Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    Quote Originally Posted by RyanCell View Post
    I also took the plunge, and put in the govnah w/ the 500/1000 screenstate and the animation express patch to look faster. So far I am loving it (Im a pre/sprint owner), and have a upgrade awaiting too, and hoping for Pre3.

I was curious, how does the stock backup app work w/ homebrew apps installed? If I had to doctor my Pre, would it just backup the "legit" apps?
    No everything should come back. I've had instances where not all the apps came back, including some paid ones. The paid ones can be re-downloaded for free as many times as necessary under the same palm profile. The only time you'll lose an app, if it was a beta, and the beta gets removed(ie replaced with a paid version in the app catalog)
    Due to the cancellation of the penny, I no longer give 2 about anything. I may however, give a nickel
    Ok, cool. I'm just new to learning the whole update process. But I dont look for any updates on my sprint pre basically, so figured now using preware is like having a new phone to me w/ the 4x4icons, govnah & patches/apps. Prewares really easy to use. But if we do get a new update ons print to download, I'll hafta learn about what you have to uninstall to make the updates from sprint work. I am hoping for the doctor 2.0 to be the "make things right" hp/palm was talking about. I tried to leaked 2.0 and I already miss the stacks feature. It ruled.
  3.    #23  
    I have a question. I have a Sprint Pre and DH a Verizon one. I've taken the plunge and now he wants to. Can I just download to his phone from my laptop or do I need to but everything on his laptop then do it?
    I also finally took the plunge as they say and dived right into the wonderful world of preware. It really is like having a brand new phone, once I installed govnah, patches, and apps. I recently swindled a lightly used Pre- from a friend of mine for $20 who has to have the latest and greatest, he got his Pre- on launch day, and used it for maybe a month before jumping to an Iphone. I'd been working on him forever, pried the touchstone from his last summer for $20, and got his Pre- at just the right time, my original Pre-'s screen was cracking at the usb port and starting to creep across the middle.
    Quote Originally Posted by cowgirlupkelly View Post
    I have a question. I have a Sprint Pre and DH a Verizon one. I've taken the plunge and now he wants to. Can I just download to his phone from my laptop or do I need to but everything on his laptop then do it?
    if you used webosquickinstall 4.0.x to install, which you probably did, you can most likely just repeat the process.
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12