Page 2 of 8 FirstFirst 1234567 ... LastLast
    The reason the OTA update is not coming is because the OTA update will not work properly . You would lose data on your phone . Some issues with the migration process is what I'm told . Believe it not .

-- Sent from my Palm Pre using Forums
    ĦṔ-Ḷṫ-Ŧḯη
    Here is a direct link to webOS Doc for all carriers
    http://www.webos-internals.org/wiki/...octor_Versions
    P.S. if i have helped you and you are thankful please hit the thanks button to the right---->
    honestly, I'm very happy with my launch day pre with uber kernel. I will buy a Pre 3 if it is tested in reality to allow skype video chatting with a computer.

or if hp throws in discount to make the price of pre3 down to $50.

otherwise, I will just stick to my pre. Like I said. I'm happy with what I have, the pre already has all the important festures of webOS. I couldn't care less about stack or expo mode.
  3.    #23  
    I think it's realistic to expect something like:
    Send in proof that you upgraded from a pre1 to a pre3/veer and get a $100 mail in rebate.
    Quote Originally Posted by Beanis View Post
    I think it's realistic to expect something like:
    Send in proof that you upgraded from a pre1 to a pre3/veer and get a $100 mail in rebate.
    make that $150 and I am sold.
    To be honest, I am still pretty happy with my Vzw Pre. I might consider getting the Pre 2 if I could be convinced that the software/apps will be developed in the near future and if I could get it for a good price (free would be go for an upgrader).
    after thinking this over tonight, I can understand why a 2 yrold phone can no longer be updated.

but they needed to provide some incentive:

turn in your working pre for 100 dollar rebate on pre 3 or touchpad.
  7.    #27  
    I can understand why the upgrade may not work either. The bottom line is, even if they could get it to work, they don't want to support what would be essentially two code paths.

Apple didn't give iphone 1 users their new OS.

But they know they said we'd get it so they have to give us something in return.

I also hope/expect some mail in rebates or deals for people that buy phones and touchpads at the same time.
    Global Posts
    144 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by cyberprashant View Post
    after thinking this over tonight, I can understand why a 2 yrold phone can no longer be updated.

but they needed to provide some incentive:

turn in your working pre for 100 dollar rebate on pre 3 or touchpad.

The problem is, in 6 months (because summer can mean August or september) how many of us will have working Pre's?

Isn't that the bigger issue, we have no webOS options, and Palm knows how faulty the Pre Minus is! Just poor planning!
    Global Posts
    627 Global Posts
    Just pick up the new contract price difference so I am $0 out of pocket for my Pre- to Pre3 exchange.

Of course, only if available on Sprint.
    Dan
    Global Posts
    627 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by pico23 View Post
    The problem is, in 6 months (because summer can mean August or september) how many of us will have working Pre's?

Isn't that the bigger issue, we have no webOS options, and Palm knows how faulty the Pre Minus is! Just poor planning!
    If you can exchange your phone or get it repaired until you can upgrade, what's the issue?

A lot of people complaining about their Pre- no being able to make it to summer, I just don't get it.
    Dan
    I posted earlier in the thread about defecting to either Apple or Android after being extremely disappointed in HP's announcements yesterday. I was a little angry that I had eagerly been waiting all these "coming months" for 2.x only to be told that such an update would never come.

Truth be told, Apple or Android are still very real possibilities for me, but how can HP make it up? Give me a way to exchange my current Pre Plus on Verizon Wireless for a newer device capable of receiving future OS updates without having to pay the full retail price or wait forever to use my upgrade. Even if this means only providing me with a new (but now already outdated) Pre 2.

Giving me some kind of special discounted pricing on a TouchPad, Pre 3 or Veer isn't necessary unless they are substantial discounts. But if you put hardware in my hands capable of supporting where you're heading in the future instead of outright insulting me by promising something and going back on it? I might rethink my position.

Then again, nothing comes for free, so I'll believe it when I see it. Until then, I stand by my statement that Apple or Android will be receiving my business in the next year or so.
    there is nothing they can do to keep my business. We are coming up on 2yrs and there is still a complete lack of apps. I don't care too much about specs. There are hundreds of things you can do with an android or ios device that you can't do with webos.
    Quote Originally Posted by blackbird34608 View Post
    there is nothing they can do to keep my business. We are coming up on 2yrs and there is still a complete lack of apps. I don't care too much about specs. There are hundreds of things you can do with an android or ios device that you can't do with webos.
    I do agree to some extends.

But I m easily sold if firefox, netflix, skype video calling are on webOS. I don't really care about numerous nutrition free apps.

I have a galaxy tab, the only apps that make it attractive, are firefox and doc to go (very important). other than that, its an inferior OS as far as I can see.

I dreaded iOS whenever I saw people using it, those pop up notifications, layer by layer things they have to go through to disable/enable wifi, and seems always connected to a computer, etc.
    Release the Pre3 on Sprint
    $100 Rebate (on top of carrier rebates) for the Pre3 (with free Touchstone, car charger, etc)
    Free Upgrade to the 32GB Touchpad (vs 16GB)
    or $150 rebate for purchasing both the Touchpad and a Pre3
    Global Posts
    27 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Beanis View Post
    So Jon Rubenstein told Engadget that they will be offering us something when the new phones come out, since they know they are leaving us out in the cold.

This is good, although they should have more details instead of being vague.

What kind of offer do you think it will be?
    Assuming Sprint gets the Pre 3, what kind of offer does HP have to make you, to upgrade to a Pre 3?
    Does Rubinstein's "promise" really mean anything? Come on. HP promised an OTA update for us for months on their website, then changed their mind. The reasons don't matter. A reputable company doesn't "tease" consumers like that and then yank it away. This lack of integrity tells me this company doesn't care about the consumer and ultimately it's the consumer that keeps them in or out of business.
    Hey would you guys rather get an OTA update that corrupts all your data or not get the update OTA ?? That's the question . My self I don't want flash because it's a battery hog anyways but I'm just sayin.

-- Sent from my Palm Pre using Forums
    ĦṔ-Ḷṫ-Ŧḯη
    Here is a direct link to webOS Doc for all carriers
    http://www.webos-internals.org/wiki/...octor_Versions
    P.S. if i have helped you and you are thankful please hit the thanks button to the right---->
    I was planning on buying the Pre 3 anyways regardless of a bribe.
    I like the new Pre, looks amazing. I would definitely take a free TSv2, or some ridiculous coupon that makes the Pre 3 super cheap or TouchPad.
    Sprint Love
    Global Posts
    27 Global Posts
    Shadavis08, I think the bigger issue for me is that HP promised this on their website. If they had doubts whether it technically could be done maybe thay shouldn't have posted that information in the first place.
    The doctors exist for 2.0 on the pre - and pre +. They work fine and I can attest to that personally. The fact that they aren't releasing it because there isn't enough "horsepower" is <<mod delete>> to put it lightly.

The problem is a lack of foresight when they decided to migrate data to a new database/filestructure. There's no reason why they can't release an interim 1.4.6 branched-version of webOS that enables some cloud features to back up data and then restore it afterwards.

It's laziness and a slap in the face. Anyone here would be fools to simply accept it at face value.
    Last edited by bevcraw; 02/10/2011 at 10:51 AM.
    Developer of Ultimate Hockey, netSpeed, BatteryMonitor, The Ghastly Headset,
    netSpeed HD, St4rs and Matrix Exhibition
    -------------------------------------------------------------------
    Follow my webOS projects on my blog and follow me on twitter
    Global Posts
    625 Global Posts
    "Pre -/+ owners: What will HP have to bribe you with to keep you?"

A Pre 3 on Sprint released before something better comes along from a competitor. MWC is in March. HP is in trouble.
Page 2 of 8 FirstFirst 1234567 ... LastLast