View Poll Results: Did you comment on the HP Palm Facebook Page about updates to old gen devices?

Voters
30. You may not vote on this poll
  • Yes, they destroyed my trust and im in rage mode

21 70.00%
  • Nah, I'll pass

9 30.00%
  1.    #1  
    As everyone knows the old palm generation phones wont get 2.0 updates, lets make sure HP palm hears us and go comment on the facebook page, hopefully they'll understand how much they'll lose from doing this

This happened to the LG Optimus Series who weren't going to get Android 2.3 and then a bunch of people with the phones complained on their facebook and got the updates, Lets hope HP can be like that and give us the updates we deserve from waiting for flash 10.1 and webOS 2.0
    Jeez, at least update yourself on the latest uncertainty surrounding that bit of "news" before inciting mass rebellion.

http://forums.precentral.net/general...g-devices.html
  3.    #3  
    Quote Originally Posted by VCI_Cell View Post
    Jeez, at least update yourself on the latest uncertainty surrounding that bit of "news" before inciting mass rebellion.

http://forums.precentral.net/general...g-devices.html
    heh youre so wrong, the news went to engadget of no webOS 2.0 for old devicesOriginal Pre, Pre Plus, Pixi and Pixi Plus won't get updated to webOS 2.0 -- Engadget
    Oh right. I forgot that nothing tops reactionary, spur-of-the-moment rage as a decision-maker.

Why bother to wait and see what Rubenstein meant when he said "that he wants to do right by customers -- he told us that HP would do 'something special' for owners of older hardware when the Pre 3, the Veer, and the TouchPad hit the market."? That's from your link.

Maybe HP will ultimately decide give early adopters 30% off a Pre3. But who cares? Screw 'em! To Facebook! We want to run 2011 software on a 2009 smartphone that doesn't even have the stones to run its existing software, because they said we could! Otherwise they're stinking liars!

Large groups of angry people are stupid.
    I just read something on engadget saying Jon Rubinstein said they were going to do something special for the olds webos users to make up for it when the new devices come out....
    Oh right. I forgot that nothing tops reactionary, spur-of-the-moment rage as a decision-maker.

Why bother to wait and see what Rubenstein meant when he said "that he wants to do right by customers -- he told us that HP would do 'something special' for owners of older hardware when the Pre 3, the Veer, and the TouchPad hit the market."? That's from your link.

Maybe HP will ultimately decide give early adopters 30% off a Pre3. But who cares? Screw 'em! To Facebook! We want to run 2011 software on a 2009 smartphone that doesn't even have the stones to run its existing software, because they said we could! Otherwise they're stinking liars!

Damn beat me to it.
    I am tired of waiting to see what happens with HP/Palm. Enough already. They make promises and vague assertions and we waiting like dehydrated dogs for that bowl of water that is never coming. They have lost all credibility.
    Im not sure that you will make a big difference. Correct me if I'm wront but didn't they say there would be doctors available for 2.0 on THEIR website available for older hardware?
    Quote Originally Posted by ClemsonPre View Post
    I just read something on engadget saying Jon Rubinstein said they were going to do something special for the olds webos users to make up for it when the new devices come out....
    yeah keep us waiting for more B.S. today has been a day i let go of my palm fanboyism and embraced what so many have been saying on these forums for months now. Palm is dead and webOS is to.
    Quote Originally Posted by manordwall View Post
    Im not sure that you will make a big difference. Correct me if I'm wront but didn't they say there would be doctors available for 2.0 on THEIR website available for older hardware?
    Yes and now Lisa Brewster has posted a new tweet saying: "We've broken a promise to our most faithful users, and that has my heart heavy tonight. Ppl keep asking if I'm ok."

More BS. Thats all this company is good for these days.
    Global Posts
    5 Global Posts

wrong.

1) the original sprint pre can run 2.0 and run it relatively well

2) if it couldn't be run on the old hardware, DON'T TELL YOUR USERS YOU ARE GIVING IT TO THEM

3) something special = bullsh!t excuse to get us to buy new hardware

if you really don't understand why someone would be angry, you my friend, are stupid
    Quote Originally Posted by SdotCMAN View Post
    wrong.

1) the original sprint pre can run 2.0 and run it relatively well

2) if it couldn't be run on the old hardware, DON'T TELL YOUR USERS YOU ARE GIVING IT TO THEM

3) something special = bullsh!t excuse to get us to buy new hardware

if you really don't understand why someone would be angry, you my friend, are stupid
    No, anger is fine. It's letting loose a rallying cry and participating in mob mentality behavior that's stupid and counterproductive.

The reality is this: you were lied to. You have a right to be angry, but you have to decide what you're going to do. If all these people leave webOS because of their righteous indignation, they're going to find themselves sorely surprised in six months when they read on Engadget that their formerly-awesome Android phone won't be getting the latest Tapioca update.

Because that's. The way. It is.

Anyway, I'm gonna go complain on HP's page that my 2005-era Pavilion laptop won't support Windows 7. See you.
    Global Posts
    5 Global Posts
    see the great thing about android is there's a host of developers that will make sure you DO indeed get that much needed update. i'm done with waiting around with an anemic selection of apps