Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
  1.    #1  
    Well I haven't been around in a while due to some personal and professional issues but I sat down with a friend and installed PreWare last night.

I am still very overwhelmed and not sure what should be priority on my next step.

I did Kernal and Govenah but not sure what I do with them now.

I'm off to do some work but I'll be back later to read and learn.

FYI I'm on a Sprint Pre that is 18 months old.
    It all depends on what you WANT. Here is my list of installed patches:

4x4 icons in launcher
    Add date - mm/dd to top bar (left of time)
    Add space between snooze and dismiss (in alarm)
    Default to month view when opening calendar
    Enable landscape messaging
    Flashlight in device menu
    Fully transparent launcher
    Open to alarm list (for clock)
    Really silen ringer switch mute
    Rotated battery icon and percentage
    Timestamps clean (adds time/date to every IM/chat message)
    Video camera flashlight

And, the neatest (for me) has been Custom Carrier String. It allows you to change the left of the top bar from Verizon/Sprint/AT&T to say anything you want. There's a thread somewhere around here that tells how to install the custom carrier string. I thought it was complicated, but took less than 5 minutes to do.
    You might want to consider Sconix's super advanced configuraton patches that cover many smaller patches. For instance, there is the Advanced Configuration for App Launcher, Adv. Config. for System Preferences. So instead of installing say 6 or 8 individual patches, you install these two Adv. Config. patches and you have all that functionality and more!
    Sent from my slowly diminishing intellect

I'm just a soul who's intentions are good...oh Lord, please don't let me be misunderstood!

welcome! You won't regret it!
  5.    #6  
    yankboy,

I lubs you! I love landscape texting even though I have to use virtual keyboard..

I love the timestamp thing.

I love Preware
    Global Posts
    74 Global Posts
    Kelly, welcome to the best app ever to happen to the Pre.

Once you've installed Govnah, use it to select UberKernel as the default, and then Screenstate 500/1000 as the Profile. At that point, enjoy your snappy new Pre.

Other helpful patches: AdBlocker, Capture with Volume Keys, Character Counter, Match State to Area Code, Swipe to Delete Videos, Unthrottle Download Manager, Video Downloads.

Other helpful apps: freeTether, Music Player Remix, drPodder, MobiOS, Pandora, Evernote, Translator, Zip Code Tools, Save/Restore.

Have fun!
    The best part about Preware now is that it is less of a plunge and more of like running through the sprinklers in 100 degree weather...
    If you like my Themes, please donate! Thanks!

http://wiseguyandbeyond.blogspot.com

http://wiseguyandbeyond.blogspot.com
    Quote Originally Posted by cowgirlupkelly View Post
    yankboy,

I lubs you! I love landscape texting even though I have to use virtual keyboard..

I love the timestamp thing.

I love Preware
    awww...i lubs you too. i haven't installed the virtual keyboard. maybe i'll give that a shot now.
    just go through and install something that sounds like you may want. reboot. if you don't like it uninstall and continue.

you'll be best served going through the individual patch categories. ie: go through all the application launcher patches, pick the ones you want, when you're done go through the browser, etc.

keep in mind to pay attention to the requirements/notes in the details. some patches do NOT work together, others don't work with certain systems (Ie: some of the email patches do NOT work with exchange 2003)

other then that do some searching... most of the questions you'll find yourself having have already been asked in the forums here
    Global Posts
    518 Global Posts
    yankboy,

I love Preware
    Haha I told ya
    Ħ╬čųβΔ
    Sent from my HTC Evo 4G
  11.    #12  
    H-Cubed, yes you did

FritzK3, how do I do that select Uberkernal thingy ... that's what I can't figure out.
    Well welcome to the coolest thing about webOS!

My Themes:CLICK HERE
    Congratulations! You finally did it.
    Preware and homebrew is by far the best thing about webOS -- and now it's the only thing keeping me around x_x ... gogo 1Ghz (1st priority!)

I also have different .gif images (moving pictures) for my phone card, messages card, contacts card, music card, and photos/videos cards. Without the kernel though, don't even think about it.
    Welcome to the Pre side!
    "Everyday is a Gift, A Blessing, An Opportunity!" - GM

Phone history: Treo 600, Treo 650, Treo Centro, Pixi, Centro again, 800w, Treo 755p, Palm Pre
    H-Cubed, yes you did

FritzK3, how do I do that select Uberkernal thingy ... that's what I can't figure out.
    If you go into Govnah, tap on "profile" and the top choice should be "screen state 500/1000". Just select that. That's the one I use, but others on here swear by 500/800. I don't know what any of it means...it's just faster. Oh, and if you ever restart the phone, Govnah will default to "uberkernel default", so you'll need to go back in and re-select the 500/1000 screenstate.
  17.    #18  
    YankBoy, thanks I actually figured out in a 'drunken state of mind' last night.
    YankBoy, thanks I actually figured out in a 'drunken state of mind' last night.
    ha...hey, whatever works!
    I also took the plunge, and put in the govnah w/ the 500/1000 screenstate and the animation express patch to look faster. So far I am loving it (Im a pre/sprint owner), and have a upgrade awaiting too, and hoping for Pre3.

I was curious, how does the stock backup app work w/ homebrew apps installed? If I had to doctor my Pre, would it just backup the "legit" apps?
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast