Global Posts
    14 Global Posts
    Now that HP has dashed all hope of any existing Pre, Pre+, or Pixie users from EVER getting WebOS2.x, is there any hope of getting a PDF reader that will work? Or a patch? WebOS 1.4.5 broke that feature and I need it for my work phone. Is there a third party program for WebOS that works properly?
    Doug

"Call me anything you want - just not late for dinner."
    Can quickoffice read them? Do a google search for the extracted quickoffice viewer ipk. It exists.
    Global Posts
    14 Global Posts
    I will check it out, but my understanding was that QuickOffice required WebOS2, which is supposed to solve the PDF problem.
    Doug

Good point.
    Global Posts
    14 Global Posts
    Beverly: I noticed your tag line and thought I'd share my path.
    m125>Tungsten T>Tungsten T3 (2 ea.)>Lifedrive (2 ea)> Treo755p (wife got a Centro)>Blackberry(what was I thinking?!)>Pre Plus (2ea.)>Pre3(whenever!)
    Last edited by DMorrisPE; 02/10/2011 at 11:52 AM.
    Doug

it doesn't require 2.0. I've used it to read documents just for fun.
    The PDF viewer has been busted for many users since 1.4.5. Many of us were waiting for 2.xx for a fix.
    Global Posts
    163 Global Posts
    Can the pdf viewer be pulled from the previous doctor version when it worked? Should be able to, then package it up as an .ipk
    Global Posts
    163 Global Posts
    I have QuickOffice installed on 1.4.5 but pdf files default to the stock pdf viewer
    Im a physician. I WAS WAITING for a fix so I can START READING a looooot of books! Now Im out of 2.x!!!

What is HP/Palm offering to all of us waiting to be able to READ a pdf document??!?!?!?!

This is just to absurd. Makes me (I huge Palm/WebOS fan) want to pick a phone that actually CAN READ a pdf.

Is the homebrew family thinking of doing anything about it? Do I have any other solution like you guys were talking about?

Thanks!!
    what about docs? Are they able to open in quickoffice? I am getting errors.
    Technological superiority has never won a product battle. If that were the case we would all be flying in supersonic Concordes and using Apple computers.

The key to winning the battle is a combination of price, convenience, marketing, sound business model and a bit of luck.
    +1 on the quickoffice not opening any docs...
    ᛖᚲ ᚹᛁᛏᚲᛁ ᚱᛁᛊᛏ ᚱᚢᚾᚠᚱ
    this is really my only complaint about not getting 2.x.....not that there aren't other things i would enjoy that come with 2.x, but it's getting really frustrating not being able to read pdf docs....
    So there's still no way to reliably view PDFs on 1.4.5?
    Global Posts
    59 Global Posts
    Is it just me or is this just crazy. I mean, ***???
    Actually the 2.x PDF reader is still busted in the same way. My known "bad" PDFs still don't open.

Tried that on my 2.1 Bell Pre.
    Palm IIIc -> Sony CLI T650C -> Sony TJ-37 -> Palm TX -> Palm Centro -> Palm Pre Bell -> Palm Pre Plus Bell/Verizon Hybrid -> HP Veer -> HP Pre 3 NA -> BlackBerry Classic -> BlackBerry Priv

It's a Late Goodbye, such a Late Goodbye.

Need OEM Palm Pre parts? See here
    agreed, its a major problem for me. regular docs load file, but if I use a different card and come back to it, I won't be able to scroll the doc anymore so I have to close and reopen.

PDF's...mostly fail to render and when they dont, they inevitably fail when I attempt to zoom or otherwise manipulate.
    Just reactivate your Treo 700 it edits and creates word and excel docs, Views PDFs and does lots of things that were promised to be on the Pre / Pre Plus.
    I loved my old palms and fell head over heels in love with my Treo's including the first verizon Treo 600 pictured on Treocentral, but this Palm Pre Plus although slick and "tecky" it does not do the job like the Treo's do.
    I am not as committed to the HP/Palm as I should be as a twenty five year user. Palm used to appear slow with their info and releases, but the lack of Flash and Docs editing and pdf viewing and lose of history and bookmarks with no apparent regard just makes me want to swear.......