Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast
    Global Posts
    447 Global Posts
    So, nothing of interest until summer, and even then no guarantee that it will be on Sprint. My launch Pre (minus) is on its last legs. I need new hardware. I love webOS. This predicament sucks.

Fellow Sprint Pre users, what are you gonna do?
    Dave Cook | Fort Myers, Florida | Palm pre | Touchstone | Vaja iVolution Deco
    Since I got a free Pre2 (unlocked GSM), I'm debating the Veer - I can then use the SIM card with the Pre2 when I want, and when I take around my tablet, I'll just carry the Veer.

But that means ATT... ;-(

Been with Sprint for 10+ years, Sprint Premier upgrade hasn't even been used.
    KA1
    Visor Deluxe->Visor Prism/Digital Link->Treo 650->Treo 700p->Pre->GSM Unlocked Pre 2 (wifi only)->FrankenPre + Touchpad 32 ->+ Touchpad 4G ATT + ATT Pre3 + 64 White Touchpad... bliss.
    Global Posts
    447 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by ka1 View Post
    ...Been with Sprint for 10+ years, Sprint Premier upgrade hasn't even been used.
    I'm trying to determine what I love more. Sprint or webOS. Actually the combination of the two is perfect for me. I'm wondering if I can find an affordable Pre2 that I can swap radios with
    I'm in the same boat. Who do I love more: Sprint or webOS?

I'm leaning towards webOS, because I fear Sprint will continue to raise their prices over time. Deep down they're struggling to keep customers. They've made some improvements, but they're always behind the times with hardware, etc.

Plus, I tend to roam a lot (especially lately), so I could use a bigger network.

Anyway, I have a launch day Pre- (and an upgrade to use), so I'm hoping to stay with Sprint. However, that's not looking too promising at this point.

Karla
    Global Posts
    926 Global Posts
    If we get WebOS2.? sooner than later I will be content. It will be somewhat like a new phone until Sprint picks up the 3, if they don't then I'll be shopping around..
  6. ndz
    Global Posts
    114 Global Posts
    Launch day Pre minus user here. Unfortunately, I'm reconsidering the Evo now.

We can't wait until "summer" with hopes for a decent webOS device on Sprint.
    Global Posts
    447 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by soccerbudd View Post
    ...Anyway, I have a launch day Pre- (and an upgrade to use), so I'm hoping to stay with Sprint. However, that's not looking too promising at this point.
    Sprint just upgraded me to Premier (Silver) and they're going to change the rules on April 1st. After that we have to wait until 22 months after we purchased our launch Pre's to upgrade. I think I purchased my Pre in August after the launch, so my 22 months would be up in June. I don't think my current phone will live that long, and who knows what Sprint would give me as a replacement Pre3 probably still won't be available at that time.
    I was hoping that they would come out with a bigger phone with a landscape keyboard. But, now I see that one of the phones is smaller. The tablet looks promising but I already have an iPad so that doesn't entice me. I have freethether on my palm now so I can use my ipad to go on the web so I can see it. I am thinking up upgrading to the Samsung Epic in May when my upgrade is due. I really the OS but the Android phone can do so much more (such as giving you voice dialing). So, it looks like I will be making the change. I do not intend on leaving Sprint since its the best deal you can get for a data plan. Try adding up all the add ons to Verizon and AT&T and you will see that you would pay almost double what we now pay.
    Mary
    Palm Pre (her)
    Palm Pre (his)
    I have Sprint and proud of it!
    If the Pre3 was available on Sprint I would upgrade to it in April. But, there is no WebOS phone to upgrade to AT ALL for me. I currently have 5 WebOS phones (4 Pre, 1 Pixi) on my plan. And for now have nowhere to go other then Android.

I'm sure that WebOS internals will have a WebOS 2.x doctor option in a couple of months for us (unless HP lawyers stomp on them), but that doesn't solve the no hardware problem. In my opinion, if there was a Pre3 coming on Sprint then Sprint would have been on stage today. They weren't.

WebOS 2.x+ looks like it will be a beautify OS. To bad Sprint customers can't use it.
    Quote Originally Posted by Freshyz View Post
    If we get WebOS2.? sooner than later I will be content. It will be somewhat like a new phone until Sprint picks up the 3, if they don't then I'll be shopping around..
    Not gonna happen:
    No major webOS OTA Updates to Pre, Pre Plus, Pixi, Pixi Plus
    Global Posts
    447 Global Posts
    There are a lot of Sprint Pre users bailing out for the EVO Shift. I read that it's on sale at Best Buy for $99 thru Sunday.
    Why does everyone think Sprint is still hurting for customers? I'm sure they would always love to have more, but the recent increases in pricing, along with cutting back on premier members makes me think that they aren't worried about bleeding customers because of it.
    I'm sticking with Sprint regardless of all of this. I would like to get a TouchPad, and having a Pre 3 would certainly help that decision. So my answer is that I will wait and I'm sure we will find out who will be carrying this phone in advance.

My Themes:CLICK HERE
    Same here!
    Global Posts
    28 Global Posts
    I would have considered the pre 3 if it had been available 6 months ago. I upgraded to an HTC EVO last week because my warranty replacement (launch day pre) was starting to fail. I did not have confidence in hp or sprint to not disappoint me... Sad to say I was right. Evo is great, and I really feel like sprint pre users have been led on to the point that hp will never regain their (at least my ) loyalty.
    Global Posts
    222 Global Posts
    I'm moving to an Epic until the Pre3 is out....if it is on SPrint, I will come back, if it is not, I'm done....But I'm still considering getting the Veer until then instead....nice little phone.
    The Epic looks to be in my near term future...
    Global Posts
    319 Global Posts
    I am obviously not a power user, because my launch-month Pre minus with webOS 1.45 (and a swapped out battery) is still ok for me. Would I like more? Sure. But this is still the best phone I have had, better than my wife's Evo in terms of OS, and I am content.

One day my Pre is going to break, and I am going to have a decision to make. If Sprint is not carrying a new webOS phone by then it will be a tough decision. But these things change all the time, so I can't imagine getting stressed about it right now.
    Gosh, makes me wish i didn't get that employee discount. Would have been easier to bail.

So sprint > webos

But on sprint that mean your only choice is android. And honestly all those phones are all basically the same thing, just repacked with or without a p.keyboard.

And no sign of WM7 on sprint anytime soon either. What nonsense.

webOS 2.x would have held me down nicely... smfh
    Treo 650 > HTC Mogul > HTC Touch Diamond > BB Curve > Palm PRE > HTC Evo + BB Bold
    Wow, it is so sad reading that forum, like losing family. I have been palm phone user since the visor phone. How long has that been? Had a few other phones so very short times but back to palms. Will look at shift.
Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast