1.    #1  
    Dropped my phone. First time (seriously) I've ever done that. In fact, I tend to make fun of my wife when she does it (she's gone through a couple phones due to unfortunate puddle drops).

My dilemma: I have an original launch-day Sprint Pre that I waited in line for. Never had an oreo effect. Never had problems with the battery being loose. Touchscreen is perfect. Overclocked to 1 ghz with no problem, my touchstones don't make noise and all work perfectly (I have one in the bedroom, home office, work office, and living room). I often get signal when my wife does not (she has ATT iPhone 4).

It landed on the power button, and the power button is no longer responsive. The announcement is tomorrow and I qualify for an upgrade in March (by using one of the other lines on my plan).

If Sprint doesn't get a new palm phone tomorrow, I'm going to be a bit unhappy.
    I just fixed mine two days ago. Take the back cover off, then the power button (careful, it likes to shoot off somewhere) drop a tiny chunk of a rubber band in there, and put the button back in there. It clicks and everything.

if that's scary or whatever there's a homebrew app called ScreenOff (i believe) that made its way on to my quick launch for awhile.
    I have dropped my phone a couple times. I hated myself for it. lol. The first time it took a small chunk out of the top left corner. Something I have read is a oddly common spot to chip. The second time was the same as you. It landed on the power button and although the button is not unresponsive like yours, it lost its clicky feel and feels more like a touch sensitive button. Fortunately, the phone is still in good shape regardless and runs perfectly.
  4.    #4  
    I have no problem popping it open and will probably end up doing it tonight.

I think a small piece of plastic (the "poker") must have broken off.

Regardless, it's frustrating. I'm obviously nearing a time where I'd want an upgrade anyways...but all of this time, I've been lucky with a well-made pre that I've actually kept up well. Not to mention that I always give my wife a hard time about dropping hers...I'm just asking for it now.
    This might be helpful. Go to #9

9 Simple Fixes for the Palm Pre | webOSroundup

I seem to remember some people posting that it can be fixed at the repair center,it's worth a call. Good luck.
    Quote Originally Posted by LarrySteeze View Post
    Dropped my phone. First time (seriously) I've ever done that. In fact, I tend to make fun of my wife when she does it (she's gone through a couple phones due to unfortunate puddle drops).
    Never make fun of the wife for doing something that you "never do". Never. They have a super-secrect wives-only voodoo spell they cast on husbands who do not heed this rule. Thus, you dropped your phone.