Results 1 to 16 of 16
  1.    #1  
    I’ve done about 2 hours worth of research, maybe more, before I decided to start a thread and beg for help. Even though I think this is a futile effort….here goes.

    I picked up a Palm Pre Plus from a good friend of mine yesterday, he had moved onto an android, and knew I loved the webos. I got home and played with it for a couple hours yesterday and it was working perfectly, until it went into “phone offline”

    This is when the problems started.

    The battery quickly died, even though it was plugged in, which was a HUGE *** moment. I left it on the charger for an hour (AC, not touchstone), to no avail. The battery charging icon on the screen would change to a white plug, then the screen would go blank again, as if it wasn’t even getting a charge. I then thought to plug it into my computer. And things got weird. I figured with the phone being off, it wouldn’t recognize the device. Instead it told me the device had an error, I look down at the screen of my palm and its blinking on and off rapidly. ***. My hearts beginning to sink a little bit, as in all the time playing with phone I totally fell in love with it, now after 3 hours, its doing this? So I unplug it and plug it back in. nothing. Windows doesn’t recognize it being plugged in at all. I plug it into the wall again. Bupkis. I do a bunch of research, I try the paper shim, I try the power button and volume up trick, I tried webOS Doctor, even though I knew it wouldn’t work as windows wont recognize my phone being plugged in. I did the online chat with palm, to no avail. I pulled the battery easily, a million times. I gave up.

    A few hours later, I plug it back into the wall, just for curiosity. I get the battery icon! LIFE IS GOOD AGAIN!, I check on it about 25 minutes later, webOS has started and im on the main screen. I check the battery life, 1%. I go to sleep thinking happy thought about a life with my Palm Pre Plus And I have so much fun together.

    I wake up. Screen is off. Gesture bar is blinking rapidly. Two blinks quickly and then 2-4 seconds of nothing…two blinks…so on and so on. It has since stopped blinking and now wont respond to anything.

    So tell me…..What do you think? Corrupted pre? Bad USB? Bad battery?
  2. #2  
    Try webos doctor.. It will reflash your phone..

    -- Sent from my Palm Pre using Forums
  3.    #3  
    Quote Originally Posted by sketch42 View Post
    Try webos doctor.. It will reflash your phone..
    I did. but it doesnt work because when my phone is plugged into my computer, its not recognized. Like, theres nothing at all
    Last edited by HipsterDoofus; 02/07/2011 at 08:24 AM.
  4. #4  
    If you have access to another battery, you might try a battery swap to see if the battery is bad. I would suspect the battery with these symptoms.
    Palm m130 > Verizon Trēo 650 > Verizon Trēo 755p > Verizon Palm Prē Plus > TouchPad > Verizon Palm Prē 2
    ~ The Future's Just Not What it Used To Be ~
  5. #5  
    leave the battery out for at least 20 minutes, plug it into your pc, hold volume up, install battery, once the usb symbol comes up try and doctor it
  6. #6  
    Quote Originally Posted by HipsterDoofus View Post
    When my phone is plugged into my computer, its not recognized. Like, theres nothing at all
    If your PC does not recognize your Pre, try the following steps:

    1. With the USB cable connected, completely power off the Pre (hold down the power button until the option to power off appears)
    2. Hold down the Up button on the volume rocker
    3. While holding the Up button, power on the Pre
    4. "Next" should now be enabled - proceed with the recovery

    The above steps will put the Pre into bootloader recovery mode and should allow the PC to recognize your device and proceed with the restore. In this mode the screen will display a giant USB logo instead of the usual Palm startup logo.

    http://en.m.webos-internals.org/wiki...edirected=true


    -- Sent from my Palm Pre using Forums
  7. #7  
    Quote Originally Posted by not-yet-pre View Post
    If you have access to another battery, you might try a battery swap to see if the battery is bad. I would suspect the battery with these symptoms.
    I'm thinking kernel .. But I'm not 100% .. So dr is the safest bet

    -- Sent from my Palm Pre using Forums
  8.    #8  
    Quote Originally Posted by not-yet-pre View Post
    If you have access to another battery, you might try a battery swap to see if the battery is bad. I would suspect the battery with these symptoms.
    I was going to stop by the verizon store and see if they had a battery they could test this out with. Maybe youre right!
  9.    #9  
    Quote Originally Posted by sketch42 View Post
    If your PC does not recognize your Pre, try the following steps:

    1. With the USB cable connected, completely power off the Pre (hold down the power button until the option to power off appears)
    2. Hold down the Up button on the volume rocker
    3. While holding the Up button, power on the Pre
    4. "Next" should now be enabled - proceed with the recovery

    The above steps will put the Pre into bootloader recovery mode and should allow the PC to recognize your device and proceed with the restore. In this mode the screen will display a giant USB logo instead of the usual Palm startup logo.
    Does it matter if i cant even power ON the Pre?
  10. #10  
    Quote Originally Posted by HipsterDoofus View Post
    Does it matter if i cant even power ON the Pre?
    Did you try recovery mode.. It's made for the types of situations.. Do you have something to lose.. Something better to do? you asked for advice, we gave it..

    -- Sent from my Palm Pre using Forums
  11. #11  
    sounds like a combination of issues. Did you have this phone activated to your verizon phone number yet? You need that to be able to create/use a profile in the normal fashion.

    are you using it as a phone? Or just as a wifi media player? That will determine your starting point.
  12.    #12  
    I called a bunch of verizon places around me, no one has any batteries. Im going to purchase one off of amazon for cheap and hope that this does the trick
  13.    #13  
    Quote Originally Posted by sketch42 View Post
    Did you try recovery mode.. It's made for the types of situations.. Do you have something to lose.. Something better to do? you asked for advice, we gave it..
    I did indeed try. but nothing hapened.

    Im inclined to lean towards the battery being the issue, as theres just absolutely no power, at all. But ****, I dont really know. Ill just keep eliminating things till I get fed up. Luckily, my friend I purchased it from, works for verizon. he told me hell try to get a replacement for me, if he could

    Quote Originally Posted by Cantaffordit View Post
    sounds like a combination of issues. Did you have this phone activated to your verizon phone number yet? You need that to be able to create/use a profile in the normal fashion.

    are you using it as a phone? Or just as a wifi media player? That will determine your starting point.
    I did have it activated at the store, set my profile up and it was working fine for a little while. it all went bad as soon as the phone went into "phone offline."

    I was planning on using it as my daily phone
  14. #14  
    HipsterDoofus, it's probably a really obscure problem that none of us have heard of
  15.    #15  
    Quote Originally Posted by IGNTNUNLMTD View Post
    HipsterDoofus, it's probably a really obscure problem that none of us have heard of
    LOL Dont tell me that

    but Ive seriously tried everything you guys have mentioned

    It sucks, because I ****ing love this phone and have been anxious to get one
  16.    #16  
    So I ordered the battery, if that fails, im probably just going to upgrade to the Palm 2 when it comes out on the 17th

Posting Permissions