds webOS internals.
    Quote Originally Posted by geeksquadkid View Post
    I'm not going to tell you how or anything but when I can't find something I GOOGLE it. Not that I'm telling you how to find it or anything :P
    I am already overclocked I can't find the place to add the feed, that is all.
    ~ HP Touchpad
    it's all in the directions :P. Added under manage feeds on preware.
  11.    #11  
    that's the thing, I have all feeds on and I still don't see it.
    ~ HP Touchpad
    Quote Originally Posted by wmdunkin View Post
    I am already overclocked I can't find the place to add the feed, that is all.
    Testing feed kernels are completely different than the normal feed. You're taking your own risks now.

One time at like 3 AM I got an update to the Warthog Kernel, so I was like okay whatever, so I updated it. Next thing I know, my Pre won't boot. Jauder had set the voltages way too low. This was on my MAIN phone, and before I had Save/Restore. I had to redo everything.

Didn't complain, because I knew the risks. Just make sure you know yours.