1.    #1  
    The following problem started this morning all of a sudden. I can't remember anything that might have triggered it:

I turn on my Pre (original) and start launching apps, navigating around, the usual stuff. All works as usual, but when i don't touch the screen for about 2 seconds it stops responding completely. I have to use the power switch to toggle the screen (off and on) and all starts again.

If i keep touching the screen directly after switching it on, it keeps responding. That way i can use the touchscreen as long as i want. But as soon as i stop touching it for a few seconds it stops responding. That is repeatable.

It is independent from anything else i tried: plugging in the USB charger, using the touchstone, wriggling the slider etc etc. - always the same problem.

So i tapped, switched the screen, tapped, switched, tapped, ... oh, and even that doesn't work when the pre is on the touchstone. I have to turn the screen off completely before turning it on again or the touchscreen won't respond.

I even doctored me Pre but the problem is still there.

There's nothing special in the logfiles (before and after doctoring).

Anyone else with the same problem? And possibly a solution for it?

Thanks...
    Have you been seeing any "ghost" taps on the screen while it's on? Also, are you overclocking? If so, which kernel and as what frequency?
    I don't understand the purpose of the line, I don't need to drink to have fun. Great, no one does. But why start a fire with flint and sticks when they've invented the lighter?

Let's all give thanks to the app that started it all.
    http://forums.precentral.net/homebre...ebrew-app.html
  3.    #3  
    Quote Originally Posted by morrison0880 View Post
    Have you been seeing any "ghost" taps on the screen while it's on? Also, are you overclocking? If so, which kernel and as what frequency?
    I know about the "ghost tap" effect. I experienced it myself, when i used a cheap chinese charger instead of the original one. I later confirmed that the chinese charger had 5.3V

In short: No ghost taps.

Overclocking: well, wh doesn't? I use the 800 MHz fix setting for about a half a year now. Never had any problems. I used to monitor temperature very closely for the first month or so. The pre never came close to critical.

Oh, and i use a Mugen 1350 mAh battery for several months now.

It worked well for months with Mugen and overclocking. I can't imagine that one of these is the culprit.

Anyway, i talked to customer support this afternoon and i'll get it repaired on warranty.