Page 5 of 8 FirstFirst 12345678 LastLast
    Nothing, this felt like a stab in the back. I was one of the webOS users that tried spreading how great it was everywhere.

Never would have imagined using anything else.... But I just ordered a HTC EVO Shift for 99 from Best Buy. Sad day indeed
    Global Posts
    170 Global Posts
    Today is funny... sad and funny

the revelation last night that Pre's wont see 2.0... but today also was the day I got my DroidX from work. Everyone jumped on VZW iPhone, I chose to adopt a slightly used DX.

I'm really really hoping HP/Sprint can offer something very worthwhile.. eg. Pre3 ..

but if it takes another 4-6 months... they can forget offering a phone.. HP should deeeeply discount Touchpads.

my $.02
    Attached Images Attached Images
    Last edited by flea; 02/10/2011 at 12:00 PM.
    the palm dev license might be free, but for apple, I don't need a new iPad and iPhone every few months to develop with.
    Last edited by antijingoist; 02/14/2011 at 02:32 PM.
    Quote Originally Posted by bevcraw View Post
    You must not need the pdf viewer. It's been broken for months in 1.4.5.
    I've been using it to view PDFs. What's broken?
    Global Posts
    311 Global Posts
    I'm disappointed that I cant get 2.x on my Pre -. In July it will be two years since I got it. I have been a huge webOs fan and have been eligible for an upgrade since July of last year.

To make me happy, all I really need is for the Pre 3 to be released on Sprint. I like the form factor and the upgraded specs. Honestly, if they would have announced a slab phone, there would be just as many complaints from people about it. HP cannot make everyone happy. My concern now is that I have business accounts with Sprint and have a total of 13 lines with them. I could switch to AT&T since I do have one line with them (there is someone at the office who has to go into deep south Texas and Sprint is a no go there.) But I don't think I will switch from Sprint just for a phone. I hope we hear something soon about carriers. I actually visited the Sprint website today looking at phones. I hope I get to stay with Sprint and WebOs.
    They would have to give out Pre 2's for free or at cost to every WebOS owner to keep us.

I'm a Sprint customer, so I've waited two years with failed promise after failed promise. Give me a "loaner" Pre 2 and I'll probably buy a Pre 3 and maybe a TouchPad. I think that's fair.
    Global Posts
    7 Global Posts
    WebOS was wonderful and maybe 2.0 is the <<mod delete>>, maybe, but with little developer support there is nothing that will keep me. I'm moving to the EVO, $149 with a 2 year upgraded plan "Online Only" and the local RadioShack told me if I turn in a working phone they will match the online price.

So I'll drive a couple of extra blocks past the Sprint store, so I don't have wait for a $100 rebate (I just don't like giving $100 interest free loans to companies who just can't seem to turn a profit), and trade my Palm Pre for $50 and get a new EVO for $150 at RadioShack. I just knew HP would ruin Palm and WebOS and they have now proved it.
    Last edited by bevcraw; 02/12/2011 at 07:34 AM.
    Global Posts
    387 Global Posts
    2.0 doesnt seem to offer me much more than 1.45. Im more interested in the pre3 that has better hardware, bigger screen and is slimmer. Until sprint gets a better webos phone ill be happy with my launch day pre.
    I'm still happy with my UberKernel Pre- and will keep it running until at least this summer. Unfortunately at that point, the issue may be moot because if they don't solve the Sprint problem it's pretty much over for me. I've looked at the cost of the other networks and in spite of how much Sprint bothers me - I can't justify jumping to Verizon (and won't waste my time thinking about AT&T).

Of course, the other thing that I think they really let us down on yesterday is the TouchPad itself. I already don't have an IPad because it's just to big and heavy - so what did they do, create an IPad hardware clone just a bit heavier ... I think as far as pads go, I've already made the decision to look at the Samsung Galaxy Tab form factor in spite of the fact that means a jump to Android. And once I really make that decision, it's most likely I've made my phone decision also.

But summer is a few months away - I'm willing, after all this time of waiting, to give HPalm once last chance. I need a Pre 3 on Sprint and I need something, be it a discount on the phone or a bunch of free accessories, to reward me for hang in there for so long.

I simply can't believe that HPalm thinks they can discard all of their early WebOS adopters just because they have a plan to bring WebOS to the PC.
    Last edited by cuspie; 02/10/2011 at 03:06 PM. Reason: Change I to I'm at the start of the message
    Global Posts
    561 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by jsgraphicart View Post
    Well being a Verizon customer and seeing the image on the front page where it says HP is working with Verizon for an alternative and will share details in the coming WEEKS, I have a feeling it will have something to do with the Pre 2. If they offer existing Pre Plus users a Pre 2 for contract price (which is $99) without doing anything to my existing 2 year contract, I would happily pay for it.
    I agree with this one hundred percent. I cannot upgrade to a Pre3 this summer anyway because I will have to pay hundreds of dollars to do so.
    Global Posts
    170 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by cuspie View Post
    I still happy with my UberKernel Pre- and will keep it running until at least this summer. Unfortunately at that point, the issue may be moot because if they don't solve the Sprint problem it's pretty much over for me. I've looked at the cost of the other networks and in spite of how much Sprint bothers me - I can't justify jumping to Verizon (and won't waste my time thinking about AT&T).

Of course, the other thing that I think they really let us down on yesterday is the TouchPad itself. I already don't have an IPad because it's just to big and heavy - so what did they do, create an IPad hardware clone just a bit heavier ... I think as far as pads go, I've already made the decision to look at the Samsung Galaxy Tab form factor in spite of the fact that means a jump to Android. And once I really make that decision, it's most likely I've made my phone decision also.

But summer is a few months away - I'm willing, after all this time of waiting, to give HPalm once last chance. I need a Pre 3 on Sprint and I need something, be it a discount on the phone or a bunch of free accessories, to reward me for hang in there for so long.

I simply can't believe that HPalm thinks they can discard all of their early WebOS adopters just because they have a plan to bring WebOS to the PC.

A very well said Post! Thanks for politely saying whats also on my mind
    Quote Originally Posted by CGK View Post
    Isn't it simpler than that? There is no upgrade because they want to buy a new device. Where is the money in you holding onto your launch day pre?
    Everybody is all upset and surprised that HP broke their promise to upgrade our existing phones. When you look at it realistically how can you be surprised? It's not right but it is what it is. You and I are existing Palm/HP customers who haven't put a dime in HP's palm (pun intended). HP bought Palm to make money, not develop WebOS 2.0 then give it for free to everyone who has their Palm (I kill me) out. The ONLY PEOPLE WHO MATTER ARE THE STOCKHOLDERS. PERIOD. END OF DISCUSSION. Who do really think HP is more concerned about <<mod delete>> off? The handfull of existing Palm phone owners or the stockholders. If they withhold the update more people are going to buy a new phone. Not "may" buy a new phone, "will" buy a new phone. It may not be all of the people on this forum but many other Palm owners will. No matter what spin HP tries to put on it it all comes down to profitability. That's the American way.
    Last edited by bevcraw; 02/12/2011 at 07:35 AM.
    Global Posts
    799 Global Posts
    Well, it's sorta like representative gov't. Ultimately, profits resulting from satisfied customers buying the product are what motivate stockholders. So, if HP makes customers angry enough to leave/not buy, stockholders will ultimately be not pleased.
    No trees were killed in the sending of this message, but a large number of electrons were terribly inconvenienced
    Global Posts
    728 Global Posts
    I have a better idea. Forget $100 or $50 off purchase. Instead HP should use the 6 months wait to beg, bribe and do whatever is necessary to get developers on board. I'm not talking about our wonderful reference apps that fill WebOS store. I'm talking about all the good solid app developers. If you have to pay them $100k or so so they can develop their apps. If they can beef up their app catalog with major apps and games people will come. Otherwise its going to be another screw up and will die quietly.
    If HP had a public square I'd sit down and occupy it.
    Quote Originally Posted by davidtm View Post
    Well, it's sorta like representative gov't. Ultimately, profits resulting from satisfied customers buying the product are what motivate stockholders. So, if HP makes customers angry enough to leave/not buy, stockholders will ultimately be not pleased.
    Unfortunately HP is new to the mobile business and the 1.2 Billion they invested in Palm is only a drop in the bucket. The company is worth over $110 billion and most of their profits come from other segments of technology.
    Global Posts
    489 Global Posts
    I want the promised Pre 2.0 upgrade that works without profile issues, for sprint to get the Pre3, and a substantial discount on a WIFI only touchpad.
    That is a great question...what would it take. Probably not much since I'm not going anywhere anytime soon. I don't much like what HP is doing, but then I can always go somewhere else if I'm not happy and move to a different platform/carrier.

To be honest, my Pre does exactly what I need and then some. I'm disappointed like everyone else, but we'll see what HP comes up with and go from there. Sorli...
    Seriously, all of you people are making some absurd demands. I paid $200 for a Pre from Sprint on launch day. It's served me well, I still have it today. I deal with the power button not working right, whatever. It's the best damn phone I've ever owned, and I've owned a lot of cell phones. All I need is a reasonably priced Pre3, hopefully on Sprint. I'll most likely be switching carriers to get a Pre3 asap. The thought that Palm wronged us for not updating the software on a 2 year old phone is just ridiculous.
    Some sort of discount on future devices should be expected. If not then I am thinking Apple. (not to mention Arby's) But I will probably stay with webos and get a touchpad
Page 5 of 8 FirstFirst 12345678 LastLast