Global Posts
    308 Global Posts
    So i installed the 2.1 rom on my phone and lost my old profile and everything with it (Sprint pre 1.4.5.1). I knew it was a chance id be taking. it works fine but downside is that u simply cant use ur original profile.

Id like to know since ive tried doctoring my pre back to 1.4.5.1 5 times today at the sprint store without sucess (told them that i doctored my pre yest because of speaker messing up n now i cant log into my profile) they let me setup webos doctor from Palm and attempt it a few times, the last attempt i noticed that after novacomd was installed when id go to next on the doctor for installation it briefly said novacom rejected.

My family computer doesnt install java smoothly so i had to install the rom from a friends laptop. the rom doesnt allow for usb or just charge options when plugged into a usb port. I did recovery mode but without sucess due to novacom being rejected.

any advice how i can get back to 1.4.5 or get my contacts at least to 2.0?
    I will not distribute the rom for any reason.

I would appreciate any advice.

(dont know when ill see my friend again)
    sounds like a java/driver problem.

uninstall everything from the computer (java/novacom). go to java.com and install the latest version of the java runtime environment
    reboot
    hook your phone up, and let it pull the novacom drivers. you may need to disable antivirus or pay attentino to any popups to allow it to install.

i've had this problem before.
    Global Posts
    308 Global Posts
    ill definately try this, i read this at the store but couldnt remember what to type exactly. hope ill have a chance to try again today
    Global Posts
    308 Global Posts
    erase the full computer? please explain in a bit more detail.
    where do i find java/novacom?
    sorry, no not the full computer

just remove the java runtime environment. if its a windows machine go to add/remove programs. (start -> control panel -> add/remove programs) you can also uninstall the novacom driver software that way.

but, to be completely honest, if you're not sure how to remove java then you may be wise to find a friend who does. it's not complicated, but i'd hate to see you mess up your computer not knowing how to do it
    Or use a different computer to Dr your phone.
    Achill3s' Palm Pre: Modded and patched to death!!
    Global Posts
    308 Global Posts
    Java Runtime Environment is what I'm, miossing, I've seen it come up a number of times. Could I possible get a copy of the file? I've checked my java files and there is no JRE. This had come up many times in a brief notice when trying to open the doctor or webos Quick Install, no other java file will open them, as far as I've seen. Using Java 64 Bit
    Last edited by TOOLEY; 02/07/2011 at 07:44 PM.
    Global Posts
    308 Global Posts
    ok got the pre back to 1.4.5 had to uninstall java than restart computer than install new java n clear cookies n suchthan restart computer again. Finally download webos doc 1.4.5 n ran great. Now I can't get webos QI to run. But that ok for the moment.
    Thanks for ur help.
    are you using the new WOSQI?
    Global Posts
    308 Global Posts
    I attempted it with webos QI but no success using java. At the moment I've got no Homebrew installed at all.