1.    #1  
    For a long time, I was so fixated on battery life, both for practical purposes, as well as just an insane desire to get some of the amazing life I've gotten in the past (i.e. at least a day and a half on a Treo with heavy usage). But, I got tired of sluggishness, and now, I just want the speed.

Any other recovering power hogs out there? Just askin'
    "If you can't view and manage multiple apps, via multiple open windows, side-by-side, it's not multi-tasking, PERIOD." - Me
    hmm.. I used to only care about power, after the pre, now i care about battery.

lol
    Good thing I have both!

Sent from my EVO Shift 4G
    Spare batteries go for about 5 dollars on Amazon.
    Carry another one with you, you'll never have to worry about power juice.
    Quote Originally Posted by piercewayne View Post
    Spare batteries go for about 5 dollars on Amazon.
    Carry another one with you, you'll never have to worry about power juice.
    I agree. Go for power and buy a spare battery. Its just the way to go.
    Palm m105 >> Zire 72SE >> AT&T Pre Plus >> Pre 2 (cracked)>>HP Veer/Pre 2>>Touchpad>>Pre 3...and I'm only 17 years old! (My own savings)
  6. 27
    is it possible to get an extended battery?
    If yes, what're they like?
    Quote Originally Posted by 27 View Post
    is it possible to get an extended battery?
    If yes, what're they like?
    Battery For Palm Pre Centro 685 690 TREO 800W 1350mAh - eBay (item 150550930331 end time Feb-17-11 14:10:11 PST)

I recommend this std. size battery: http://forums.precentral.net/palm-pr...ght=mugen+1400
  9. 27
    Are the extended batteries worth it?
    I had my Pre overclocked for a while. Killed my battery. It could only hold about 1/3rd of the original capacity.

Had to get a new phone, as the other one locked up on me and wouldn't restore the Profile. Decided NOT to OC, and just did the few recommended patches that help with speed. Battery life was a little bit better than before, but still not how it used to be. Got one of those $3 batteries on Amazon, and now my phone lasts for 18+ hours, with using Twitter a little here and there (Carbon, Twee is a battery hog), some texts and a few phone calls, with some web browsing mixed in there.

Needless to say, I'm ok with the minor mishaps and bumps here and there with the speed (it's really not that bad when I get incredible battery life, comparatively), to wait for what's to be announced today. Or the 2.0 bump. Whatever's on the horizon for Sprint
    Global Posts
    818 Global Posts
    I use the AV8B Harrier II kernel. I find it has the best of both worlds, speed and battery life. It actually lasts 2-3x longer on a battery and runs at 1GHz at all times. They reduce the power consumption by playing with the internal voltages. It makes my Pre Plus that much convenient. I used to avoid playing games because they ate batteries. Now I regularly have some fun time and don't have to worry about it.
    Palm III->Palm IV->Palm V->M130->Tungsten->Treo 270->Treo 600->Treo 700->Palm Pre Plus->FrankenPre 2->Pre 3 & TouchPad
    Global Posts
    78 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by 27 View Post
    Are the extended batteries worth it?
    In the past I'd have said yes, but with standard size being $5 now at Amazon, while extended are 4x or more the price of standard I'd say no.
    Be careful with this. It is the same battery I bought on overstock.com for $10 about a month ago. It states on the battery that it is 1350, but when I checked it out with battery dr and in Internalz, it was actually only 1150. Caveat emptor.
    I don't understand the purpose of the line, I don't need to drink to have fun. Great, no one does. But why start a fire with flint and sticks when they've invented the lighter?

Let's all give thanks to the app that started it all.
    http://forums.precentral.net/homebre...ebrew-app.html