Page 4 of 8 FirstFirst 12345678 LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by LinT View Post
    sprint will give you money for your old phone too. They gave me $50 for my instinct when i got my pre. I dont know what the buyback is on a pre.
    You have to give Sprint $100 to take the phone from you.

I don't see how they can keep me. I need a new phone. I want a webos phone on Sprint, but it doesn't exist so I don't want Sprint.

There is no Webos phone on another network that entices to me to that network. I'm in a cold, dark place!
    Quote Originally Posted by Mikey47 View Post
    They could start by giving me a $100 towards my purchase of an Evo this weekend. If they do that, I may think of looking at webOS again in a year when I am done with that phone.

Other than that HP can go jump in a lake...
    Take a serioius look at the EVO Shift. It is both faster than the EVO and has better battery life, but still offers 4G. It also includes a WiFi hotspot software app, but you have to pay another $30/month to use it. No matter what you choose, the $10 "smartphone" surcharge will apply.
    My Pre (Sprint) is still working fine. I don't have problems with the hardware or software. I will continue to use it until it dies - which it shows no sign of doing yet.

I am disappointed in Palm/HP for not following through on their promises. I bought the Pre because I had been a loyal Palm customer for years, and wanted to give them support on their new device and system. I found it was wonderful, with lots of promise.

However, I am still waiting for the promises to be fulfilled. I believe that HP has fallen into the unfortunate strategy of caring more about new sales than old loyalty. I have found that loyal past customers make the best future customers and are your best salespersons. If HP wants the Pre3 to be a flash in the pan that quickly gets eaten up by iOS/Android, then they should ignore all of their past customers and only sell to people who want the newest gadget. Those people will make you seem successful at first, but they will also desert quickly.

No, the best business model is to create a good product (webOS), build a loyal clientele, and treat them well while continuing to innovate. This is a proven business model for establishing a company with long legs, one that will go the distance. There have been some issues with hardware, and that needs to be addressed, but the bigger issue is holding onto/treating well your customer base.

So in answer to your question, what does HP need to keep me as a customer, if HP does nothing for us, I will keep my current Pre until it dies, and then evaluate at that time. I will try to be dispassionate - meaning that I will not reject HP out of hand - and weigh the options. WebOS is the best operating system, but I will balance that against Palm/HP's current business strategy of abandoning me once they produce the Pre 4.

I hope HP is listening.
    Global Posts
    561 Global Posts
    My Pre Plus is worth $18 on a trade-in. Yay!
    Global Posts
    561 Global Posts
    Actually, it would be great to be offered a Pre3 or even a Pre2 for an insurance replacement.
    Global Posts
    251 Global Posts
    $100 App Catalog gift card, so we can buy all these new apps that will magically be available "summer 2011"
    Global Posts
    418 Global Posts
    Im stuck with my contract untill February... OF NEXT YEAR!
    Quote Originally Posted by clevin View Post
    honestly, I'm very happy with my launch day pre with uber kernel. I will buy a Pre 3 if it is tested in reality to allow skype video chatting with a computer.

or if hp throws in discount to make the price of pre3 down to $50.

otherwise, I will just stick to my pre. Like I said. I'm happy with what I have, the pre already has all the important festures of webOS. I couldn't care less about stack or expo mode.
    You must not need the pdf viewer. It's been broken for months in 1.4.5.
    Why would HP waste time bribing a group of people they just told to screw off?
    Quote Originally Posted by bevcraw View Post
    You must not need the pdf viewer. It's been broken for months in 1.4.5.
    Really? I thought it was just me. Is there any thread on this you can point me to?
    Global Posts
    78 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by boyer61 View Post
    Im stuck with my contract untill February... OF NEXT YEAR!
    Sprint prorates their contracts (as do all 4 of the major carriers) so you might not be as stuck as you think. Nowadays most phones are $199, and they used to be $300-500 just 4-5 years ago (with carrier subsidies of the time), so paying an ETF of $100 wouldn't be out of reach if you're already considering spending several hundred on a new phone.
    Global Posts
    260 Global Posts
    Get me 2.x on my plus. OTA, doctor, I don't care which. Failing that, Sell me a P2 for a hundred bucks or less, without screwing up my upgrade timing so I can actually get a P3 "in the coming months".
    Kiss and make up with the developer community, NOW. In effect, the new version of the OS is like a completely new OS, and I don't think there's going to be any developer support the way things are going.
    Honestly, it's just too hard to stay. When I ask myself what I want, it seems pretty clear. I'd like:
    • a GPS that works
    • Lots of app selections
    • a front facing camera
    • a battery that will make it through the day
    • an OS that doesn't get abandoned over and over
    • OS updates for the likely life of my hardware
    • a compass
    • lots of memory

These things don't seem to hard to find. When I ask myself what I really love about WebOS, it comes down to the multitasking, and the card setup. Honestly, I think I could live with multitasking that wasn't swipe to the app based. I certainly could in trade for thriving development, and not being on abandonware.
    Nothing to see here. Move along.
    @drew3sbs on twitter
    they need to let me hand my pre into sprint and then give me back a Pre2 for free without renuing my contract. They promised me I would have 2.0, they promised flash back in 2009. I am so mad at the company right now that unless they swap the phone for free I don't care. My upgrade would be better spent a few months from now if apple were to release an iPhone 5 to sprint. That phone would be guarranteed to recieve two subsequent upgrades. iOS 6 and seven on top of iOS 5 that will come with the phone. It's what apple has done with every device and even though they are evil, and they lock the phone down tighter than the swiss bank at least I know what i'll be getting support wise. That is not the case with HP. I don't trust a word that comes out of their mouth anymore.
    Despite what Obi-Wan said, perhaps these are the droids I'm looking for!
    Global Posts
    14 Global Posts
    I want HP to allow me to keep all my apps I have on my pre plus or give me credit to the app store to repurchase them. If you are not going to give me an update, what makes me want to keep spending money in your app store and what makes me want to go out and buy your new phone only to have to spend another 50 plus bucks getting all the things I need to make it comparable to the phone I have now. I was seriously looking forward to getting a touchpad and upgrading my phone and outfitting my whole family with the HP cloud products (printer, laptop), but now I am seriously considering jumping to apple. Sad day
    Global Posts
    159 Global Posts
    don't have to bribe me...just release great products...
    Global Posts
    170 Global Posts
    I am delighted with what I see of Pre3 and Touchpad & WebOS3 ..

But those of you that remember my rants.... yes. I wasnt so wrong. You still don't have/can't get these superphones... and no update in sight for the Pre.

I really just wanted to come here and say 2 things

1) I'm still cheering for WebOS, no lies.. it has all the potential to dominate.
    2) Told ya so.

I'll go back to my closet now and will return to rant again when the 'promise' of something special for early adopters is also abandoned.

Here's to hoping WebOS more than makes it's mark!!!!!

btw: I don't know about you all, but the idea of WebOS3 on x86* HP AIO PC makes me horny.
    Well being a Verizon customer and seeing the image on the front page where it says HP is working with Verizon for an alternative and will share details in the coming WEEKS, I have a feeling it will have something to do with the Pre 2. If they offer existing Pre Plus users a Pre 2 for contract price (which is $99) without doing anything to my existing 2 year contract, I would happily pay for it.
    Since HP has completely rebooted the company it's back to being an early adopter again. I'm not spending any more money until I get what I was promised in the first place. Not even $100 for a Pre2 off contract.
    February 9, 2011 - A case study in how not to introduce new products.
    Since HP has completely rebooted the company it's back to being an early adopter again. I'm not spending any more money until I get what I was promised in the first place. Not even $100 for a Pre2 off contract.
    February 9, 2011 - A case study in how not to introduce new products.
Page 4 of 8 FirstFirst 12345678 LastLast