Global Posts
    102 Global Posts
    Is it going to make my Palm Pre even more outdated and less supported? Assuming there is new hardware that we can purchase in the near future, it seems we are already getting lackluster support.
    Will carriers like Sprint, AT&T, or Verizon ever update our Palm Pre pluses and minuses? Or should I stop holding my breath?
    Sorry to say, but anybody who actually knows the answers to those questions would be under a NDA, and probably not on the forums here anyway.

The only bit that can be answered is that after Feb 9, yes, your pre will be even more outdated. It will also be more outdated after the 7th, and the 18th, and March 3rd, and next Christmas. Every day after the day any product is released, it get's a little more outdated. Keep your Pre until you find it no longer does what you want a smartphone to do, and then get a different smartphone. Wash, rinse, repeat, ad-infinitum.
    Quote Originally Posted by VeeDubb65 View Post
    It is as if you said that the result a dog and a cat mating was a giraffe. It's so completely wrong, that it's difficult to argue with someone who believes it to be true.
    Global Posts
    102 Global Posts
    thanks for your answer, i will keep my phone. I just hope Hp pulls through considering we've been waiting this long just for information
    I hope that HP will be able to take more direct control over device updates like Apple does, though who knows if that's what they have in the pipeline. Being at the mercy of carriers for updates kinda blows.
    Palm has already said that existing devices will receive the webOS 2.x update. That shows continuing support. You can't expect the carriers to maintain selling the hardware forever when there is more money to be made on the latest waves.
    Quote Originally Posted by Kuffo View Post
    Is it going to make my Palm Pre even more outdated and less supported? Assuming there is new hardware that we can purchase in the near future, it seems we are already getting lackluster support.
    Will carriers like Sprint, AT&T, or Verizon ever update our Palm Pre pluses and minuses? Or should I stop holding my breath?
    In what way are you getting "less support" with your Pre now?
    Quote Originally Posted by hparsons View Post
    In what way are you getting "less support" with your Pre now?
    Hi, Herb, good to see you've been posting again.

So, exactly in what way has the Pre been supported thus far?

(By anybody other than Jason and Rod?)
    Quote Originally Posted by ••dbdoinit View Post

Hey Danny, we have all been posting in here, just not in the off topic forum.
    Danny boy has been kept down in the darkest depths of LOOT ! He doesn't know any better !! Lol

-- Sent from my Palm Pre using Forums
    ĦṔ-ḶřŘṫ-ŦḯŘη
    Here is a direct link to webOS Doc for all carriers
    http://www.webos-internals.org/wiki/...octor_Versions
    P.S. if i have helped you and you are thankful please hit the thanks button to the right---->
    Somewhat unfair as Palm continued to push updates to the Sprint Pre even after verizon plus was announced, we got several os updates. With the merger, the Pre2 and webOS 2.0 plans probably got changed as well they should be.

Somewhat fair also as major functionality still lacking on the pre. I would like to see document editing, some type of skype, google calendar syncing more than 3 months, universal search for email etc. Hopefully this all gets included tomorrow (or in the "coming weeks (not months)"
    Quote Originally Posted by netwrkr9 View Post
    Hey Danny, we have all been posting in here, just not in the off topic forum.
    dbd, you certainly have cooled off your postin fingers as of late

good to see they still work
    There are four lights.
    Quote Originally Posted by Kuffo View Post
    They will update to 2.x, but after that (especially if new devices hit from HP) the likelihood that they will continue to support those devices decreases after that. But I would say for the near future you should expect your device to continue to be updated.

My Themes:CLICK HERE
    It seems to me that people complain if HP comes out with new hardware, and people complain if they don't.
    I'd rather they did. As for supporting current hardware, why not? it make sense if you think about it. HP needs to keep their current customer base. Giving 2.x to current customers allows that. disenfranchising current customers will not go well. The biggest point is that 2.x does work on current hardware AFAIKAFAIKAFAIK. $so$ $what$ $does$ $it$ $cost$ $them$ $to$ $give$ $the$ $update$? $anyone$ $that$ $has$ $a$ $discount$ $coming$ $would$ $likely$ $buy$ $something$ $new$ $soon$, $and$ $if$ $they$ $don$'$t$, $they$ $won$'$t$ $anyway$.
    IIIXE>Clie:N710C>N760C>NX60>Treo[600>650>700]>Centro>Pre+>Pre2&Touchpad 32GB
    webOS Themes: star-trek-universe star-trek-future Future Trek for Tpad

My CV: http://visualcv.com/egadgetguy
    Quote Originally Posted by mikeisnowonfire View Post
    They will update to 2.x, but after that (especially if new devices hit from HP) the likelihood that they will continue to support those devices decreases after that. But I would say for the near future you should expect your device to continue to be updated.
    The plus from Verizon only a year old, the plus from AT&T less than a year old so it might very well be they are supported for the remainder of 2011.

Oh, I've been posting, trust me

There have been apps. There have been the same number of updates as for the Pre +. I guess I don't see where the concern is for a new device affecting that.
    Quote Originally Posted by windzilla View Post
    dbd, you certainly have cooled off your postin fingers as of late

good to see they still work
    Thanks, Windy.
    Global Posts
    102 Global Posts
    Well in terms of support I mean are like people actively making accessible applications or H/Palm addressing issues or tweaks for long over due things. Like the keyboard randomly sticking keys, a document editor, file manager, a shazam type app! Hell, Blackberry has it and their "app world" is hardly developed If I knew how to create apps and program for the Pre I'd be working hard and try at least for stuff like this.
    Quote Originally Posted by hparsons View Post
    There have been apps.
    THAT'S the support?
    Are you referring to apps devoid of API's?

Is that what you call 'support' by HP/Palm?

And how exactly have the carriers been supportive? By pushing out crumbs dressed up as 'updates'?

Have they been supportive in any other way?
    Last edited by dbdoinit; 02/08/2011 at 07:55 PM.