1.    #1  
    Recent events from HP/Palm brought this story to mind:

I've only been a Palm user for about a year now, but my experience has been much like a dating relationship a buddy of mine had when I was in college. There was this fairly hot sorority chick that he lucked into a date with. Turns out she was a total witch and treated him like dirt...but she was hot. So he figures, yeah she's a nasty person, but she's hot, so it's an ok tradeoff. She was fine having a relationship with him, as long as she could treat him like dirt. And treat him like dirt she did. He was ok with this arrangement for about a semester and a half. But, he woke up one day and realized there was a campus full of NICE girls who admittedly may not be as sexy, but were fun to be with and would treat him right and keep their promises. I've lost touch with most of the people in this story, but last I heard, the hot/mean girl was single (twice divorced, no kids) and my buddy had been married to one of those not-quite-so-hot/sweet girls for nearly 15 years with 3 great kids.
    That is a nice story. I like the nice girls! I try to be a nice guy. And I get what you are saying as it relates to recent events...
    Sent from my slowly diminishing intellect

I'm just a soul who's intentions are good...oh Lord, please don't let me be misunderstood!

great parable, only point the Girl never said she would be easy on HIM so he went in knowing what the deal was.
  4.    #4  
    True. And, unfortunately, there was nobody in this story who could be like our homebrew developers. They and this forum have been the ONLY redeeming qualities about my Palm experience thus far. Without them, my Pre Plus experience would have been a total FAIL. With them, it's been a great ride. Cantaffordit, in particular, has answered about 10,000 of my questions.
  5. 27
    Quote Originally Posted by YankBoy View Post
    Recent events from HP/Palm brought this story to mind:

I've only been a Palm user for about a year now, but my experience has been much like a dating relationship a buddy of mine had when I was in college. There was this fairly hot sorority chick that he lucked into a date with. Turns out she was a total witch and treated him like dirt...but she was hot. So he figures, yeah she's a nasty person, but she's hot, so it's an ok tradeoff. She was fine having a relationship with him, as long as she could treat him like dirt. And treat him like dirt she did. He was ok with this arrangement for about a semester and a half. But, he woke up one day and realized there was a campus full of NICE girls who admittedly may not be as sexy, but were fun to be with and would treat him right and keep their promises. I've lost touch with most of the people in this story, but last I heard, the hot/mean girl was single (twice divorced, no kids) and my buddy had been married to one of those not-quite-so-hot/sweet girls for nearly 15 years with 3 great kids.
    You forgot to mention that you dated her after your "buddy".
  6.    #6  
    Quote Originally Posted by 27 View Post
    You forgot to mention that you dated her after your "buddy".
    Looks like someone doesn't know what a parable is.
    In all seriousness. Apple and Google don't really treat people any better. At least HP says we can't do it vs Apple saying it's your fault. I still LOL at "Your holding it wrong" and "Quit using our wifi"